Small gripes post-OMFG

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mustarde, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Mustarde

Anyone else having a really hard time tracking and shooting LA's out of mid-air? The animation seems funny, I can't seem to peg them anymore.

Still have issues with lag/cloak, and reloading causing decloaking. Bummer.

The infantry terminal monster that was brought up in a different thread is a huge letdown. I tweeted clegg too immediately upon seeing that thread - we need MORE stuff to do, not less!!! Besides, how many times have you gone into a tech plant, hacked that infantry terminal and pulled a max to back rage all the people camping upstairs? I used to love that!

Otherwise, it's an amazing patch and SOE should feel proud. The game runs better, and players are coming back to check things out. Had some huge fights the last few days, reminding me of the fun I used to have back at release, and when we had a round of server merges.
    • Up x 2
  2. Vaphell

i experience a strange, annoying and potentially TKing bug. I moved grenade to another place because too often i hit g by accident, trying to F or H. I plugged #3 there (dart, magic pistol, tube)
    So I zoom in the craptastic SASR, press G to switch to dart... and my dude unscopes and instantly throws a grenade o_O
    No idea if it's new but i don't recall ever having that issue.
  3. Canno

Also noticed when I switch from scoped rifle to gun I do the grenade throw animation. Doesn't happen every time (using numbers, not scroll wheel).

As for the LA thing, it's almost like a syncing issue. Haven't be able to figure out which direction the sync is off in, though.
  4. Scan

I've had an FPS increase, and I found myself having to re adjust my aim abit for stuff that moved, because I missed shots that I normally hit.

About an hour into it, I found I gotten used to it abit more as I managed to get snap headshots on moving stuff like before.

With LA I usually wait for them to land before I take the shot. Found getting their heads midflight is very, very difficult, and I'd rather not scare them off with a body shot.
  5. IIXianderII

Yea I have noticed it as well, I am not sure if the animation is just different or if the hitbox is misplaced but I have missed a few shots that I was sure would hit.
  6. Mustarde

Yeah I don't know about you guys but I shoot LA's all the time. Their movement on the ground is often erratic but once they start to float in the air, the trajectory becomes consistent and I start reliving my duck-hunt days.

It's really really weird now with the patch. I presume it has to do with the animation changes they have made, but I can't snipe a flying bird worth a damn now
  7. IIXianderII

Well I remeber when they had the Icarus jump jets they made the user pretty much invulnerable because the acceleration messed with the hitboxes. My guess is the animation changes may have screwed with some numbers somewhere and now we are experiencing a similar issue.
  8. Sworaven

Same here. I'm having trouble immediately cloaking after firing a shot. I aften end up spamming the cloak-key in panic and more often than not, it ends up with me being decloaked. Very frustrating, especially during countersniping.
    • Up x 1
  9. Lazaruz

Only things infiltrator related I have really noticed are the small animation issues with claymores and scopes. My character often throws the claymores to the right side of my screen, instead of putting them straight down like it normally does. And coming out of scope, the animation twitches and makes the scope elongate from the right of the screen place for a second. Then it "rubber bands" back to it's usual state.

Otherwise a solid patch. I'm enjoying playing light assault more, now that I have semi-decent frames (25ish) in 48/48 biolabs for example. I do get the desync/no damage bug every 2 hours or so... yesterday went in to C4 a Vanguard, press the red button and nothing happens. The vanguard could shoot me just fine though :(
  10. Astraka

I've had game breaking lag, desync, and crashing issues since the small patch after OMFG. I've managed to fix the crashing issues, but the lag & desync have effectively killed this game for me. It's ironic; prior to this patch I was running a steady 90+ fps without a care in the world.
  11. SnipersUnion

I had a rather worrying bug a few times today that seemed to occurring when switching weapons during the reload of the recon dart gun that triggered the throw grenade animation - I was rather worried whilst looking at a closely gathered group of friendlies I must say! Luckily it was just the animation and no grenade was actually thrown.

Mustarde, if you havent already please gives this thread a read - Love to hear your thoughts on the post.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-snipers-union-to-soe-regarding-ohk.158226/
  12. MonnyMoony

I am having trouble hitting targets at distance. Last night I spotted a couple of AV turret engies on an adjacent base. I must have fired off a dozen shots without getting a single hit (shots that I would normally pull off with ease). It was almost as if they were behaving as if beyond render range - but I could clearly see them.

Spotting also seems less reliable - especially at distance.
  13. K4is0r

Hey guys,

regarding movement animations, look at my old test thread:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/new-movement-animations.155731/#post-2237648
    The same things mentioned in this thread goes for flying LAs.

regarding desync/lag/reloading etc... sunday was the worst game experience for me. The more people are online and play, the worse it gets. Its a very old problem. Had the same issues months ago with the same symptoms. As long as SOE doesnt fix is, do yourself a favor and switch to esamir/amerish. On the other continents, you wont have this desync issue. Its mostly only on indar.

The coolest change in the new patch for me is the revamped expandable minimap. Now, if you expand the minimap, you can see the rest of the hud too (for example your certs, capture points and so on). :)

The worst change for me is the vanished slot symbol above enemy vehicles :/ I cant see it anymore if the tank has enemies in it or not and so I dont know if the repair guy outside is the only one or if there is another one in the tank itself....
  14. IIXianderII

Well the good news about not being able to see how many people are in a vehicle is that it would give a spot tool for the infil a purpose. I am not saying they will make one, but if they do it can definitely have a useful niche.
  15. K4is0r

There were sooo many good suggestions in this forum for the infi revamp... and what did they proudly announce? A recon drone which will have (as i see it so far) exactly no input on the daily infiltrator gameplay and a stationary recon detect device :p
    I dont believe that there will be any innovative introduction for the infiltrator until easter and christmas will fall on the same day...
  16. AngryPlayer

What's this about?
  17. Tenebrae Aeterna

I tend to think of Light Assault troopers as an anti-infiltrator. They themselves are akin to us in the sense that they can penetrate enemy defenses...but beyond that, they're the one class capable of getting to us out in the field while sniping by completely eluding our ability to take them out. In close, they're often the ones who catch me off guard when I'm uncloaked by simply being on a building or elevated position that I'm not focusing on.

I'm alright with this, they frustrate me to hell and back again...but I don't believe that balance should be based upon frustration.

The cloaking lag can be compensated for if you look at your gauge. I run a horrible Dell laptop that lags on the lowest settings, but if you look at your meter whenever you cloak...you'll notice that even if YOU don't cloak it's still depleting. That means that you are, and the graphical effect simply hasn't registered for you. It's annoying, but you'll eventually get used to it.

As for terminals and more to do, right there with you and agree completely.