Balance Pass Post 1: Vehicle Weapons and the Harasser

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by joshua, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Furluge

I fail to see the problem with this. If it's of equal usefulness as it's counterparts that makes it balanced.
  2. Goretzu

That's EXACTLY the problem though.

It taking many players working in smooth coordination just to drive a Harrasser off (and many more to have the slightest chance of killing one).......... which is, agian, impossible to do in the context of hunting Harrassers.

Where as all a Harrasser has to do if faced with stiff opposition is drive off an look for easier prey - they equation is TOTALLY ONE SIDED.
    • Up x 3
  3. faykid

well, i hope SOE does not think the way you do
    i hope they will come up with ways to make the other two better, or maybe even replace them with completely different concepts
  4. Goretzu

Yeah the Striker in a good postion with no one firing back has the best chance (as it has the best Air area denial), but again that is area denial, unless you can somehow move mountains to chase Harrassers. :D
  5. Goretzu

Sunderers are pretty stable, but they aren't driven like Harrassers, they don't jump like them and they don't have turbo.
    Harrassers stability is much, much, much higher than a Flashes :confused: , comparing the two boarders on the ridculous. o_O
    To flip a Harrasser you've basically got to be driving flat out on terrain you shouldn't be (but you will be because the harrasser IS so stable it rarely flips on such terrain).

Harrassers have speed (with the stability profile to use it - unlike Flashes), low profile, very, very good toughness with composite and moving self-repair given them insane surviability.... added to very good offensive capability.

Keep enjoying it while you can, it won't last, such things never, ever do! :)
  6. Vindicore

Doesn't fix the problem of the shear number of TR Marauder Harasser crews. The Fury is fun and even that is hardly used by the NC and VS compared the legions of TR using the Marauder.
  7. Lagavulin

• Nanoweave and related features, like sniper rifles
    I really hope you're very careful with this one, and not just pandering to a handful of forum whiners who want easy risk free kills. I would bet that a majority of players feel this is a non-issue - even those who do like to snipe (like myself).
    • Up x 2
  8. LordCreepy

Which I never understood to begin with. Only a handfull of VS/NC players on Miller use the fury/halberd harassers and its mostly known outfits and high BR players. Those I see use them to great effect tough.
    I can't say the same of the marauder/vulcan harassers - actually it's like the other way round ; they are plenty and most of them are uneffective deadbeats ( sorry guys)
    • Up x 1
  9. Dinapuff

That is kind of why they are complained about silly creepy. ;p Outfitted harassers mostly play during peak hours, and dont stick around. Whereas the deadbeat marauder harassers or vulcan harassers stay around 24 / 7 because they are pulled by everyone TR and annoy everyone at all times of the day.
  10. LordCreepy

Sounds like mostly free exp for you guys ;)
  11. efil4mocx

There is a special place in hell reserved for you and all who upvoted you.
    Why don't you just play with swords and clubs, since all you're doing is sidestrafing while spraying with your automatic weapon at a target 10m away, people like you hate mid-to-long range battles, stable battle lines and love running and gunning
  12. Bape

Anyone wants to make this thread more interesting and predict how they will adjust all 3 faction max abilities?
    • Up x 1
  13. Bape

Well we can just move to another faction if they don't mention this after optimization I already am getting my vs to replace my NC.
    • Up x 1
  14. Xasapis

You finally saw enlightenment. That's awesome! How's your table manners?
    • Up x 2
  15. Aegie

I would probably be more interested in going TR considering I mainly play LA and TR has far and away the better carbines. Only problem is that thanks to the mergers my TR alt ended up on my NC Main server- I would really prefer to move that character but maybe I will just start another since all I would really miss would be the lvl6 JJ.
  16. Jbrain

Please do not weaken nanoweave... snipers have one of the easiest ways of killing in the game so they might fail to instagib someone every once in a while thanks to nanoweave but a sniper from a mille away hits me down to almost 0 and i run away... most of the time though i am dead on the spot and there are usually multiple snipers and if you make it even harder on team players who hate snipers then all this game is going to be left with.. so i am begging you dont nerf the nanoweave else were just ducks in a barrel for snipers.. and its so easy to snipe as it is... i never snipe cause i feel its for either people with large ego who think they are special or for people who want to play ez mode. but its for sure one of the things that ruins team play and not to mention pulling off nice flanking manuevers.. i wish i had made a montage on how many times i have tried to be smart and flank only to be sniped into oblivion.. So once again i repeat do not nerf nanoweave.. i will cancel and uninstall because its already extremely hard to deal with the 2000 snipers per game as it is.
    • Up x 1
  17. Bape

lol it was actually just a "Bluff joke" I rather stick with NC even during the hard times lol. I am already using my NC again(even though I told my self not to use it until I see some changes in our ES stuff) I like being the underdog.

Oh for the record I have very very bad table manners :D.
    • Up x 1
  18. Kaon1311

My team mate and I do better in a Prowler, but the Harasser is more fun and gives you a lot more freedom.
    In a tank you are waiting to get C4'd, suicide mined, drop podded, AV mana turret from miles away, lancers that dont register, pheonix that you cant even fire back at the user, lockons, sitting at max range Lib, ESFs shooting from an unhittable angle, there are more, but you hopefully get the point. In a harasser at least you have the chance to get away :p

But lets not buff tanks and upset the infantry crowd, lets just nerf something else.

Sort infantry AV out? Nope, that would upset the infantry crowd. Vehicles have been asking for non rendering infantry to be sorted for months, AV mana turret has been OP from day 1, have they even been addressed? nope.

No matter, will adapt etc...

After the nerf there will be less AV harassrs and more AI harassers running around, then in a few weeks time that will get nerfed too because infantry will be farmed MORE.
  19. Kociboss

Words of wisdom.

• Up x 1
  20. Dinapuff

Well. Sure, but it kinda changed the whole MBT warfare and combined arms effort that there was a buggy with the hitpoints of a tank, absurd mobility, and great gunner weapons like the halberd. Instead of saying free experience. I would rather say we sort of casually decided to use the vehicle as part of our combined arms play.

I think it is too good of a tool for disrupting the flow of a battle. Considering its apparent immunity against air aside from the most persistent of esf / lib pilots, the immunity towards pure infantry when you cert composite armor, and the great mobility / durability when facing tanks.

The harasser has kind of substituted squad deploy to ruin some sunderers day, and it is really easy to kill infantry or force them into buildings with nothing in your squad aside from harassers. It has kind of made alpha striking a target with air more redundant or at least provided ground with an alternative to air which is good in my opinion as there was definitively necessary to have ground based methods that allowed you to bypass or overcome air control.

Or at least that is what I think. It just needs more stable counters as currently dumbfire rockets have too low velocity to reliable hit it, the ground based lock on doesn't hit it at all when on the move, and raven / falcon max having slow velocity on their missiles makes it easy for a harasser driver to get away with their vehicle intact and the sunderer destroyed.

One way to make it easier for infantry would be to reduce the top speed of a stock harasser to 50-60 kph. Currently no vehicle can give a harasser chase aside from an ESF or Lib, and even those have a hard time to follow it for more than a minute's time due to other factors on the ground.

Remove the composite armour, as it is too much of a nobrainer cert atm.

And even if you did both of these suggestions it would still be used.
    • Up x 2