Harasser is breaking the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Karion, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Karion

Hacker calling reminds me of a conspiracy theorist or some other crazy nut. "Da guberment can read our thoughts... off facebook!"
    This is a balancing issue, not an issue that you blame for other players skill. I one shot ESF's. Makes me :D
  2. Selerox

I think I'd have been clearer if I'd prefixed those statements with "In their current form...".

My issue isn't the fact that those things are in the game. Like you said, we do need variety, we do need depth. My issue is with the way those things were implemented and the way the were tested (or not).

They need to be looked at and altered to make them more suitable. The problem is that this isn't happening.

My issue isn't the inclusion of new content. My issue is the way that new content is developed and introduced.
  3. HAYMAKER

Just out of interest sake, you say you play infiltrator the way it's supposed to be played. As a sniper. Are you saying that sitting on a hill sniping into a base is the role of an infiltrator?
  4. Hands Down

I like your way of thinking, but I wonder how many problems would that really solve - not to mention that 270 degrees is quite wide range. Weapons like Halberd would still allow them to (devastatingly) snipe from far, they would still have more armour than it is sensible for a vehicle of its size and speed (comparing to other vehicles in game and considering current vehicle mechanics), and they would still have the speed of gods.

Strengths of current Harasser are:
    - it is vehicle that has devastating weapons, versus infantry and/or armour
    - it has solid armour value which alongside its speed allows Harasser to wade into fray and get out without fear
    - it is super fast for counters and/or pursuits
    - like all of the above was not too much already, it can be repaired without stopping (removing just this will not solve the problem)
  5. DashRendar

Didn't read the thread, but I have to interject that since the Harasser has been introduced I've seen zergs broken up far more frequently. Previously if someone had a numbers/armor advantage, they take it all the way across the map uncontested. I haven't seen that so much now that everyone is using their dad's harasser while he's at work.
    • Up x 1
  6. axiom537

You and me both brother...I've been calling for Flak to be a hard counter to harasser for a while now. Give another role to the skyguard and it would allow infantry to easily counter AI harasser by pulling their burster maxes. Then allow composite armor to reduce the flak & small arms damage, but at the cost of speed.
    • Up x 1
  7. Dead soldier

Saron/enforcer fine, VULCAN/MARUADER NURF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Karion

lol nah, that too is pretty ridiculous.
  9. Karion

This was supposed to be about balance.
    I still say:
    -Higher armour = Lower speed
    -Higher speed = Lower armour
    • Up x 1
  10. ABATTLEDONKEY

Ahh. misunderstanding. In that event, I think we agree completely.
    • Up x 1
  11. Dead soldier

better than the vulcan by 10x, maybe a small RoF nerf to saron
  12. Kunavi

The rumble seat should only take MAX, it also shouldn't have Faction Specific weapons. Even the Halberd, Fury or BullDog are a bit OTT for this thing. Yet again, one more thing that doesn't know what it is and how to do what it's supposed to do. So I may be wrong and it may have been intended as MBT V2, NS MBT, or Lightning 2.
  13. WTSherman

Harassers are still pretty ridiculous if you ask me, especially since all they have to do to dodge any lockon but the Striker is press Shift.

Though I did manage to kill the only one I've encountered while driving a Vanguard so far (I usually encounter them while playing Infantry) it was only due to abject stupidity on the part of the driver.

Rolled up to me with a Marauder, I hit him in the front with the main gun, tried to get behind me, I shot his engineer out of the back. He decides to go for it (with a Marauder, of all things) instead of retreating. I can't turn fast enough to get my front armor to him, but I do manage to keep him in my side arc. I think it was... three or four shots later (I had HEAT equipped) the gunner and driver (an HA and another engie) bail out and the Harasser explodes. I had lost about a third of my health and didn't even pop my shield.

I backed up to put them in my front arc, nailed the engie, HA popped shield and tried to Striker me (nice try, you're not *that* OP), killed the HA with a direct hit, and that was that. Had about half my health left after the Striker.

Though that story doesn't show much other than the Marauder isn't exactly a stellar anti-tank weapon. If they had a Vulcan I probably would have been royally screwed.
  14. McToast

Moin
    Check my stats. I am not only a harasser driver, I'm also a vanguard driver/gunner & reaver/liberator pilot who kills harassers all day long. The harasser is fine, so are MBTs, the lightning and flash could use a buff.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast