Harrassers, ZOE, lock ons, meta game, AV turret etc

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Bill Hicks, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Hicks

Address these things or its going to be ZOE maxes and harrassers fighting each other on near dead servers.

You don't have forever. BF4 stuttering, garbage punkbuster, and win 7 problems will only last maybe a month or more.

I appreciate your efforts at optimization. More people is more fun. But alot of you devs are not coders, you can make tweaks.

inb4 " go play bf4 " " forums are only for praising the game" " cookies"
    • Up x 9
  2. ABATTLEDONKEY

I agree with the premise, though I cannot, for the life of me, understand why BF4 would be competition. I dont deny that it will be, but i cannot make the connection.
    • Up x 1
  3. Flashtirade

BF4 is the competition because combined arms. I'm not going to compare how much of it there is or how exactly it balances out in either game, but the fact that people can use vehicles is a big draw. Dog of Duty most certainly isn't a contender in this category, and most other popular games are in a different genre and appeal to other kinds of people.
    • Up x 2
  4. ABATTLEDONKEY

I guess i dont understand it because i view BF3 as the same thing as COD CA wise. I see BF4 as a BF3 re-skin, and i have serious doubts about their vehicle gameplay, then again i could be wrong.

I just dont see BF3 as a CA game at all. Vehicles in that game were an absolute joke IMO.
  5. Archlyte

I have finally given in and just accepted that they meant for the Harrasser to be the ground combat supremacy vehicle in this game. If you are on open ground in anything else, or on foot, you are fodder.
    • Up x 1
  6. Zotamedu

That said before release that they would try to go back to the roots of the battlefield series but based on the few reviews out from the open beta, it's still the same as BF3 but with the ability to destroy certain set pieces on certain maps. Guess we'll know more when the full game is out. Maybe they need a couple of DLC as well.
  7. Pikeman84

I think it's more telling that they somehow found to time to push out cosmetic harasser windshields, rims, chassis, lumifibers, under-glows, hood ornaments, and horns...

But not balance them.
  8. KAHR-Alpha

And don't forget commander mode, something PS2 should not have been released without.
    • Up x 1
  9. Archlyte

See that tells me that they feel the balance is right. The Harasser is a 3 man vehicle with superior damage avoiding ability. The MBT's and light tanks are smaller affairs that die easier. They obviously want to push the harasser over the other vehicles.
  10. Thpthpthp

SoE has given up on balancing the game until optimizations are finished.
  11. Jbrain

what optimizations ? the game runs amazing on my windows 8 and radeon 7970. Hell I can even do ultra with 50 fps but I rather it be on high to keep it vsync capped.
  12. Cinnamon

Stop complaining. Become an elite pilot, harasser or zoe "infantry." Buy all the premium weapons and customisations so everyone you kill knows they were just outskilled by someone more handsome and talented than them.

I wonder what the ESF update is going to look like of if it going to happen. The weapons they first showed on test were hilariously overpowered tools for low skill farming. Yes especially the mass drivers.
  13. Zotamedu

That's because it's completely different people who work with art assets and balance. The art department can't do balance adjustment and the guys who does balance can't do art.
  14. MarlboroMan-E

Add "global lattice, Hossin, Nexus, pop imbalance, ESF update, server transfer tokens" and all the other stuff on the roadmap ...
    • Up x 2
  15. that_darn_lurker

^this, but even with this not in release it should have been the first major system they worked on. PS2 has the potential to be a brilliant RTS game. We should have had a commander mode on steroids by now, and we should have figured out ways to reward our leaders with XP for their time spent coordinating the squads and platoons and meeting objectives.
    • Up x 1
  16. Gavyne

The fact that we get no dev commenting on the weapon balance is troubling. I mean where have the devs gone? They're all hiding it seems. I get that they're working on optimization, but don't tell me devs responsible for class/weapon power tuning is working on optimization. The whole team isn't working on optimizing the game.

The thing is we know these things will get nerfed/tweaked sooner or later, but only when they have the next big thing ready for us all to buy. That seems to be how it is in this game anymore. I'm almost afraid to ask them to nerf ZOE Max or vulcan harrassers just because I'm afraid to see what the next op'ed ridiculous things they're gonna put in this game.

I'm still not convinced optimization has much to do with pleasing PC crowd as much as getting the game ready for Playstation 4 launch.
  17. non7top

Is it only me who realizes that there has been almost no work done on PS2 after the infamous announcement of the firing of SOE stuff. The only new thing in the game since August which is not cosmetics is a broken main map colors. For the time being this game only lives on the 'give us more money' and with each week we loose more active playes in out outfit since game is kind of boring without new staff and unbalanced factions.
  18. Gavyne

+1, there are many good large maps with good combined arms play. Had a great time last night playing on a map with 6 tanks rolling around, helicopters making drops, jets dog fighting, and people actually having a chance at battling. The mere fact that I don't have to deal with ZOE Max's and vulcan harrassers in BF4 has me sold.

With non-existent meta game, no continent locks, no endgame, no reason to really push back & forth, what good is combined arms play in this game?
  19. Gavyne

When did the layoffs occur? I must have missed it.
  20. Flapatax

I hear lots of "Balance!" but very little understanding of what that entails. You don't just modify values in a spreadsheet. Fun is intangible, and removing something from ZOE (which is necessary, you can't just lower the damage modifiers or speed boost, something has to get removed entirely) or the harasser requires lots of thoughts and borderline prognostication on how the changes will effect "fun".

Then there's the fact that you don't make a cosmetic-selling-machine like the harasser weaker without considering the consequences financially. I know everyone here likes to hate on SOE for trying to make money, but that's kinda why this all exists.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.