If we get better optimization, does it mean we will get bigger battles?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by chilly154, Nov 1, 2013.

1. chilly154

With a lot more people like 100+ more? Remember back in the launch they had to decreased the number of player battles because people computers couldn't handle it. Does this mean if we get better optimization we will get bigger battles?
  2. DeadliestMoon

Let me beat the doomsayers to the punch by saying that people who left won't ever come back.
    Now I don't believe this because this is an MMO, and the very nature of MMOs is that people leave and come back.
    • Up x 1
  3. lothbrook

I hope not, the big battles are pretty sucky, theres no real tactics or skill involved in them, just zerg the other side till you win or get pushed back out. Best fights are when both sides are about even in the 25-48 bracket. I actually got off last night because there was basically 2 fights for the NC to get involved in and both were massive fights, the rest were basically ghost caps, with maybe 1-2 guys defending.

Could just be that bases are poorly designed and can't handle the huge fights, cause i've been in some big fights between bases on open ground that were pretty good, but once it moves into a base its just ******.
    • Up x 1
  4. chilly154

I didn't come to this game to play 16 player battles or 64 player battles. There is a lot of FPS out there with 20 and 40 players battles. I didn't pick this game to play in those type of battles.
    • Up x 6
  5. libbmaster

Last part is quite valid. Squeezing a zerg into an outpost is silly: only major facilities should be connected and then the battles will flow freely between, bouncing from outpost to outpost only when necessary.

The big fights only get fun when multiple outfits put two-three platoons on the field and try to take major facilities. The you have platoon level coordination, tactical maneuvering and epic open field battles as outfits try to flank each other.
    • Up x 2
  6. Armory1416

Not likely, some will come back but with the meta-game in the same state, balance as abismal as ever and no new content, the optimized game won't hold their attention very long. If after a month of the first patch Hossin or Amerish 2.0 comes out then it's likely but again anyone jumping back into an NC role will probably be turned right off.
  7. lothbrook

You can't honestly think cramming 100 people into bases that are no larger than your average Halo map is a good thing,
  8. chilly154

What are you telling me? They should just limit how many people get rendered or just drop 2000 players off the map and make it for 16 player limit? The base designs has it flaws. but they shouldn't degrade the game because of that reason. If zergs aren't fun then why do people join them? This game is mostly about big battles it would be stupid of them just to get rid of the idea. They are trying something new That a lot of FPS games have not touch the surface before.

The game is improving. I been here for a long time. This game mostly about competition between outfits.

I got to ask why do you play this game?
    • Up x 1
  9. Fredfred

If the optimization is stable enough and brings enough performance boost to people. It will bring a lot of players back, whether or not they stay, isn't certain. But when it is released, expect a spike in population.
    • Up x 1
  10. Dovahkiin

^^ What he said.

This game has a pretty bad rep among the people who tried it then left. The damage has already been done.

Sure you can expect more people to log in for the optimization patch, but once they realize that balance is still all over the place and there is no meta game, most of those people will quit again.

I don't expect population surge until PS4 release. By then Hossin, battle islands, and resource revamp should be done.

If anything i expect population decrease as more people get into COD ghosts or BF4.
  11. MavCooL

100+ people fights?? people with crappy internet will be forced to see a lot of things flying in the air...