Top tear infiltrators

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by TheAnnoyingInfi, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Scan

Hello mate,

My 84%ish headshot ratio is listed here. http://planetside-intel.com/character.php?id=5428109895935872721&view=weapon-performance

It's not that I never miss a shot, but when I do hit my target, 84% of it is a headshot. If you take the total ammount of shots fired, as a reference point, than these numbers become alot lower. It's not like 84% of every shot I fire is a headshot. But seems that out of 100%, 61% is a hit, and out of that 61%, 84% is a Headshot.

I've never been good at math.... more of a langauge person, but it seems Planetside 2 players, only counts the headshots that kill your target and deliver the "Headshot" bonus. (which is only with a kill), and headshots that didn't kill the target as a standard "hit"

Since 84% of my kills with the Paralax were headshots, and the Paralax is a OHK weapon when it comes to headshots, I think we can assume that the 34% diffrence between Planetside Players and Planetside-Intel is caused by 34% were headshots, not killing the target. (and being counted as a "Hit")

Vice versa, this means that 34% of my hits, weren't hits, they were headshots being counted as hits. (that didn't deliver the kill because of Nanoweave)

Presuming my theory is correct this means 1 out of 3 headshots that I scored, did not deliver me the OHK.

I've always been yelling that Nanoweave is a very, very big problem, and here we are discovering that Nanoweave, has actually cheated me out of an extra 34% of my killcount.

So now that we know this. Who still claims that Nanoweave is "fine"

Just to brag abit: Here's my TR character. http://planetside-intel.com/character.php?id=5428069961292568561&view=weapon-performance

I got a HS ratio of 87% on the RAMS with that one.
    • Up x 1
  2. Hellhammer

Though the numbers might be a good indication, for me they'd be flawed. I play at all hours of the day, where there might be 1-12 enemies in the hex, and might not see an enemy for 30-45 minutes. Now, if we were just sticking to "Prime Time" big battles (48+), I'm sure the numbers would be much more different
    • Up x 2
  3. redsevenski

Not disagreeing with you on the nanoweave debate (I think we've discussed it in the 2CA forums and you know I'm still undecided about a potential solution) but I'm not entirely convinced by the Planetside Intel site at times. Although it can be useful it lists my headshot percentages with the BASRs as 83, 88 and 89% approximately, which I don't think is accurate.

EDIT: Scratch that - I just checked the players site and the numbers match, so maybe the Intel site is accurate.
  4. DrTeeth

It's fine, especially as you use a top tier rifle. If you don't like it, get closer or use a semi.
  5. Get2dachoppa

6. Scan

I use a supressor. I'm getting as close as I can, because I have to.

And no it's not fine. One third of your headshots not netting you a kill, because of a passive bonus that is easily accesable, is absurd.

A sniperround in the face within 100 meters should kill. If you don't like it, learn to duck and take cover.
    • Up x 3
  7. Lazaruz

I don't know what to make of those Intel site stats, the info seems odd to me. I've always just looked at my accuracy and hit/headshot ratio from the PS2 Players site. For example SR-7, 68% accuracy and 55.8% h/hs ratio (1846 hits and 1031 headshots).
    But the Intel site gives me a 88.5% headshot accuracy on that weapon... Confused o_O
  8. K4is0r

Ah, now I understand how you came to 84% :)
    Well I don`t think it`s nanoweave in your case, that causes the 34% difference. Dont know why planetside-intel even uses this form of accuracy stat.
    You have 549 kills, 1052 hits and 452 headshots. Under kills you will find every kill you ever made with this weapon. So there are also body shots in it that killed your target. And under the headshots are also the headshots against maxes and HAs (and nw).
    For example, if I kill 5 people with headshots, 3 people with two bodyshots and 1 max with 5 headshots that would mean I have 9 kills, 16 hits and 10 headshots. That doesn`t mean that I have a headshot accuracy of 111% ;)
    It rather means that out of 16 hits i made 10 headshots, so my headshot accuracy is 62,5%. So in your case you would have a headshot accuracy of 43%.
  9. DrTeeth

Ditching the suppressor and one-shotting everyone within 75m is perfectly viable. I myself prefer the semi as I can double-tap everyone I see out to 300m. Sure it's a little more difficult but I don't expect one shot kills to be handed to me on a plate.
  10. Scan

Well you are right about semi-auto weapons being better for sniping. You get the guarrantee that two headshots will kill everything, regardless of NW rank, won't have to zoom out for your follow ups, and is easier to bodyshot something to death if you happen to miss, plus you won't have to sacrifice as much medium range effectiveness as you would with a BASR.

But isn't it off that in order to be dependant more on your own skill, than at the roll of the dice, you are being forced into using a weapons you don't really feel comfortable using?

75 meters is not where you kill everything, even without a suppressor. In order to do that, you need to be within a 50 meter radius (because past that range your damagedrop off will lower your damage below 625 damage), and that's a terrible spot to be in without a supressor and alot of enemies around seeing your dot on the map.

Don't get me wrong. It's fine that you are enjoying the semi-auto. But that doesn't mean BASR currently are balanced.

I'm confused..... and too tired to do the math again. :p

But thanks? :confused:
  11. LownWolfe

12. Mustarde

Certainly not bad!

But stats are limited in their usefulness. Having a high accuracy and HSR are great, but that could equate to being cautious and having high efficiency low productivity sniping. And the opposite could also be true. KDR, KPH, and individual weapon stats all paint a broad picture of how well one performs.

Personally, I have no problem flinging lots of bullets downrange, because even if I miss, I'm forcing players to keep their heads down and behind cover. When I snipe alongside other players, I tend to fire 3-4x as many bullets as the others do, and it keeps my productivity higher, regardless of the numbers. Just look at the nanoweave video again, and look at the other snipers near me firing once every 10-15 seconds or so, while I'm already reloading another magazine.

That's not always how I snipe - fitting a suppressor and being reserved also has its role in sniping. But these two styles produce very different stats.

I dont know if I have a larger point to make than that. I just know that I used to have very high Acc and HSR%'s when I started out, and they've all dropped a bit over time, yet my productivity and KPH has increased. ]
  13. DrTeeth

It's 75m with the top tier rifles like the RAMS. I think that's more than enough for most battles. That, along with the fact that the other suit slots have been / are being buffed means more people are "risking" playing without NW5. I think overall it's a fair situation right now, all I would change would be to bring up the low end - 35m is too short a range for suppressed standard rifles to miss out on one shots. 100m+ one shots would be too strong.
  14. Vaphell

yes it's true different playstyles result in different distribution of stats. Personally i am 70% acc on my current LA80 with 80%+ HS on BASRs in general and would be even higher if i didn't have to do many BS finishers against NW.
    My kpm sucks as I am mostly hunting solo in open spaces and it takes a lot of time to navigate through omnipresent harassers, prowlers and magriders to flank their squishy allies. That, and the trigger discipline is necessary for survival.

I suspect many of these 'conservative' snipers you speak of are limited by their PCs and have trouble aligning their scope with heads in time.
    I pretty much dont bother participating in big battles and patrol their outskirts. In busy meatgrinders I am potentially looking at 15-20fps, (hard limitations of my quad amd) which is no fun. When there are so many bullets, tank shells and rockets flying in every direction, there are no nice targets as everybody dives behind the cover or dies almost instantly. Windows of opportunity that open for fractions of a second are simply too short for such a bad framerate. Trying to correct for even tiny movements in jittery 20px increments burns through the breath and more often than not you wind up not taking the shot at all because for 3 seconds your crosshair was all over the place but nowhere near the target.

FU, Intel master race :p
    • Up x 1
  15. Vaphell

75m might be bearable but with lower tier rifles, which is how it was supposed to be with the old NW numbers. 50m baseline against NW5 (with additional 20m penalty for suppressor) is simply too short and saying "just use that 1000c one" is handwaving the problem. If only one rifle out of 4 offers enough wiggle room for its only meaningful mod then something is broken here and smells funny, a bit like p2w.
  16. Revanmug

Pretty much. Stats give a good picture but not the whole story. Hell, how can you tell someone's story when he played for days which mean it could change depending on how he feel. And sometimes, some players are just that weird.

For example, looking at stats.dasanfall, even though it's constantly increasing because I stop afking, I have 63kph with it right now after 15k kills. That's better than the majority of sniper.

But... I also have an abyssal 66% HSR which, I'm almost certain, is the lowest in the entire leaderboard. I'm just that special and I love it.

Though, I'll admit that when I know I'm fighting NUC'n'Co, I often don't even try aiming for the head because I know they have high NW and I might miss. I rather put 2 body shots or finish with a pistol/knife. Safer that way.
    • Up x 1
  17. NinjaTurtle

Edynz... I hate him :mad:
  18. Topher

GO GO GO, Scan! They've taken our headshots for far to long! Ammo types to cert into it would be a nice idea, do you think?
  19. Havic

I am not really sure who the top tier Infiltrators are on Connery. I play this class 90% of the time and I never seem to run across anyone who's name just sticks out. I know I have received some choice words from players I have killed, and have been complimented a few times as well but nothing really significant. Really is just about having fun, but with my recent comp upgrade I seem to be doing better in this class now that I am getting 25fps in big battles as opposed to 7-10 lol ;)
    • Up x 1
  20. Bloodmyth

I really should pay more attention to player names I guess, the ones that stick in my memory (for a very short while these days as I'm way too old for this gaming m'larky!!) are those that end up eye to eye with me from a long range, we both fire and one dies, it's always funny even if I'm the dead one :)