Which are the best Outfits?

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Incendio, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Notiz

you eman long-time well playing outfit don't get the honour they deserve? mybe it's also nice to push the monthly-well-playing outfits a bit. or u talkin about tactics that are over-used?

lately seams like NC is realy realy stepping up as tough underdog. so shouts to the organized outfits on NC side that putting up a fight in alerts and prime-time to late-night.

and thats for the mention bvenged, when NC continues being very good we will probably fight more against each other instead of TR.
  2. BaptistsK90

The TR & VS have a lot of really good Outfits, so much so that it wouldn’t feel right to single one or two out for praise, another reason being that I don’t play TR or VS at all, I don’t even log into alt’s to nab a quick bonus, so I’m not qualified in any statement I make on another factions Outfit.

I’m NC to my core, so in saying that I shall like to tell you all about what I do know, my fellow NC Miller Outfits.

WASP – A combined arms outfit which has gathered a lot of respect within the NC community, easily a top contender for the best NC outfit miller has, using Air, Armour and Infantry together symbiotically, almost like a Hive mind, the strong leadership both in their platoon leaders and Squad leaders is what has brought this Outfit to the tippy top.

JNJ – I rarely see this Outfit mentioned on the forums, but I can say with confidence that without JNJ the NCTO wouldn’t exist, they’re the driving force that brought a lot of the NC Outfits together, A German speaking Outfit, they’re highly organised and If I hear or see JNJ coming to my support, it’s almost like a magic cloak of protection, they’ve never failed to impress me.

MCY – A small Outfit which will punch way above its weight, highly organised in a chaotic way, most of the members in this Outfit have been together for ten years and this allows them to know what the Squad is doing without being told, simply put they can finish each other’s sentences.
    If you want to kill MCY bring a Platoon, even then you’re not guaranteed success, MLG baby.

DL- Another very influential Outfit, both on the forums and within the NC Miller, they’re not afraid to get their hands dirty on Command chat, and by god they know how to play the game, they’re easily the most friendly Outfit we have on NC Miller and will work alongside any Outfit who asks, this has let them pick up playing styles and tactics from a lot of different sources, whilst at the same time making them their own.

LSD – I’d pit LSD against any TR or VS Outfit and I’d bet on my French buddies, they have the numbers and they’re organised in how they use these numbers, personally I’ve learned a lot from this Outfit, A French speaking Outfit, they go the extra mile to keep up communication with other Outfits, and often when I ask for aid they’re the most likely to answer.

252v – This Outfit is often the workhorse of Miller NC they’re always on the front lines of Alerts or throwing themselves against the odds is it any wonder their enemy affords this Outfit so much respect, simply put 252v is Miller NC’s shock troopers.

FWO – The Marmite of Miller NC, myself I absolutely love this Outfit, they’re quite a young Outfit but without FWO NC would have very few if any English speaking open public squads, they currently have the numbers, and as Stalin once said quantity has a quality all of it’s own.
    • Up x 1
  3. Dotz0r

I miss the days when it was pretty much a handful of outfits per faction, now miller is a sea of 1 man clans and spam invite outfits. Especially on TR these days. The days of Rivalry and a more competitive atmosphere seem long gone - the whole "Miller server, best server" "millertime" and all that old hoo-haaa about miller seems misplaced now. Rarely do i say "oh look it so and so outfit - this is going to be swweeet" like i used to do when i saw multiple CONZ or 252 galaxies heading my way - now its more like "well there is a crap ton of NC who just seem to be stumbling their way towards us, better get the harrasser out" or "who was that outfit'?, was it even an outfit?". Then again, on TR-Side - gone are the days of "So and So outfit will resecure" now its "nevermind, someone already has, we don't know what outfit - just the public" - The days of when an outfit could lay-claim to glory / credit for re-secures or great feats. Unless you are Robinjojwhateverhisname is who /orders entire of TR to a resecure then claims his outfit did all the work and says TR reinforcements was not needed after having begged for them on command chat. Nowadays its a competition to get to the enemy, normally by fighting through your own faction to get a fight before either the rest of the TR who had the same idea show up, or the migrating XP herd does. With the overpop issues i suppose its been hard for NC / VS to really see TR outfits as "outfits" and not the faction in general.

If TR could go back to being how it used to be like, that would be great. The days when TR was 90% TRAM aligned outfits and everybody knew each outfit. On most nights, i could log in - see certain names and tags and think "This is going to be a fun night" outfits working together, a real good atmosphere - now i look at the squad listings and think "Who are half of these outfits, do they even lift?". Basically it seems TR has lost its identity (well, at least i do somewhat - then again, i like to go down memory lane and remember better times.

) Certain high-end / old outfits seem to be relics now compared to how they used to be. Rarely see the delights of outfits with the more well-known TR tags such as GOON / FU / DEIM / BMC etc etc- where are you all? sleeping? or am i looking in the wrong place? or have all these old well known tags been drowned in the sea of 1 man clans and other outfits? because all i see nowadays is AZON and SCEV! - If i do see outfits they seem to be rolling smaller squads. The epicness of seeing multiple-TR outfit galaxies all heading towards different bases to accomplish a certain goal with each outfits Air wings flying around, y'know - real starship trooper **** with galaxy dropships deploying men over a massive area is something i miss dearly, a more immersive experience. These days its which outfit can get the most harrassers to the enemy spawns before the enemy re-deploys. Either that or duck-shoot outside a spawnroom. Having to literally Race/Fight through your own faction to find a decent fight is annoying - once found it will be quickly spoiled by another outfit - or the random TR which just appears when the point is about to be capped. We have all done it, looking for a fight - gone and party-pooped someones fight - to get a fight for it to be the most anti-climax ever.

Appears that Vanu has had a rise in outfits, but their population still seems the same - NC outfits don't seem to be as "full" as they used to be, miss the sight of multiple same-outfit NC galaxies full to the brim with enemies. We are lucky if a galaxy comes at all these days, even then there is an 80% chance its a 1/12. Or has the NC evolved into a faction of re-deployers because the strikers forced them out of the skies?. Either that or you have teleportation devices - quite common now for it to be...."suddenly NC" - coming out the woodwork and general from out of nowhere quite rapidly.

Looking back on this post, having gone from a paragraph to a novel of wall of text and typing as i think and going nowhere with the above, i realize that i really do miss the days of beta - Hell, even the old cont locking mechanics when outfits fought for more -pride if anything like the under dog VS holding indar, the TR for finally taking indar and NC for...well....taking part - that's what counts right? :D - the old PS1 style rivalry's - i may be a bit sentimental - but surely the PS1 core "werner" of miller are a dieing breed now? Especially outfit-wise. A sturdy foundation, with BF and CoD kids seeping through the cracks.

Enjoy the read, i typed too much to not post it.

:rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  4. MajorZbug

Pretty much spot on. You're just radiating with nostalgia here. I have most of this nostalgia on tape and I look at the videos once in a while, cause they're from a time when we really enjoyed this game and that's good to see.

I've yet to pinpoint what went wrong, likely a combination of factors, but i'd say the lack of meaningful objectives, the lack of new content, the decay of hostile outfits who usually brought the goodfight, and the likewise decay of friendly outfits who used to be active on comms has made playing this game feel more like a chore than a real pleasure. As a result, and to answer your question, we're mostly on other games until eventually PS2 gets better.
    • Up x 2
  5. Dotz0r

I still believe PS2 WILL get better - in time, its just that the "scene" will be different - and that is what somewhat scares me - it makes me wonder if the future will be better or worse with the current TR-scene. Then again, the TR of the past is not the TR of today, so that alone suggests that the TR of the present will not be the same TR as the future. Will the old times come back? or should i prepare for a ghost server surrounded by randoms? It seems to me, whether the game improves or not - the current state of TR does not seem to be able to give that type of game experience most loyal TR have experienced in the past - so i really hope the game improves quickly so i can go back to knowing the TR is moving as a faction rather than a mob before everyone /quits and the stories of "The battle for the indar lock" "Alarm clock op" "Spec Ops hold" "The Crown battle" and all those other MASSIVE and hard-fought battles become myths of legend.

Think i need to invest in a walking stick so i can cut around miller saying "Back in my day, we spawned on galaxies! - not these fancy Sundy AMS's like the kids of today!" and generally wave my walking stick at the l33t CoD kids.

Will miller server.....be best server....again?

Stay tuned.
    • Up x 2
  6. Notiz

you should write a novel.

I am not a player of alfa nor PS1 but I realy got a Idea of what you talking about and I hope your and our and NC randoms will join outfits, pops will even out and with new content and worldwide-lattice and with that more strategic meanings - maybe veterans will coem back (a serious problem for PS1 outfits I see that on VS side but is probably also on other factions). than great times can appear again,
    even though I have seen realy great fights for alers an non-alerts depending on the time one plays this game (prime-tiem or not).
  7. Dotz0r

50 shades of Terran.

By Dotz0r.

"The nanites seeped through dotzors armor like a fountain of love juice, trickling down his mercy like a leaky fosset. He pumped his long hard fracture into the ZOE, fireing faster and faster until its **** was like a wizards sleeve. The ZOE moaned as nanites exploded from his spandex clad undergarments all the meanwhile waiting for papa vanu to come and caress his *** back to health."

All i see is $$$.
    • Up x 1
  8. SebDollar

Oh man, that post had me reminiscing of the old days of NCTO and TRAM. All of the epic fights. The fight for Camp Connery comes to mind. The lag fest that was Spec Ops. Some epic last stands where Scarred Mesa Skydock was the only territory left to be capped for neutralizing the Continent cap.

When a faction capped Indar (often at 3 AM) you knew that the next day would hold some of the most intense fights where the other two factions would do all they could to neutralize it. And during the night, the night shift had epic fights trying to defend their precious cont cap.

TRAM drops was an awe-inspiring sight to behold. And just one Outfit from NC and TR could bring entire armadas of MBTs. Before some of our NCTO ops, the warpgate wasen't big enough to have all of our full Galaxies on the ground.

And as a short side note, i dont really think that NCTO from back in the days get the recognition it deserves. Many of the early operations exceeded 400+ players.
  9. Mordus

From being a useless topic this just turned into solid gold. I think we all have a frustration about the current situation on Miller and PS2 in general. I did some studies earlier on the NC side to see how the faction and outfit dynamics are compared to TR.
    During that time TR was still quite strong but NC had a server recommendation and was swarmed by new low BR players. I wanted to test out some ideas and ended up creating an outfit. In 2 weeks I had 150+ members and I was only playing during the weekend. The outfit was The Heavy Metal Marines. I was even briefly part of NCTO (with their full knowledge that I am leading FU) which I am greatful for and hope I can repay some day.

I learned a lot about the problems that pretty much every "old" outfit suffers from and how to possibly change the situation back to something more positive. Old outfits, simply put, consists to a majority of veteran players who have seen most of what the game has to offer to date. You dont see the veteran players logging on for casual gameplay because that it not interesting to them anymore. Veteran players usually log on for events. Anything from large scale TRAM OPs to tactical 12vs12 scrims. Old outfits have to adapt to become event based outfits in order to keep the veteran players interested. Outfits such as INI which is mainly focused on just that will not be as negatively effected by the stagnation of the game content.
    Another problem that adds on to this "veteran-effect" is that when an old outfit recruits new players the new players want the casual everyday gameplay. They see an old outfit with 2-300 members but only a few online at a given night they will be less likely to stick around because they want that full platoon to play with. They dont yet value the events the same way as veterans do.
    New outfits like SCEV and outfits with constant recruitment like AZON can cater to this need that the new players have. They largely consist of new players who still like the casual everyday gameplay and there is enough low BRs in those outfits to keep it active and expanding. Eventually they too will reach a veteran phase when their leaders and long term members are getting bored with the everyday content, they stop leading regularly, the new members will be disappointed not to have a platoon to join every night, activity drops, people leave and you are in a difficult situation to recover from unless you know what the problem is and what must be done.

Seems like I am writing a novel as well. Infact I am. I promised to write a report on my studies on the NC side but I expanded it to become a more indepth analysis of the miller community. To share insight on how outfits behave in general, the problems you will face and what to do when you have to deal with them. I am also analysing TRAM and NCTO to the best of my knowledge to understand what happened and how a better cooperation can be achieved, not just faction based but the whole miller server. If one faction suffers, we all suffer.

I have about 70 topics related to this that I am plowing through but RL has kept me very busy as of late so it is going to take some time for me to finish the document. Not sounding like a know-it-all-smug is going to require a whole lot of editing :D
    I will make it available to all for discussion once it is ready.

We need to start working now and not bury ourselves in nostalgia because that will not help. I am absolutely sure that we will see the "good old days" again but it will require us to think and work in the right way. If they release Hossin or something similar that will boost activity a lot but it is only a temporary sollution. The key to long time stability and prosperity for the miller community lies with the leaders (and outstanding members) of the outfits.

I am doing what I can for FU and for Miller. I will help anyone, any faction, any outfit, any alliance that wants to discuss ideas, problems, events and anything else. Just drop me a message.
    • Up x 5
  10. Justicia

I think all of the posters here share the same feelings. I know I care about my outfit, Miller VS and Miller in general. I put a ton of effort into shaping and managing DIGT and I want to see the outfit and Miller grow the better for it. Whether you are in a leading role in an outfit or not, having a positive outlook on the game and its progress is a must to not burn out. What those in leading roles can do is help their outfit members and have fun in the game. But not only them. Through open/public platoons or alliances/cooperations they can also create fun for their allies. Even further, through organisation everyone is also in the position to create fun for their enemies. Every outfit has their own vision on the game and their structure, but we need to keep in mind that Miller is composed of all the outfits together (and of course the randoms), and it is important that those outfits share a mutual understanding of these issues.
  11. Emitz Devil

If I'm honest, this post just needs to die, there are no best outfits everyone has their flaws everyone has their advantages, but still no matter what outfit, no matter what player, size matters who ever has more people wins in the majority of cases, only in the off chance is this incorrect, but still throw enough numbers at it and it will break.

EDIT = I can't English
  12. Mordus

emitz, read the last few posts. The discussion is no longer about the best outfits. It has side tracked on something much more important.
  13. Emitz Devil

I did it on purpose because the post has gone off topic :)
  14. PeaSum

I don't have flaws!
  15. Bvenged

Perhaps a mod could take the last page or 2 and form a new thread?

Anyway Baptist, you can't leave your own outfit out of the table! CONZ are the solid english-speaking infantry outfit we need!
  16. MajorZbug

Please don't ask for the mods, they will close this, like all the other interesting topics that were not about outfit recruitment stricto sensu.

Great post Mordus, pretty much spot on, you've understood the evolution of our own outfit into an event oriented mode better than I did.
  17. Ulysees

To be honest I think part of the issue in the game is we formed these alliances when they were not really needed so something that started with massive enthusiasm has quickly been diluted by the current pointlessness of the game overall and the steady dumbing down of the game as it has progressed.

I am certain that no one enjoyed the final territory lag fests that were the primetime battles to remove a factions hold on Indar but even so they were some of my most epic moments in this game as we fought hard with mutliple outfits fielding large forces co-ordinating together to get the faction down to that last territory and they all happened 6+ months ago, since then continent bonus's being so easy to remove/obtain have made them irrelevant and no longer a matter of faction pride or even giving a major sense of acheivement when you do cap a continent any more.

The general game has not evolved for the better either yet. Since I did not play planetside 1 I don't know what a factor continental lattice will have in terms of giving empires a point to playing the game but I do think that given the current population issues removing some of the choice of where the population can fight will not be a bad thing if it means that your faction is limited to one world at a time the current crazy system of continental alerts that are mostly decided by the defection of the 4th faction will become a distant memory and allow for factions to have an actual in game objective, we have to cap our continent in order to move the battle onto the next continent and this will in some ways address the population imbalance since the over populated faction should then find itself fighting a proper 2 front war as it moves off it's home continent to contest other planets.

The fact that large portions of the player base will not leave Indar under any circumstances due to the lack of population balance should say volumes to SOE about it's planetside 2 players mentality. They don't want hard fought underdog battles where superior teamwork, tactics and co-ordination overcome the enemies advantage in numbers because for the most part the servers outfits are of a largely similiar standard in terms of quality therefore the underdog doesn't find that it wins these battles because numbers trumps skill in this game so the playerbase fights on the continent that it is most likely to not find itself playing the under dog role.

This games potential is nearly unlimited and there is nothing like it in the market which gives SOE a massive opportunity to cash in if they can start making some better decisions about where they need to prioritise their efforts. The performance patch is a possible game changer but I don't know about other people's experiences but mine has not been people leaving the game because their PC's run like a pile of crap. My experience is people leave the game because there is no overall point to the battles we fight and they are tired of the uphill battle they have to fight night after night against the uneven populations.

Despite what various threads on the boards decry about the NC being UP I do not believe this to be the case. I do think the NC is the faction that has to make the most use of NS options in order to fight on an even footing but as long as we have those options we are fine but if people keep on with the theme of NC UP it will be a long time before we get population growth within our faction because people won't even give the NC a try when they do a little reading up of the game because no one wants to start the game at a disadvantage, even if that disadvantage is only perceived rather than an actual factuality.

Outfits need some loving too. We have to be seen as the go to method for playing this game and this needs to be done in game in some manner. Outfit banners on capped bases so people can see who the outfits are who are making a difference on the battlefield sounds like an awsome idea to me. Anything that promotes people joining the outfits that do promote tactical play and go looking for the good fights over the invite all and any player hoovers that spring up from time to time would be a massive step forward in my eyes.

This is without doubt my favourite game experience to date, even with the current flaws I just hope that the game does reach it's potential and SOE start addressing the things that will really draw players back to the game, giving the game a meaningful objective. When that happens I am sure the old days will return, along with a lot of the player base that left for pastures new because this is Planetside and it is AWSOME (or could be!)
    • Up x 3
  18. ValorousBob

WUT. First of all, TVA started in PS1 on Werner. Second, VS being underpopped since the beginning meant we *always* needed TVA if we didn't want to get **** on.
  19. Pella

Look at TVA now. Tactically 100% better than TR/NC.
  20. Ulysees

It's hard for me to articulate why I think the alliances were a bad idea because it's just a feeling I get and is perhaps hypocritical of me since I was and still am a big supporter of the NCTO and have worked hard to try and forge the NC alliance into something workable. I just don't think the game has large enough objectives yet to motivate factions to compete and unless your alliance is big enough to go it alone it can often be more a source of frustration than inspiration.

Alert activity would be a prime example of this. As a faction we get uneven levels of participation on any particular day, but when most of the NCTO is rolling together NC do well in alerts (something we don't seem to get much credit for) however too often outfits are doing their own thing so those trying to play the alert get frustrated at the lack of support from within their own faction and this is because the faction goal is not something that provides enough motivation for outfits.public players to prioritise taking part in rather than doing their own thing.

I think the game needs an objective that a whole faction can get behind and prioritise during their play times and I understand that continental lattice may not be the solution with the current population fluctuations but I just think there needs to be something in the game that makes banding together and working towards an overall faction goal a better way of playing than the current gameplay we have. I don't have a solution to offer as to what that could be since I only think continental lattice would work at the moment if they revert continent control to requiring 100% territory control and the only time continents could be locked is during a primetime window say from 4pm until midnight which of course brings it's own issues of making the other 16 hours in a days gameplay pointless.
    • Up x 1