The Snipers Union - Regarding OHK.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by SnipersUnion, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Botji

So as I said

"You are hard to please, so the only way to balance snipers would be if the mad skillz full auto sprayer can kill the sniper with no chance of dying even when fighting within the snipers maximum effective range?"

So I have made videos showing how easy it is to hit a stationary target even while moving and at "sniper" ranges. Why dont you show when you take out a lot of moving infantry with the sniper then, in your mind it seems to be so easy to do that nothing anyone says to the contrary even registers.

"It takes too long and the sniper only needs to make one shot at range that they barely need to compensate for."

Its much easier to do a live test of playing as an infiltrator than playing against them so go do that, play infiltrator for a few minutes and show off your epic kill streak score where you just make one shot at the guys shooting you. Shouldnt be hard to set up, just go the the nearest fight and stay aprox 150m away and start shooting and remember, you just have to make one shot per enemy.
    • Up x 2
  2. Raraldor

Well for one I main infiltrator so I know how it is to make headshots under pressure. No one in their right mind, except the newer players, would actually attempt to shoot at me from 150 meters away. They would try to close the gap fist and I'd kill them while they were doing that.
  3. efil4mocx

Well, if only that is how the devs think. However, seeing that they're proposing this ridiculous change, I wouldn't be surprised that they use vehicle hacking as a pretext to not giving us proper BASRs. So to that I say, I'd rather have proper sniping than vehicle hacking, if I can choose between the two.
    Or, they can make that a choice in-game, via some kind of suit slot or something. That's worth thinking about. If you're going around messing with vehicles, you probably don't need to snipe people 150m+ away.
    • Up x 1
  4. WycliffSlim

The only reason sniping is easier in BF4 is because it actually feels good and you can kill people at all ranges. The skill required to land headshots doesn't really feel any different to me. Only the payoff for landing them.
  5. Lividicus!

/agree

And if this change goes live I'll be one of those BF4 snipers.

It does feel good to kill at all ranges. And I think BF4 in general is easier to pick up and play because the weapons feel much more realistic. I believe that with the technology we have there is no excuse for not giving all weapons sway. It adds a layer of realism and in turn, makes for an easier operating experience because it's more natural.

This change, while welcomed by the infantry trolls, is insulting to all long-range snipers. It's the biggest slap in the face I've ever received in a video game. It honestly feels like SOE is tea bagging all of us because console players like to quick scope. And, because console players like it, we have to implement it otherwise it won't be successful on the playstation... Same thing happened to Diablo III. Game was released for PC, and used the PC players to beta-test and bug fix for the release to the playstation. It's insulting to us PC gamers. I play PC to rid myself from having to play with those jabronis! I sincerely hope that players wake up and see that this is bad for the game. I understand being killed by something you can't see. To me, however, it just adds a layer of realism and suspense. I get killed by snipers 1% of the time, on average... And I don't use nano weave!! Because when I'm out in the open, I know someone, somewhere, is adjusting for bullet drop, so I find cover, or get inside a vehicle. Players acting like being OHK from a long range sniper is an epidemic is pathetic, and SOE should be ashamed of themselves for making this game Call of Dutyside 2!

Edit: I really hope I don't sound like I'm raging. I really am not. I'm not sitting at my PC twitching my fingers and yelling at the screen. I'm more than prepared to go to another game if SOE proves they are this incompetent. Because it's only the matter of time before they implement other changes that ruin other play styles. If anything, they should make it so you can't OHK at less than 150 meters. Not the other way around....
    • Up x 1
  6. Scan

I usually sit within 50 meters because nothing is more annoying than having your target not die from your HS as he's running towards your position.

This is a start.

I believe they'll check how these changes will affect the game, and how big of a problem there will be of hordes of snipers suddenly enterting the scene, or how many people will start complaining about being wrfpwned by snipers.
    • Up x 1
  7. iEnvy

Personally dont mind a "cap" per se, but I do think 150 is too short, around 200 - 220 would fit better, AND if a cap is being put in then I friggin demand that there is somewhere in the scope that tells you how far away whatever youre looking at is. If we're talking down to 1 meter litterally makes the difference then it makes no sense if we dont get a "range finder" inside the scope, Ive been missing one the entire time, but even more so now that this change is on the horizon.
  8. Slight Remorse

As a CQC Sniper I would get pretty much straight up buffed by this change - I rarely do 150+ meter shots and have been denied the kill from more than a few people at 70+ meters due to NW.

The problem I see is that currently my 250 cert worth low zoom BASR would outperform the long range rifles on so many levels - I have lower zoom scope so I'm better off in closer ranges, my rechamber time is lower as well and there is no point for the x12 if 150 is your max range.

Also to everyone who cries that there is no counter to a sniper at 150 meters range or more - a piece of rock or even a wall counters us pretty well. People should learn to take cover and not being given a free "get away from death" card, just because they were far enough. You could all agree that headshots on people at that range are pretty hard when they're actually moving and not staying stationary.
    • Up x 4
  9. Alarox

Engineers with AV turrets spamming 300m out? Say goodbye to your weakness.
  10. [HH]Mered4

An artificial limit imposed on a tried and true playstyle is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard in a while. However, apparently SOE wants the NW frustration on snipers.

Let me put it this way: It is extremely difficult for myself (and others) to tell how skilled I am with a sniper when I get (what looks like) a headshot, only to have the enemy continue on his merry way, usually ducking behind cover first to heal up. I question my shots constantly, and miss more because I am aiming higher to try and get that headshot and to MAKE SURE its a headshot.

I've been sniping extensively with my infiltrator quite often lately, and this just flat pisses me off. I won't even bother checking for snipers at range now when I am another class. There is no reason to when i'll live through it anyway.

In addition, this proposed change DOES NOT REWARD SKILL. THAT ALONE is a HUGE RED FLAG.

Let me say again. A HUGE RED FLAG:
    [IMG]

I completely agree with everything the OP said - excluding Vehicle Hacking, because I don't care either way honestly. If you are in favor of this limit, ask yourself: What if med-long range rifles had a minimum engagement distance to "further establish their dominance at medium ranges"? What if pistols did 10% damage after 25m. for the same reason as snipers? What if Liberators were also limited to 150m, just to be fair to everyone else?

Some of these are a little extreme, but that's the road we are on.

ANOTHER REASON this is a bad idea:

THEY ARE CHANGING THE RULES. That's right. It's as if the creators of chess said NOPE. Pawns can move TWO SPACES, and ALL other pieces are limited to 3 spaces maximum. Whats the point of playing if the other guy is gonna change the rules so he is gonna win more often than you?

Food for thought.
    • Up x 2
  11. m44v

Except that they already said goodbye to it long ago, by equipping NW.
  12. DeadliestMoon

It feels good to the person sniping, not necessarily the people playing against them. Anyway, the real reason why it's easier is because snipers in those games do more damage to other parts of the body than in this game. You don't have to go for only headshots in order to get kills in BF but you can if you want to.
    • Up x 2
  13. DeadliestMoon

They are going to address the AV mana turret in the next Balance Pass post. Find another argument.
  14. SnipersUnion

This is exactly the kind of response a lot of us were concerned about. Not just the impact on ourselves but the class in general. Almost all of the people I have spoken to seriously on this, including myself, downloaded this game to play Infiltrator. We are a certain breed it would seem! ;) One that may be a minority, but not an endangered species... yet.

When I first got this game I thought you picked one class, and that was your role for the whole thing. My jaw dropped when I realized I was the medic, the pilot, the infantry, and the sniper. This is why we are trying to scream to the Devs about this!

YOU'RE TAKING AN ENTIRE PLAYSTYLE OUT OF THE GAME! YOU'RE ALIENATING AND LIMITING YOUR AUDIENCE! YOU'RE SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE FOOT! WITHIN 150M!

I will be making a thread soon on the EMP grenades and Vehicle hacking which is touched on here, so lets keep this about the cap and keep it up so the Devs can read!
  15. m44v

Knock off the damn drama, we already have a hard cap of 75m - 100m whenever a player chooses to use NW2. This update, while not what everyone wanted, is an improvement.
    • Up x 3
  16. Topher

These parts of your post are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. The other pieces I snipped were awesome too, but I think theses were the core, most well thought out and presented points. Amazing, man.
    • Up x 2
  17. Topher

This right ^here is a great example of how it helps players, as well.
    • Up x 2
  18. Topher

To butter up SOE and make them favour the people advocating these changes, as this statement creates and air of maturity through refuting an obviously absurd desire.
  19. MrMurdok

Infils will be forced to take a more "Combat Sniper" oriented role and not sit on a mountain 300 meters out, trying to double tap? Heck, I'm good with that.
  20. [HH]Mered4

Actually.... they are taking the NW stuff to a new level. Instead of indirectly nerfing the sniper range, they are basically saying, woops, you got us! looks like we will have to come clean with what we were trying to do all the time...........
    Sounds good in practice, but that sniper took time that he could have spent running around with an SMG to get to a premo sniper spot/area far from the battle, so he could snipe with impunity.

Too bad it takes 30 certs and a ton of skill to kill people at that range. A TON more skill than running around corners and ambushing people, thats for sure.
    • Up x 3