rocket launchers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by smokygnat, Nov 3, 2013.

1. smokygnat

I know a lot of you would be against this but I would really like the rocket launcher to do less damage to a player a lot of ppl use it indoors against ppl rather than guns and I think its a crap way to die do it with a gun stand up and be a man and don't hide behind your poxy rockets
  2. FIN Faravid

Perhaps make it have bigger damage splash towards direction you fire it from?
  3. Earthman

If the "X weapon is unfair" people all had their way we'd have one weapon, with recolors.
    • Up x 2
  4. Phazaar

Capital letters. Punctuation. Use them.
    • Up x 2
  5. Phazaar

Hilariously, we'd also have people coming in and saying 'NC's Gun001 is -so- much better than TR's Gun001. I can't believe it gets to OHK with a bodyshot, where our gun takes at least 7 shots. IMBAAAA!!'...
    • Up x 1
  6. Earthman

That's quite likely too. Or they'd say one color is easier to see than the others or something like that.

If we take this too far we get some ultra-balanced no-fun-allowed nightmare like ShootMania.
  7. Pikachu

Nooo more stupid damage modifiers. But fine give them an arming range.
    • Up x 1
  8. Jube

If anything Splash damage should be increased on the Dumbfire Rocket launcher. The ML-7, S-1 and ...Awe hell I forget the NC versions name, but you get my meaning. They should have their splash damage increased to make it easier to kill the Engineers that are leg humping the Max's in the Bio lab.
  9. Pikachu

The splash damage isn't even correct in the description. If you shoot a wall you know you might not even lose all your shield, yet it says 1000. Total BS. The number of times I manage to kill someone by splash damage is negligible. UBGL on the other hand. In tight clusters that thing kills main target and 2-3 nearby people.
  10. MarlboroMan-E

I can understand the OP's frustration ... but ... I disagree. The reload time is almost a day, and in the time it takes to pull out an LMG your friend should have that dirty heavy on his ***. Despite that, yes, getting killed by a RL indoors is annoying.
  11. FoxD3v1lsW1ld

I dont really see the problem either. The splash-damage is not that great and you'll mostly only kill already damaged players with it.
    So what remains is a single-shot weapon with incredibly slow bullet speed and a couple of days of reload. Seems still kinda nice to me...
  12. Hatesphere

an arming range would make rocket launches useless against their primary target, tanks. you know how many times I've been being hunted by a tank and my only defense was hugging hills and hitting them from less the 15m?
    • Up x 1
  13. tastyBerryPunch

No leave them alone. I need them against Maxes and shotgun users.
  14. Hatesphere

good point, and maxes, an arming range would make rockets useless against maxes as well.