Mattherson Alerts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xymm, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Neera

Probably the funniest post in this whole thread. There's like one SOE employee who "wears VS colors" and he is the art designer.
    If you honestly think any of those people have serious bias towards a faction you are insane. Their employment and livelihood depends on this game being successful.

I also think the fourth faction thing is blown out of proportion. It doesn't really make sense that people who are invested in one character would just hop over to some alt they only play for alerts to rack up a trivial amount of certs they could have earned in a Bio Lab farm in 10 minutes. What's more than likely happening is that people in the losing factions are logging off during alerts when it is clear they won't win, and people in the winning faction are telling their friends to log on. Alerts are the real cancer here and hopefully they will be gone after Hossin and the new continent lattice system.
    • Up x 1
  2. footjam

What exactly makes the VS op? Is it the no - bullet drop? The high ROF? Please tell me its ZOE. Its our turrent stablization on our floating tank? Or that our maxes can fly? Such non-sense, ask anyone that actually plays all 3 factions for any length of time, there is no OP faction, just different play styles.
    • Up x 1
  3. Booogooo

No I tried to take some screencaps of the pop but apparently they didnt save still only have old pictures from jan in that folder. It started out lopsided in the VS favor but it was kinda acceptable. TR had 19% pop that entire time and I am sure almost all of it was the platoon I was in which was an AOD platoon with some 903rd in it. It started out with 40%+ for Vanu 35%+ for NC and 19% for TR. Then about 30 minutes in the rest of the VS got there and it went up to about 49% and then near the end the 4th factioners switched and got that extra 6%. The 4th factioners werent even that big of an impact in this alert. VS outnumber the other two pops on matherson even without the 4th factioners.
  4. ipodnino

DaPP is just has too many members that why we dominate alerts, with over 700 members, theres always a ton to participate in Alerts, hence the two platoons
  5. TheIllusionKing

lol are you calling DaPP OP? We may control the Cookie Economy, but if you haven't noticed, we get stuck with the dirty work while Command tries desperately for 1:30 to get their heads out of their collective ***.
  6. TheIllusionKing

For the love of God almighty, thank you. You are the one of VERY few people I have seen that actually understand what the differences between the factions are supposed to be. People need to understand this, and quit their whining about whatever they get killed by, and learn to fight it using their own advantages.
  7. CptFirelord

I've played all three quite a bit, I enjoy TR the most (mainly for the challenge of trying to kick the VS out of Mattherson). There are different things from each faction that shine as being better then faction equivalents to the point of being overpowered. I'll give one example from each faction (although there are two or three from each).

TR:
    Vulcan-H. You see, the HArasser is a close-ranged combat vehicle. Coupled with an AV weapon that works well ONLY at close range, it makes this a monster at getting the drop on tanks, and then proceeding to demolish said tanks.

NC:
    Vanguard Shield. No downside for a doubled health pool for 8 seconds with a decent recharge rate. This shield doesn't hinder movement, reload speed, turret traverse, anything. It's the best option for the tanks imo.

VS:
    ZOE. Don't try to defend it, we're all well aware that the ZOE module is outperforming Lockdown MAXes as well as Shield MAXes. It's not necessarily the damage bonus (1 bullet off the TTK for blueshifts isn't really that noticeable), it's the movement given from the suit that gives it the appearance of being overpowered. Being able to dodge rockets, C4, and circle strafe around any MAX suit quickly and effectively makes ZOE the most overpowered thing I think I've encountered. thus far.
  8. TheIllusionKing

Well then.
    You obviously didn't try to defend ANYONE here, but gave an interesting idea. NC have frightening tanks that are more dangerous?!?! VS MAXes should be feared instead of eliminated just as fast as other MAXes?!?!?! TR harrassers are incredibly dangerous and should be anticipated to fight back well!?!?!?!?

Everyone has their benefits, and none of these should be nerfed. It makes the game more interesting to find a way around the powerful parts of enemy factions, and using your own superiority to your advantage, rather than attempting to make everyone on equal ground. If you had your way, we would just have another generic FPS. The faction specialties are one of the main things that makes the game interesting, and they should be preserved (as well as adding more) whether the B1tch-fest that is Forumside likes it or not.
  9. CptFirelord

Unfortunately that isn't possible in a game of "spam enough of this and you win each fight". This idea favoring the VS MAX due to the ability of the MAX to attach AV, AA, and AI weapons. Please tell me why the VS are doing better this week than the last four. It's certainly not because your ZOE MAX is OP is it?? :rolleyes:
  10. TheIllusionKing

the population issue isn't going to be fixed anytime soon, and we'll both have to deal with it for the time being. However, a zerg crushes everything. If everything were perfectly balanced, a zerg would still win in all situations. So what you're really saying is that you're irritated when a zerg of a faction spams what they're best at?

(insert picture of massive TR zerg with "OP" TR weapons here)
    (Insert picture of massive NC zerg with "OP" NC weapons here)
    (Insert picture of massive VS zerg with "OP" VS weapons here)

Or are you saying that the MAX's versatility itself is the problem? I couldn't really tell which.
  11. gregfox89

Sometimes it's the NC's fault
    The TR would've won the global amp station alert the other day, or at least tied the VS, if the NC could've held more than one single amp station. NC's badness usually brings the TR down and helps VS lol (because they're all jumping on their VS alts)
    • Up x 1
  12. CptFirelord

Not the MAX, the ZOE. There's no reason to turn the ZOE module off unless you're forced to (stepping inside a Galaxy or Sunderer). You run faster than Adren Pump LA's with ZOE, you deal more damage than anything else with ZOE, your armor is weaker but when you're dodging rockets, C4, and UBGLs there's no real argument to say that it makes a difference. To the inexperienced (noob) user, the ZOE will die quickly. If the user has any nuance of a brain cell in his head and can see the blinking care package drop from the ceiling, he'll dodge it easily or kill the LA before the thing can be used. But let's not turn this into a 'ZOE is OP' thread, there's plenty of them.
  13. TheIllusionKing

You overestimate the versatility of ZOE. But you're right, this should not be a ZOE thread. I'm trying my best to get those shut down. Personally, I'd be fine without the damage buff, the speed is good. But, in your idea that there is no good reason to turn it off-HA!
    ZOE makes you paper, and without an excellent supply of certs to shove into an acquisition timer and a membership bonus or boost to resources, ZOEs burn through resources much faster than both other types of MAXes.

But again, not a ZOE thread.
  14. RadCavalier

Honestly, I can't speak to anyone else, but as a NC on Mattherson who doesn't like getting steamrolled by huge zergs: I avoid alerts like the plague. They're literally a notification telling me precisely where the NC has no hope of achieving victory due to population imbalance.
  15. Deathrus

EXOC has some of the worst sports ever. VenganceD gest so mad, says we [NNG] just maxes up, shotguns all the time. Calls me a noob several times because he got killed by a nova. YET, at the time he was hiding behind two mercy maxes, lol.

Rages at me for taking use of a concussion grenade and wiped his 3 man squad + 2 adds with a LSW., LOL.

Some cool stories here!!!
  16. Phrygen

Your necro missed the point entirely.

When i told ender to "go exoc" it meant play his EXOC alt. DA and EXOC are almost the same thing, most of the DA guys have their matterson TR alts in EXOC. some EXOC members are only EXOC however, but they are largely inactive. I noticed IAMDESTRUCTOR started playing for awhile again but i haven't been on for a few weeks.