a good advice will be appreciated~!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by eyeseemint, Nov 17, 2013.

1. eyeseemint

Firstly these are my specs
    Operating system Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Native resolution 1,366x768
    Graphics Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Graphics/video ports HDMI, VGA
    Graphics Memory 384MB
    Processor Intel Core i3-2350M
    Processor clock speed 2.3GHz
    Memory 4.00GB

Now, it has been almost five months since ive last played planetside and well,
    Ive heard of this optimization patch that apparently produces inconsistent, extremly polar results.
    I currently cannot test the game myself as i am in the middle of exams, but any pointers
    To how my game will run post patch willbl be great. Thank yout
  2. sagolsun

Without a dedicated graphics card I'm not sure it'll even start. If it does, performance will still be below the threshold of enjoyable gameplay.

Even if the game was to be written in handwritten assembly, optimized specifically for your machine, it wouldn't be possible to make it run anywhere near acceptable framerates. Your machine is designed to watch youtube and edit excel spreadsheets, not core gaming I'm affraid. It's a netbook, right?
  3. eyeseemint

Yup, well thats too bad...
  4. eyeseemint

Thanks anyways
  5. Alexlightning7

dont listen to him. An HD 3000 is more then enough to play the game effectivly. Just dont expect to have it on over 75 render quality and mostly low settings. If your ok with the game looking like Quake then you'll fine, since playable framerates are easily possible with that card.

What really matters is your processor. that is actually fairly weak, but I do have a similar one, just much higher clocked, and the game performs much better now.
    If you turn off shadows and things like that, I think you will get a playable framerate easily.
  6. neoboni

I used to play on a similar machine. You will need to turn all the settings to the lowest/off including the rendering to 50.

I was able to get about 20 fps on average during small to medium sized battles, but I would get this horrible stutter due to the processor running the cpu and gpu. So it will work, but it may not be a great experience.

-Neo
  7. eyeseemint

Ok thank you for all the feedback