Funny how comfortable test server fights are

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by KariH, Nov 7, 2013.

1. KariH

It is funny how comfortable test servers fights are. No trollers and everyone co-operates atleast somehow. No trollers and no teamkillers!

I wish every figths will be like these!

And it should be anounced more cleary WHY certain sundies must not be destroyed. .. well they are indestructible actually.
    • Up x 2
  2. libbmaster

So true. It's so much fun, trying out new weapons in an actual combat scenario...
  3. John_Aitc

@KariH, I wholeheartedly agree. It sounds like you participated in the Nov. 07 PTS also. I had a great time there. There were a few Sunderer kills, then a few /yells from all factions to stop, and it actually stopped.

Part of my enjoyment has to be credited to all the work done by the PS2 Team. I had great framerate in that chaotic Crown battle.
    • Up x 1
  4. Regpuppy

It's mostly the extra 8-10 gig gate that's keeping most trolls out. Too much effort compared to just making a throwaway alt or a fresh account on the live servers. Because of this, it's mostly just people actually wanting to actually test for one reason or another.
    • Up x 6
  5. doombro

There's plenty of trolls. Sundie killers, in particular. That aside, things are usually pretty tame in /yell, unless someone goes off on a tirade about weapon imbalances. That usually gets people started.
    • Up x 3
  6. Backf1re

Summed up perfectly. +1
  7. codeForge

I've been doing Test Server stuff for almost 15 years. For the most part, the kind of people who are willing to go through the hoops and actually get onto test are just terrific players. The kind of people that really do care. I echo Regpuppy's findings.

And we're thankful you guys come around. Keep it up.
    • Up x 11
  8. Killbot

Are we there yet?
  9. blueangleofdeath

I love testing and helping you guys out. I know that I'm not just helping the team or myself but I'm helping the entire player base and the game all at the same time. I'm glad that the dev team can take some time to play with us during testing.
  10. Rogueghost

My only complaint about Test is how scarce infantry resources are, I go through 40 medkits every play session on live, and I get irritable without them on test.
  11. Cromell

I've had lots of fun with testing new optimisations on PTS lately. Especially since most people seem to be willing to do cool and derpy stuff, not the usual tryharding we have to endure on live servers. That's a nice change of pace, and playing at much higher framerates is a bliss in itself. ;)
  12. HadesR

Mostly .. The majority of players have been pretty good .. Be still have the % with the IQ of a rock :p

I mean we have been running with three Unofficial PTS Etiquette rules these past few weeks, which most people have stuck to allowing testing to be both fun for us and productive for the Dev's.

1) Do not target Sundies
    2) Sundies can not use their weapons ( Few Dev's should pay attention to this :p ) or 1) becomes null and void
    3) Don't spawn / sundy camp

And no matter how many times someone mentions it in /yell it falls on deaf ears. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  13. Takoita

The amount of shotguns and/or people with much better fps/latency per one unit of population is sometimes uncomfortable, but otherwise, yeah, I agree.
  14. eldarfalcongravtank

thats because it's not a reckless run for certs on the test servers. people actually play the game for fun instead of looking for the next easymode farming opportunity

there, i said it...
    • Up x 1
  15. libbmaster

Darn, he's right.

Heck, I love going on and trying out the NC. When you have the certs to experiment, it's fun!

(But I did get my med-gun to level 6. as a courtesy to other players)
  16. Ronin Oni

with 100k certs, spending 1.5k on a teamplay asset seems rather easy :p

I love test for the cert testing. You get to play with basically anything you want. If you ever run out... wipe and start over, not taking the certs you don't want again.
    • Up x 1
  17. Westahehe

I recently came back to the game after I saw OMFG updates and so on, and I downloaded test server a week ago to see how does it actually plays on my outdated pc specs. Having around 20 fps in huge battles on live did put me out of the game when it launched (I actually played the game since early beta) but having around 40-50 fps in massive battles ( like that one on crown few days ago) looks absolutely fenomenal. Test server is great opportunity for me to test out everything that's outdated for me (it's been almost a year, cqc infils what? :d ) so I spend most of my time there. When OMFG goes live, I'm bringing a lot of friends to the game, and they are even more excited then I am, some of them are preparing for a nolife mode this week, and they love my feedback from test server.