TR is blatantly OP. Here are some stats.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gnometheft, Nov 1, 2013.

1. i4PLAY

lol...just LOL. Bulletdrop, there's no frikking bulletdrop in this game up till way beyond 250m. As if we all are shooting our LMG's beyond those ranges...Have a nice cup of ****
  2. Earthman

Once again we hear the enlightened wisdom and maturity of Vanu players.
    • Up x 1
  3. Bape

I really enjoyed reading TR/VS calling each other OP lmao I never had a good laugh. Funny thing is TR/VS are the ones that used data first on the NC max calling it OP but when NC or another faction uses data I noticed these comments.

TR: you are dumb
    VS: It not OP you need to L2P data means nothing

When NC max was actually good it was basically this

TR: You are dumb look at the data the NC maxes are out performing other maxes
    VS:NC max needs a nerf look at the data

Anyone notices how data "Means" nothing anymore when data is used against TR/VS :eek:?

But whatever im just bringing back the past when data was first introduce on our maxes don't get butt hurt over this.
    • Up x 1
  4. MurderBunneh

What it shows is that given equal equipment the NC perform very well. So much for the L2P argument huh?

TR performing the worst on NS equipment and then having huge leads with ES equipment is pretty much the most damning piece of evidence yet.
    • Up x 1
  5. MurderBunneh

Yes getting a suppressor that doesn't induce insane drop isn't a bonus and VS don't ever use suppressors do they? I know I kill way more people with my suppressor on. And not having to compensate for drop and lead would be huge.
    • Up x 2
  6. Astealoth

Not really true.I love my lightning and I run it a lot, and also see a lot of TR running theirs with HEAT and AP. My Lightning is a racer frame 3 HEAT solo Harasser. I play it very aggressively with tank on tank action as my primary goal. I also run with a lot of TR tank columns which really isn't as Prowler heavy as you would imply, on Waterson at least. If anything I see more Vanguard columns with only 8% Lightning users. The Vanguard has unmatched survivability, NC aren't having to pop a new vehicle every 5-10 minutes like the Prowler tends to need even in skilled hands.

I have crap for certs in my prowler, it's a good vehicle but it's the Prowler vs. Magrider vs. Vanguard only really favors the Prowler when the enemy tanker is very bad at aiming, as we do the same damage but spread across more shots. Since the Vanguard and Magrider is fairly easy to use, you don't tend to run into a lot of bad Vanguards or bad Magriders. Equal skill the Magrider and Vanguard have a slight advantage in my opinion, as the Magrider can be shot under and can strafe making it a more agile and hard to hit target and the Vanguard has an overshield. All sides have advantages in certain situations which makes them pretty balanced, you have to know how to play up your traits so MBTvMBTvMBT is one of the only places where faction traits is really working as intended in this game right now. The stats in this thread don't mean anything, they're just fudged up to try and paint a picture in the OP's favor without providing anything substantial to the discussion.
  7. Villanuk

Sums it up perfectly :)
  8. Goretzu

It's all about velocity in this game, and it often addes up. The other big advantage is shotguns with slugs.
  9. Gurra

Ok i dont care aboute the Esf's becuse i think lolpods are in general op for all factions and needs a nerf.

I dont care abote harrasers becuse they are also op atm and needs balance.
    and also its the harraser that makes the marauder/vulcan op
    before the harraser i think most ppl didnt even know abote the marauder.

But anyways i wanna know is these stats Pre nerf He and heat? becuse i know i could get around 150 + killstreaks with my prowler He it was just silly but it got nerfed into the ground wich was both good and bad.

but could you prehaps pull out some Score per hour instead becuse i have a feeling that the vanguard is not far from being on top of that.
  10. gnometheft

These are all gu14, you can find that and more detail on time in the links.
  11. Dovahkiin

Precisely why i used the past tense of the verb 'to dominate'. Maybe if you had payed attention that i was indeed talking about the past, when the Striker was insanely OP. The stats from the OP are of course from the past and therefore I considered why the TR had better stats, relating it to what was OP.
  12. Aegie

Not the last time I saw those figures. Prowler was 20% greater score per hour than Vanguard (Magrider was 17%) and those were post-nerf Prowler and post-nerf Magrider figures. Prowler and Magrider are a lot better at dealing with infantry and since they are the most abundant and deadly threats that really helps with the score.
  13. gnometheft

And just like my reply to him, I'll reply to you. It sums up a post that is trying to dismiss the importance of statistics in a statistics based thread, with extremely biased examples that have no context, and says nothing about ES weapons either. Sense you and him do not believe in the accuracy/reliability of the stats, you really don't have an argument besides that.
    Agree to disagree with the thread about the importance of the statistics in the game and be done with it.
    • Up x 1
  14. Awass

Yup. Say that only 3 items is not enough evidence then randomly toss the VS an OP accusation about a single item to deflect attention from your own faction. Well played, well played.

That said, I do think that higher TR score is more the result than the cause. It's all just comes down to the ever-present population problem.
  15. Slandebande

First of all, I don't see the TR dominating every fight if there are equal numbers. If there aren't equal numbers, I don't see a difference between the TR and the other factions, population wins in a lot of cases. Also, nice of you to just list the total amount of kills in the OP, which doesn't really mean anything. I don't really see the point of including that at least, you could've just given us the links if you didn't want to pull out any meaningful numbers.

Lets take a look at the MBTs:
    The AP variants of the TR and VS are scoring pretty equal KPU, despite the better farming potential of the Prowler AP, with the Vanguard being the least effective, which is pretty much accepted as the worst AI tank in the bunch. Not very conclusive as the Prowler would be expected to score better than the Magrider here (I wouldn't call 0,2KPU significant at least).
    The HEAT and HE show the increased AI potential of the Prowler due to being able to kill infantry in 1 reload with splash alone, but show a similar difference between the Vanguard and the Magrider as well.

For the Harasser:
    I see the Vulcan is beating the Saron and the Enforcer here, but it's close with the Saron. In fact, you see a similar difference between the TR Halberd and the VS Halberd, with the Halberd being superior to the Vulcan. For some reason the TR are being outperformed in the Fury department by miles, with it scoring markedly lower in all quartiles. The Marauder is obviously scoring higher than the other variants for AI purposes, and is accepted as being a bit too strong I think. I simply think it is because that sort of weapon fits the Harasser much nicer than the other ES variants. The NC and VS using the Fury are scoring almost as high a KPU as the TR Marauder.

In these stats you are not correcting for things such as kph (kills per hour or X amount of time to get an indication of play-style and reward levels), vehicle kills (to judge the actual effectiveness of AV weapons without being biased by their AI capabilities, both need to be considered but with stats as representative as possible for both), general score per hour and others. Another part that should be considered in the MBT-balance is the ratio of split kills/vehicles destroyed between the driver and the gunner, as they can also vary between the different tanks and load-outs. I also missed the secondary weapons for the MBTs, as they are also relevant in that discussion. These stats aren't useless, but should be way more detailed to base much upon them other than the Marauder is over-performing on the Harasser, but not by much compared to the Fury (I would much rather have the PPA on my Prowler though) and that the Halberd is still the king of AV-based Harasser weapons if only those stats are considered without other parameters (still beating the Vulcan at least), which also leads to prove that more comprehensive data is needed.

I don't fly much and I'm tired so I didn't look at the aircraft scores.
  16. Villanuk

I have already explained my case. Stats are fine with the right context but you selected just 3 and called TR op on that basis, which is not justifiable.
  17. Villanuk

I never said VS were OP ;) I just said take a look at the Max.

You do make a valid point which also explains why stats alone without certain criteria cannot be the basis alone on defining an OP accusation.
    • Up x 1
  18. Goretzu

That was all the stats said about the NC AI MAX (that and that NC AI MAX died more in the given frame too). :confused:
  19. Czuuk

Every faction has something that is OP. Well, every faction except NC. So ok maybe we have the Jackhammer. Except that plenty of the folks that I shoot at on Waterson have figured out how to kill me at point blank by shooting me from INSIDE of my shotgun's clipping range.
    • Up x 1
  20. Airazor

You play on Waterson? Then you too are tired of the TR as much as I am! hahah Good stat catch indeedy! :)