Remember when Indar had a giant mining drill facility?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by $1.99 Taco Combo, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Vindicore

Don't remember?

Of course I do:
    [IMG]

Spent far too long wondering what the pictures meant back in 2011...
    • Up x 1
  2. Tommyp2006

While I don't think Canyons: The Continent would have been as fun as current Indar, that warpgate positioning is MUCH better than in the current game.
  3. HooWoo

[IMG]

Wow
  4. SpaceKing

What might have been...

I assume the Drill was some sort of Auraxium resource point? I forget what Auraxium was for...
  5. RomulusX

Can someone link the picture...it's not displaying for me :(
  6. Revanmug

Auraxium was gain from holding and fighting at any main base. They were the ressource used to buy weapon in the cash shop rather than certs.
  7. SpaceKing

Oh, wonder why they didn't use both
  8. Revanmug

AFKing for the auraxium ressource. Also fighting on main base was getting too important was the main 2 reported issue.
    • Up x 1
  9. VSDerp

that 1.99 taco combo sounds like a deal!
    • Up x 1
  10. Regpuppy

He beat me to it. Love how that base looks. It's like a unique and unofficial facility base to me. Would love for one of those at the center of Indar though.

I remember the big tipping point was when Esamir was released. Freedom reigned on Esamir for weeks and NC players didn't log off, we just afk'ed on Esamir.

Dem afk macros
    • Up x 1
  11. Epic High Five

But why the tea kettles
  12. daniel696

Ships on the Ocean, ah... how I would like to see naval battles in that oceans... *dreaminghard*
    • Up x 2
  13. Phaze

But seriously... most of the original/older ideas are better than the current reality.

You guys just gave up trying to make a cool/original game... and went the BF/COD clone route (w/more players and wonkier hit detection).

I remember Smed or Higby... one of them... going on about how SOE wasn't going to be afraid to try stuff - whether it worked, or not - PS2 wasn't going to be generic.

^Where'd that attitude float away to?
    • Up x 3
  14. Littleman

Going back to the 4km x 4km map sizes to justify lowering continental population caps and keeping numbers condensed might not be a bad idea with Planetside 2's current populations... Might also allow SOE to chuke out quality continents a little faster.

Hell, Indar could be broken up into 3 separate continents: two 2x2 and one 2x4.

One idea I will hold SOE accountable for by their collars is ditching the whole central structure being an ancient ruin approach. I've always felt that's what PS2 should have done with the center of each continent. Why are we fighting over continents again? Could have been ancient tech to give our sides a battlefield advantage. Instead, it's resources no one cares about. Such a wasted opportunity.
    • Up x 1
  15. Kuggan

PERVERT
    • Up x 3
  16. Pikachu

You really can't think of anything else when you see a cylindrical cavity with lack of light?
    • Up x 4
  17. Astriania

Eisa is a worthwhile central capture, being the only tech plant. But yeah there's a big lack of medium term goal that capping a continental special territory could help with.
  18. SpaceKing

Oh it floated away on a river of wine coming from the Forumside Winery.

It's funny, though - nobody actually cares about Eisa Tech until someone starts a fight. There can be 20 roving ghost-capping platoons and Eisa Tech will be untouched.
    • Up x 2
  19. Zotamedu

I would love to see The Crown being completely levelled to the ground and replaced by a hole and a big freaking drill.
    • Up x 1
  20. SpaceKing

Or a crown-shaped facility. Give it huge walls like an Esamir facility, limited entrances.
    • Up x 1