Darker Night is in trouble

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ash87, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Gammit

YES
    • Up x 3
  2. Zotamedu

They shouldn't even consider darker nights until they fix the camos for all factions.
  3. Boomotang

There's a button for camo changes universally. And switching out a couple attachments on guns is not as much work as you think if you don't have enough loadouts.
    • Up x 1
  4. Iridar51

I wasn't thinking about firefights, just thought that a soldier should have a flashlight.
    In retrospect, firefights is all that happens in PS2, so you're probably right in that regard.
  5. Revanmug

Which is exactly my point. The only goal is to find and kill people. There is nothing else going on. People are imaginating scenario that will never happen in this game.

I'm glad you could see it. Few people does sadly.
  6. Dovahkiin

I want darker nights.

I also want flood lights as an optional weapon replacement for the sunderer and galaxy turrets. Also Cert options to increase range and light intensity (blind enemies etc). There should be an additional cert option that auto spots enemies in range of the light, as this will give XP incentive to people to play this support role.

I think it will be a good idea if increased vehicles light range was a universal cert slot. This will finally make turning on vehicle lights useful.

One last request is to have an advanced flash light for guns that has longer range and a higher light intensity to blind enemies.

I do think though that Esamir's night shouldn't be changed and the idea of there being a lunar cycle seems to be a very good one.
    • Up x 1
  7. Eugenitor

The thing with the Arma 3 solutions is that they rely on in-game settings. No game can tell what you're doing with your monitor...

But there are other ways to deal with brightness and gamma. If things are really dark- as in actually, genuinely unlit, not just a "it's dark" filter put over everything- then adjusting your settings won't help. Oh look, your monitor is now grey instead of black. Oh look, the few non-dark spots are now white.

I should be clear what I mean here: If there are no light sources on it, it cannot be seen. Period, end of story. You should need headlights- perhaps infrared headlights- to see where you're going. (Anyone ever seen Generation Kill, where somebody with a crappy pair of NVGs is trying to drive through the desert?)
    • Up x 1
  8. Nocturnal7x

My sig holds the answers you seek. The true planetside 2 metagame.
  9. Terran537

+1 to dark nights. I may not be able to see the VS at all but at least their plasma looks pretty as it hits me. :)
    • Up x 4
  10. Rak

Darker nights plz. Put that amazing forgelight engine to use.
    • Up x 2
  11. Phyr

Couple of things: 1) This isn't a military sim 2) lumifiber 3) a slew of vary obvious faction colored camos.

Did you know you can also turn flashlights off? :eek:
    • Up x 1
  12. ForeFront0fFear

Hmm that's weird I was expecting to see a patch today for darker nights on live... Maybe tomorrow?
  13. IamDH

:O

Has something been announced?
  14. Revanmug

And? It's not a RL sim either which is what several people keep refering to. It is also the most ironic arguement someone can use since no military in RL use them for anything close to combat situation.

Amusing isn't it?

Not like having them is going to change thing as of right now. Even Beta or PTS weren't dark enough to make such a large difference.

And even if it slightly did, it's not like I'm going to stop people from using it. It's a nice trolling tool after all.

I don't see the point nor do I care about what people use.

And when you turn it on? What happen?

Did you know there are better way to actually see around you without ever having to light anything up?
    Did you also know that even the "Beta night" weren't dark enough to actually require the lol Flashlight or IRNV?

Are people still going to complain that night aren't dark enough when some player still kill them without lol flashlight or even IRNV? Looking at those darkness thread and beta experience of murdering players at night, it does sound like they will.

It's flashlight or **** am I right? Sad.

edit; Seems like Die In A Fire is censored. Sad. So many sad thing.
  15. Edenwolf

-+1 for darker nights

-let us appreciate the beauty of night battles how the art directors had imagened it with the original night. Seeing the faction tracers paint the nightsky is a sight to behold.

-give me a reason to use flashlight, I really want to.

-buff vehicle flashlights, it's far to dim and shallow to see anything.
    • Up x 1
  16. Phyr

Your first post said "no soldier worth his salt would use a flashlight", so you're trying to apply real world logic to this. That's the problem with your argument, real world crap like that doesn't apply here. Not when people were bright red camo while running across a field of green, not when things like lumifiber exist, not when ZOE lights up like a christmas tree, not when tracers are brighter then the sun.

lets also entirely ignore that military and police forces use weapon mounted flashlights to disorient and blind assailants, since we wouldn't want any kind of realism, right?
  17. FocusLight

I *WANT* Darker nights. Day-time is perfectly able to provide the 'standard' experience we have enjoyed until now, where all the bases and all the terrain is lit up and easily visible, the art-team's efforts visible for all to enjoy. I want an alternative to that - I want "night battles" to be different, unique, require different tactics. I want lighting to be an ISSUE during the night because only bases have decent lighting, and the outside is dark, and the dark is unknown.

Give us a reason to use the flash-lights. Give us REAL flare-guns that can illuminate a huge area, who's flares cost resources and when equipping it lose you a utility slot or perhaps even your side-arm. Give us a reason to turn vehicle lights on. Let us equip vehicle-mounted light-flares who also cost resources, that do the same as the hand-version, just better. Make nights tactical - enable surprise attacks using the blackness of night as a cover, where flashlights, mechanical noises from MAX'es, lumifiber and muzzle-flashes and weapon reports give away your position. Give us the sense of dread that the enemy can be hiding anywhere in the terrain outside of your base, make the area between two opposing bases on a front a terror to scare little recruits to bed with, and an awesome scenario where two 'stealth' ops team randomly stumble over each other, to a maelstrom of silenced gun-fire, panic shooting and knifing-sprees.

Give us darker nights, and enrich the gaming experience of all your players.
    • Up x 2
  18. gzero

I just realised something, perhaps some people oppose darker nights because of one of the bugs on the test server?

Currently if you launch the game and it is already set to medium settings, if you put it on high there will be a thick fog of bloom on your screen, vice versa if you go from high to medium settings.

Launched from medium changed to high
    [IMG]
    sort of a bad example but i can assure you it really makes everything mucky (I kinda like it as a fog weather effect though)

Launched from high to medium
    [IMG]
  19. BRG7780

No, people don't like it because it makes the game a pain in the *** to play at night.
  20. BRG7780

LOL. What dream world are you living in? We playing the same game?

SUCH A SENSE OF DREAD
    [IMG]

THE ENEMY COULD BE HIDING ANYWHERE, GUYS!
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2