Massive Warping & Inflicting no Damage

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LaserGuided1337, Oct 29, 2013.

1. LaserGuided1337

Hello Support Team,
    Hello Community!

Tonight I encounter two issues with relatively strong impact on gameplay experience:

1.) All of the sudden, I start warping randomly around as other players do alike. This seems to relate on the connection to the server or the processing of it. I seem to warp around, hopping back and forth, and so do from my view any other participants.

It all seeems like there is a massive delay in computing incoming data from my client, since interaction with static terminals, also i.E. repairing a damaged Sunderer is possible, but happens with strong delay.

2.) Inbound with the first issue, it occurs on a mutual random trigger, that I lose the ability to inflict damage on any mobile or static Item, Player or anything with a healthbar at all. This often comes afore the at 1.) described issue and appears to be a precondition or effect announcing the in 1.) regarded issue.

Steps already applied:

a.) Closed my connection multiple times and reconnected
    b.) Set up network rules on my local router to priorize data sent on PS2 Game and VoIP ports
    c.) Checked Win8.1 firewall settings thrice
    d.) Shut down and restarted multiple times router and rig

z.) (Irony) Sacrificed my not yet firstborn in an ritualized way to praise the glory of the almighty Lord of WWW, Bewarer of the Connection, Bringer of Packets, the mildly guiding Hand to all data transfers and saviour to his cheerful believers and worshippers, the indigenous Webfolk (Irony off)

Replication: At the moment, I have found no way nor an event which could trigger this issues.
    Closing the game client to disconnect and reconnect to the game server helps most of the time, until after a while it all wents "GOTO RandomWarp" again.

I do not encounter any problems at other games nor any other web-based platforms, exept the SOE/PS2 Servers. Since these issues render the gameplay unplayable to me, any helpful ideas or a official support statement, telling me SOE is on it, will be taken with great gratitude!

Regards,
    LG1337

2. LaserGuided1337

After further research, I have come over the following threads on Forumside:
    a.) https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/seriously-no-damage-bug-fix-it.119348/
    b.) https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/desync-issues-and-work-arounds.95695/

According to these threads, I went with the idea of turning off the CPU Frequency up- and downscaling and the according desync of client/server. Setting fixed, non-OC values via the integrated menu of Asus BIOS, two hours have passed. I notice reduction to minimal warpings w/o impact on game experience, also beeing able to inflict damage and receive in a proper way.

Note: Since I have never encountered these issues before, all indications are pointing toward Windows 8.1., which is the sole and single change I have made to the system recently (+6 Months).

No early call here, I will monitor the whole thing and report in.

Regards,
    LG1337
  3. JonboyX

It's almost as though the server ignores your upload stream, or takes ages to process it and reply back?

I don't subscribe to the whole overclock thing. There can be weeks where I have no problem, then suddenly it's an issue again. I think if it was my computer causing the issue, it'd be a more regular occurrence. Still, if others are happy to lose 20% performance to [seemingly] stop the odd few occasions it causes a problem then that's up to them!
  4. Withnail

I had the same problem last night on Cobalt as well. People disappearing, then reappearing 10 meters away. Terminals not working properly, thruster boosts not engaging and then randomly engaging a few seconds later when I'm not even pressing the button.

Restarted the client and my router a few times and eventually the problem seemed to correct itself.
  5. LaserGuided1337

I've to admit: Both happened. I could not tell the actual share, but it happened tho. While the first went in with the warping, the second came with the "No Damage"-Issue like I had a massive lag, despite not having such at all: I was manning a 2/3 Harrasser with my outfit mate and noticed the most that any damage received was displayed with a strong delay.

-> I took this at first for a network issues, resulting in me defining priority rules for the PS2-related port range and triple-check of my firewall settings.

I'm very glad to hear that me wasn't the only one having issues that night, just for the knowledge that my issue isnt singular, therefore a local thing between my machine, my ISP and SOE, which would complicate things alot...

I think that I sent you a tell when you mentioned my odd movement on Indar, right (Not sure)?
    While unspooling the standard repertoire of measurements to fix temporaty issues, I resetted the router and machine as I said before, unfortunately w/o result or effect above any a game client restart would've made.

@ About the "OC"-Thingie in general:

The Idea behind the fix attempt seems to follow a certain logic at first, which I could adapt. Even if I was wondering how the relation between a framerate/local computing thingie would connect with a unsync with serversided calculation at all, I considered it worth a try.

In this, I did not really "OCed" anything but left the default values of the BIOS. This should hinder the "Auto"-Settings to scale on demand, frequencies and voltages and so on, and having absolute values to work with. In second, for a try, I denied the CPU to shut down / underclock the CPU by itself to handle the source of the issue, which the linked fixing idea proposed.

Later, I may set things back to the state of config I had tonight, just to cross-check the thesis, but for now it seems to work. Might be an incidence or not. Well see. But thanks so far for your replies, I hope we leave some knowledge behind in this :)

Regards,
    LG1337
  6. FLHuk

Perhaps the massive storm that flew over Europe. For myself this is exactly where the problems started. There were a LOT of major outages in the UK and being down 4km of overhead copper i'm sync'd right down to a point where PS2 just can't cope which gives me warping.
  7. XLander

Uninstall windows tabletware 8. Your running a PC not a tablet. Install windows 7. Not all software upgrades are created equally. Think of windows 7 as current version of XP. Think of windows 8 as windows, ME,NT and 2000. All of which were failures and at least on of which was shipped with a virus preloaded.
  8. Gammit

No. Windows 8 is fine and nowhere close to ME. Neither were NT or 2000 failures.
  9. Pin_Cushion

I have basically the same problem. It's apparently because PS2 doesn't like ASUS Motherboards. I've tried everything I could think of to fix it and nothing has worked. After 15 to 30 minutes of play I get out of sync with the game world, and people start warping all over the place. Even if I get someone dead to rights I can't hit them with anything other than a knife. While it's occasionally funny to run up to people and stab them to death, since I'm apparently warping all over the place from their perspective too, this has gotten very old.

It's odd that this problem wasn't present when I first played during release. I guess I'll pop back in after the optimization patch and see if they've bothered to fix it.
  10. LVD Eyolf

Have you tried the ASUS AI Suite fix as it wasn't listed among what you've tried? Fix is if you are using the motherboards software based utility AI suite.

Open AI suite > Settings > Application and uncheck Monitor (Sensor and CPU frequency).This will inevitably cause issues if you are using auto overclock features there, but then again you can and should be doing it via the BIOS.

No idea why there is a conflict there but it worked for the no damage issue I had. The game still crashes every few hours (dats PS2 for you!) but at least you'll have the chance to bloody shot someone.

I've had this issue for about 6 months now and had to remember to disable it coming back to PS2 now. Look at a few other threads "No damage compilation" or something if I remember and the ASUS issues / this fix are in part listed there.
  11. Pin_Cushion

I've never used AI Suite, so I can't disable it. I've gone into BIOS and disabled all the auto features, since I read that they could mess with the CPU timing. I'm stumped, and pretty annoyed since I spent quite a bit on station cash when I started.
  12. S7rudL

PS2 requires an internet connection of at least,
    50 Kilobytes/s minimum download
    150 Kilobytes/s recommended max download
    6 Kilobytes/s minum upload
    14 Kilobytes/s max upload

Use http://winmtr.net/ to ping the server you play on, there should be no packet loss and pings not higher than 120-150.

http://www.pingtest.net/ and http://www.speedtest.net/ is also useful.

You can also check your modem signal quality if you have one via 192.168.100.1 in my case.

This only eliminates connection issues.
  13. Pin_Cushion

My connection is fine, unless there's a 30 minute spike that I can't find on any other game.

On a sad note, I tried the Test Server out in hopes that this had been fixed. It's worse! I went 1v1 with someone in a Lightning, and got the warping and hit-register bug with just the 2 of us in the base. It was strange. After he killed me I came back and killed his empty tank just fine.

Later the same session I was capping a point when an Infiltrator attacked. We both shot at each other for a good 30 seconds before he killed me. I chatted him up and he said I was warping really bad, and he was warping on my screen too. We both unloaded about 2 clips at each other, but he couldn't keep up with my warping and none of my hits registered on him.

This is with just 2 people in the area...perhaps 3. Maybe a handful of people on the entire continent! So it isn't server load.

I'm absolutely baffled. It's become a real riddle. What should I be doing to measure my rig's performance during play to try to nail down this issue?
  14. Cr0sshair

I have the same problem, desync desync warp warp, wait for it to calm down, desync some more. Sad part is I just started playing again and renewed my sub after a couple months. Tried all the fixes, but it isn't my side since I built a rig just for ps2 and worked perfectly before I went on a break, came back patched and this desync. Even people were threatening to report me and it got to the point where I just logged out of frustration.:(
    • Up x 1
  15. Oguska

Same here bro!
  16. EventHorizon

I've had the same issue for a few days now. Re installed the game, no help. Checked my connection speed, 19ms ping 30Mbps download 5 Mbps upload, no problem. Cycled my routers on and off. Uninstalled and re installed my adapter drivers. Nada.
  17. Oguska

This infantry and vehicle wapring, and massive lag shows up when i'm in a crowded battle.No matter where on map or continent.

At the other hand, my ping values are nearly doubled to servers.WHY ? 190ms! When in a crowded war i think it goes up to 3000ms, there is serious problem at somewhere but not at me or my connection.Every other game that has a server in europe runs uber fine.

i'm gonna record a video about this issue.I'm out the game until a fix comes.
  18. EventHorizon

Heres one I shot today.

19. Decian

I have a very similar problem here. My game never completely freezes but, i get people warping around the screen and minimap constantly. It is obviously very bad in a pitched battle of high players. One thing I noticed though is that it stops completely if I disable voice chat. While, this does make the game playable it's crap for trying to work with a squad. I am using HDMI for my video but, using audio through the motherboard to my Astro headset. I flashed the BIOS today thinking it might help but, nada. I'm not sure what's up, when I monitor my CPU it's only at like 25% but, my Maximum Frequency is like 90%. Then I disable voice chat and the game runs fine.

System Specs:
    i7-3820
    16.0GB Ram
    Asus P9X79 LE Motherboard
    EVGA Superclocked GTX770 2GB
    256 GB Samsung SSD
  20. nallar