SOE needs a bit of cred

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RHYS4190, Nov 9, 2013.

1. RHYS4190

I admit i did get bored of PS2 and am now after about 2 days of fixing dices game my self am now playing BF4/ i am really not that impressed, every single thing in this game has some thing that is wrong with it.

I think SOE really needs to be put in perspective they actually done a pretty good job i mean the game runs pretty bloody flawlessly,

I think the problems was that content dryied up and things got stale place balencing could of been handed better but actually game wise i never had a problem running it which is a credit to the creaters that they have a game that can handle 100 people in one area fighting where as BF4 on all aspects is ****.

all in all SOE never pissed me off and let me down to the extent that DICE has.

Maybe they will redeam them selfs but at the moment really seems they just let there whole fan base down
    • Up x 4
  2. RobotNinja

Content dried up you say? Stale you say? Heck no! If anything the opposite! SOE is keeping it tots the fresh. I mean, hell they just gave the NC Infiltrators with bras and assless chaps in baby blue to make up for the disparity of the VS all looking asexual. They're on top of content.
    • Up x 2
  3. TheBloodEagle

I point a lot of negatives often on Forumside but I do need to give SOE cred. I've been playing since beta and there sure as heck is a lot of good things in PS2 that keeps me playing. I'm looking forward to more as always.
    • Up x 3
  4. FateJH

To be fair, every little thing in PS2 had something wrong with it for quite some time, some of which were fixed, others which weren't. Most of the LMGs didn't even have good reload animations for a few months, for example; you survive a long fall with only a little shield damage only to die from a short one; vehicles don't have actual physics; etc.. It all synergizes much better than it sounds because we all suffer at the same time. I see people having their own bouts of rage from time to time but the honest truth is the whole of the system is still a lot of fun.
  5. Wecomeinpeace

This game is an inconsistent, poorly thought out and badly implemented mess.
    And still is the best option if you want an experience that goes beyond small scale lobby based shooters.

There is admittedly not that much of competition around though. Maybe wanting more than just short term scoreboard play is too much of a niche afterall.

Edit: Btw, this is not ment as a jab against the devs, i don't know them and i don't know why exactly we ended up with what we got here so far. I'm just, as someone whos videos i frequently watch would put it, a gamer with an opinion (Hey chuck).
  6. Rogueghost

You seem incredibly upset about that, don't get me wrong its a very good thing to get upset about, but your level of hate and discontent towards this change exceeds that of anyone else.
  7. GSZenith

yeah i mean expecting a game to close proper and not crash, alt tab cause crashes and not needing to restart 2-3 times before working i mean stuff like that is something all game suffers from;)
    up next SoE announces ZoE buff scattmax nerf, marauder buffed.
  8. DevDevBooday

Im more impressed how they deal with all the sh*t we fling at them on a daily basis. They persevere when half the fan base screams at them to just give up.

HANG IN THERE DEVS!
    • Up x 7
  9. pnkdth

I love this game. That's the only reason I am so harsh. Lately, I've become better at pacing myself and not give into playing forumside. Hyperbole and whining is conterproductive towards creating a better game, after all. So, indeed, you are right. The sheer amount of stupidity we fling at them on these boards must be pretty stressful(and I imagine sometimes thoroughly amusing).
    • Up x 1
  10. Wecomeinpeace

DevDevBooDay, hmmm - Your name sounds kinda weird in that context lol.

They should look at it from another perspective though; People who keep coming here to passionately ***** about the game show that they are actually caring about it. If this forum would be a ghost town it would be a way worse sign from a devs perspective.
    Also we're not insulting them personally, they may all be very nice guys n gals we happily would drink a beer with, we just wish their hard work would translate into a better game then we currently have.

Add to that the expectation of the veterans who thought this would build upon the immense possibilities of the first planetside, and you have a good amount of disappointment about the lack of ambition and vision thrown into the mix. Such things may result in sometimes bitter sounding posts ("Oh PS2, you could have been so much more").

Well and of course you have the odd ******* now and then who just likes to come off as a ********* on every forum he comes across, but for the most part criticism (as poorly worded as it sometimes may be) is ment to be helpful.
    • Up x 1
  11. soeguud

You mean it's easy to flawlessly predict when PS2 will lock up or crash? A year in, and the game still crashes when you alt tab, and crashes when you try to log out. It'll also crash on load some time too, to rub it in.

I don't think anyone's been let down if virtually everyone has thrown down for the core title AND premium, both which cost the same amout.

For a battlefield title, this has been one of DiCE's smoothest launches - they're infamous for not getting a few things right the first time round and they'll get around to addressing the problems eventually. As for a game that can handle 100 people in one area fighting ..

EVE WoW Guild Wars 2 and a smattering of other MMOs can manage it smoothly. You only get 100 people in one area when half of them are locked in a spawn room.

Battlefield still does battle best. PLanetside 2 does scale. Gunplay and general combat, the former. For co-ordination and huge squads, Planetside 2.

And DiCE hasn't pulled off any marketing epic fails like MLG, and unlike SOE hasn't ever left making sure the game runs smoothly until a year after release.
  12. soeguud

I'm with the Ninja on this one. so make that two :D
  13. Naterian

The quality of the industry as a whole has been going down. Soon, it's just going to be standard.
    • Up x 1
  14. Earthman

The devs would do a lot better if they focused on that "bigger is better" giant battlefield FPS MMO thing they initially sold to us, adding strategic elements and more of PS1's formula.

The esport thing is a flop, is better off elsewhere, and is a money and time sinkhole here.
  15. teks

Battlefield 4!
    Its everything good about battlefield 3...with a 4 after it!

I laugh at the guys who preach how another reiteration of the same ole game is somehow a threat to planetside.

Planetside isn't just another FPS, and its just starting to come out of its shell, while Games like battlefield, and COD are squeezing all the juice they can out of the same old thing. Over the long term planetside is the one putting those games in danger not the other way around.

We have our own engine built from scratch with a scope those losers can only dream about. When this game hits consoles those crappy FPS are gonna be runnin.
  16. Lucidius134

I wouldn't mind the lack of content if balancing passes were more frequent considering they SHOULD just be changing one number to another.
  17. teks

Heres a thought to support your hunch.

Video games are an inferior good, and the economy is improving. As the economy improves demand for video games should decrease, because as people have more money they are less likely to buy video games.

To support my seemingly crazy hypothesis. Think of all the trailer homes you go in that have a big-screen TV and a ******-out gaming system. Now move onto more upper class homes, and note how they often don't have any gaming system at all unless they have kids.

Video games are cheap entertainment for the masses who can no longer afford to go out for entertainment, so as the economy continues to recover more people will begin going out, and demand for games will drop. As demand drops profits drop, as profits drop quality drops...As quality drops demand further drops...and profits drop once more.

Thats my prediction for the gaming industry as the economy improves.
  18. DevDevBooday

I agree, completely, as long it runs smoothly. At the very leastThe PS4 launch of Planetside will be great publicity for the game even if console players arent as interested.
  19. tproter

You're comparing fixing a game that's been out for a week or so (BF4) vs. a game that's practically been in beta for a year and a half (PS2)?

Suuuure....
  20. RHYS4190

still to be perfectly honest PS2 never made me want to shoot my self which is scary for me because i have millions of guns at my house.