I think I figured out why Vanu dominate Alerts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Halcyon, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Hands Down

So, following your logic, if somebody disagrees with you it is because he/she hates you. That is some fine reasoning.
  2. Hands Down

I merely pointed giant holes in your arguments. What I said is obvious, and argument in itself. If you want to make relevant comparison of two items, compare them on equal grounds by exposing both items to a same scrutiny. By comparing weaknesses of apple A with strengths of apple B you are not giving us anything worth of discussing.

My post did not take your post or sentence out of context, period. For the second time, I will quote where you told us clearly that you are not here for reasoning - you already took stance and no reasoning is to change your opinion:

and you followed by:
    As you can see, your second sentence did not change the context of the first one. It only added more exaggeration to already exaggerated post.
    • Up x 1
  3. AdmiralArcher

ok, i agree that VS is much simpler than TR or NC, but enough with the ezmode stuff, its not all easy, for starters, the default rocket launcher for the VS arcs like a mofo i have literally aimed 2-3 inches above my target to hit it due to the drop, and its slower i believe, the swagrider is much harder to hit but it again has the enhanced bullet drop that the SL1 has, its eaiser but not ezmode, this isnt call of duty where any five year old can one shot a uber high ranking person with no problem
  4. JudgeDeath

5. Crackulous

It's interesting that you mention the Vortex and Lancer as reasons to support your argument. I can see why you included the MAX and LMGs, but aside from that your points are moot.
    • Up x 1
  6. MaCritz

ALRIGHT THEN, LET'S FLAME!!!

[IMG]

[IMG][IMG]
  7. Jeslis

Please see blue text above.

edit; My lancer argument goes to the Vortex section; sorry I read it as Comets the first go around in the max section.
    .. Oh jesus I just realized I replied to a Halycon post.. shoot me now.
  8. Chipay

I'm sorry but i stopped reading after this.
    ZOE takes 12 shots to kill infantry, Fracture takes 3, I'm surprised you can shoot people beyond spotting range since ZOE has no zoom and there's 3 seconds between the first 6 shots and the next 6 shots (you want to charge up at that range to get the highest velocity). If someone beyond spotting range is just going to stand there for 3 seconds then he deserves to die to this horrible AI weapon.

And the universe DOES explode with ZOE+Vortex against infantry, because ZOE Vortex deals 0% extra damage against infantry.
  9. treeHamster

OP, if you are getting killed by a Lancer while you are in a Mossie, you have parked it on the ground, flight deck, or building top, and are taking a nap.
  10. Bape

I highly doubt this ever happen there is no way in hell a NC max crash can overthrow a vs max crash unless it was in a tower. Also a VS max can drop you before you can even get out of there in close range it been proven. As a NC max I hate going up against a ZOE max any smart *** will just back away from a nc max and make him your *****.
  11. Xasapis

I'm glad you liked the Vanu OP. Perhaps you found your true calling and enlightenment. Now, here is my point of view from a long term Vanu player in a server where Vanu are traditionally heavily underpopulated:

Lets start with the Vortex. It is by no means a bad weapon, however it does have certain limitations that contribute to making it the lowest performer compared to all AV weapons of all empires.
    • You can not realistically kill infantry with it. This creates two issues, one of performance (the two highest performers are very good infantry killers) and another of survivability (absolutely any enemy in the vicinity can kill you). Basically you can't pull Vortexes if you have even a mild presence of enemies in your vicinity. I can understand how playing in a heavily VS populated server makes that less of a problem.
    • It is more expensive and inferior to similar choices. The lancer is a weapon with half the cost, more damage, no CoF and more velocity when charged. And obviously, you don't need a special resource heavy platform to carry the Lancer. The only advantage (and it is a big one) is the amount of ammo the MAX can carry compared to a heavy.
    In most scenarios you are better served with dual Comets, with only exception the hunting of Harassers.

No comment on the AI weapons, they are practically identical. Placebo perhaps?

For the heavy, I'd call it Placebo again.

Now, lets move to Striker. Striker has changed the vehicle game for both VS and NC for a very long period of time, resulting in easy air dominance of TR air and uncontested ground dominance of TR ground vehicles. This happened both due to the popularity of the weapon and it's glitchy nature (bypassing flares, bypassing terrain obstacles etc.).

At this point I'll stop and correct a misconception that you have regarding positional damage. It doesn't matter where you hit the target, all it matters is your position in relation to the target at the time of the impact. If you are in front of the target and you hit the roof, it counts as front damage, not top damage. If you are the sides and you hit the rear, it counts as side damage, not rear.

Lancer, in contrast to the Striker, is not an easy weapon. You are not limited, as you say, by a number of factors that limit the use of the Striker, but you are limited by your own limitations. Again, it is no surprise that a harder to use weapon as the Lancer produces worse results compared to an easier to use Striker and led the developers to multiple buffs to even the playfield somewhat. So where does the Lancer shine:
    • Very good against slowly moving ground vehicles. Good counter to anchored prowlers.
    • You can hit fast moving vehicles like the Harasser, but the damage is weak.
    • Decent against Liberators, especially hovering ones. You can potentially make them disengage.
    • Bad against ESF. Besides hovering ones, you can only rely on lucky shots to do the weak damage it does.
    Overall it is a good weapon for anti vehicle nests, however due to the weak anti air coverage, you need to bring separate air counters. A good squad based weapon overall, especially if you have a target caller.

Regarding the AP mines. While claymores had multiple issues in the past, today they are by far the best anti-infantry mines in the game.
    • They are practically invisible. You can set them in an out of view corner, which means you'll need to specifically look for them and not merely look in front of you to spot them.
    • They have no spot assistance, like the blinking lights of the other two mines. This, along with the above, make them the best ambush mines in the game.
    • They have a bigger blast radius than the others. They have a bigger blast force than the others.
    The only downside is that you cant frizby them, infiltrator style, as easily as the others. However, for an area suppression tool, they are hands down the best AP mines in the game right now.

Overall the TR have a considerable advantage over the VS in all things vehicle. The counterweight is the VS MAX, which is more fun to play and does better in small scale encounters compared to the TR MAX. Now, if you want to gauge the power of each empire in the eyes of the player base (and not the forum dwellers), you only have to look at the worldwide population and the trends in the passage of time. VS has been traditionally last or second to last (during game launch) during the whole life of the game.

In any case, the real gauge is the measure of fun. If the tools that your empire provides are fun to use, people are better served sticking with it. If not, it's healthier to switch, than to turn into a bitter veteran roaming the forums complaining on how the developers favor the X empire over theirs.
  12. gigastar

As you correctly assume, its in a tower.

No amount of ZOE is going to get through 5 ScatMAXs sitting at the top of each staircase, each with thier own engineer and plentiful medics running around.

Biolabs are a close second, but only because theyre more receptive to large numbers.
  13. AdmiralArcher

the NC isnt the worst, they actually have very good weapons, remember a few months ago when everyone was raging about the NC being OP? the main reason any of the factions seem OP is because of population, the other is player skill, NC weapons have steep learning curves for certain classes, but its common knowledge that the god saw is one of the best LMGs, besides the orion (i exclude it due to it being an outlier in awesomeness) the gauss saw is the best starter weapon it does 167 dmg like many of the NC guns and has decent and manageble recoil, i have been killed by it many many times, but in the end, it doesnt really matter what gun you have, hell the beamer used to be considered on of the worst guns in the game, now players like Bensam123 (twitch) have auraxium with it, one of the few things that i will agree wholeheartedly on is that many of the abilities such as ZOE, lockdown and ageis, and even the medics ablility need to be culled over once more, the other thing is that while the game might be a mindless arcade shooter, attention to detail is key, such as a more solid backstory, and more accurate ES weapons and ablilites. eventually the devs will balance out certain weapons and abllities, but they also need to polish the game alot, many guns still look the same, hell almost all of the TR LMGs look very similar if not exactly lke each other
  14. RobotNinja

I think you may have overlooked this but I think having nearly 50% server pop every single time there's an alert might work slightly in the VS's favor as well.
  15. Nogrim313

you sir should lay off the drugs, the reason you feel like a god as VS is that TR on connery are utterly terrible (obviously there are exceptions but in general)

i've tried playing my TR characters on connery and its like your surrounded by lemmings, i think i was the only medic in an entire platoon last time i played with TR.

you can ***** all you want about our weapons outperforming you but your oddly silent about your vehicles where the mossi/prowler very cleary out class the other empires, but i guess that would just makes you look like a whiney **** whos angry that not all of their equipment is OP
  16. Cab00se187

You don't choose, you shoot at it depending on the direction it's facing and are wasting precious time and will get sniped if you are waiting for that precious shot.

This I will give you

First off, any faction that uses a lock on has to wait and second why are you firing before they flare?

Again, all factions use lock ons the only difference is the lancer didn't bypass terrain and can't lock on at ridiculous ranges.
  17. Bape

Biggest downfall of the NC max is sustain DPS and a long reload if a VS max crash knew this they would have won by just rushing in with only little loss compared to what NC will suffer.
  18. Morpholine

Reasons VS dominate Connery alerts:
    1. Most VS outfits show up and play to the objectives.
    2. A majority of alerts are global, or are on Esamir or Amerish.
    3. If the alert is not Indar-specific, TR rarely show up in force.
    4. The second we start to be ahead on the objectives, the 4th faction abandons their TR (and to a lesser extent NC) character for their VS alt and our population snowballs.
    5. If it's not prime time, neither NC nor TR show, handing the win to VS virtually uncontested.
    6. NC and TR tend to tunnel-vision on an objective they contest between each other, rather than focusing on VS.
    7. We're just that awesome. ;)
  19. Leer

missed much in the comparison...like ZOE glows and is easy to spot and target day or night. ZOE is a nerf to deference and it's not a minor nerf. TR gets a buff to defense on lock down?

Comparisons are great just don't omit or downplay to try and make a point.
  20. Leer

Connery VS also talk between outfits. Some days are better than others but an effort was made after the TR steamrolled the first half of the WDS. VS also avoids lemming on a target and finds other ways alter the situation.