What people don't seem to understand about ZOE...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FrontTowardEnemy, Oct 23, 2013.

1. sebo

i rarely even use ZOE. i have been playing since beta and prefer having charge, it's way more useful. to me the ZOE is underpowered because you're highly vulnerable and the 2~ less bullets it takes to kill someone isn't worth the trade off. a lot of people whining about ZOE being OP are just clueless. even when used with AV weapons such as comet, it takes maybe 2 or 3 shots less to take out a tank.. not worth the reduced health/armor when active.
  2. doombro

It doesn't matter if it takes more damage. With the speed buff, it's going to take a lot less bullets anyway. And a maxed out ZOE takes so little damage it may as well make it a straight up upgrade.

The other MAXes get situational defense utilities. ZOE is an all purpose direct upgrade.
    • Up x 2
  3. Ender

I've created a three part educational series just for this thread. I did my research last night within about a fifteen minute time span when the results became quite clear to me. It was pretty much an epiphany. ZOE is definitely underpowered and should probably receive a buff.

....:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  4. Luighseach

I hate fighting ZOE maxes when they rush in a room. I hate fighting a TR max when they are holding a room.

When I play other factions I don't mind fighting a NC max. Usually throw concussion in a room get a decimator round off then reload and pop back in for the kill shot.

I have solo killed ZOE and TR maxes but NC are the easiest to solo kill. ZOE is just hard to direct hit with the decimator and a TR max just puts out so many rounds that unless you get the decimator shot off then concuss your screwed.

Although I will say even though it is easier to kill an NC max it is easy.
  5. Bape

lol
  6. Luighseach

Exhibit A, B, and C for why they are overpowered lol. Nice vids.
    • Up x 1
  7. BeefySleet

I can't wait for the Devs to get off their ***** and nerf ZOE into oblivion. What a joke lol. The MAX literally drops infantry instantly in many cases. Theres no defending how broken this garbage is.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  8. FrontTowardEnemy

Meh. I got the base numbers wrong. The math still stands and is 100% applicable. It's just off by a factor of 5 (2k vs 10k base HP)

I did confuse the point about a damage increase not being a 1:1 DPS increase, which is incorrect. A 25% damage increase does result in a 25% DPS increase. What I meant to say was that a damage increase and rate of fire increase (e.g. TR lockdown) isn't equal, with the ROF increase resulting in a much larger increase to DPS than a damage increase.
  9. MavCooL

The other faction just jealous becoz we hav better skill than theirs
    And iirc our MBT hav the worse skill than TR or NC counterpart...

Everything that's moving too fast or hav crazy DPS or both will get the "hate attention"
    and yes I'm talking about vulcan-H but thats for another topic and there is already a lot of them
  10. BeefySleet

You're 13 years old, right?
  11. Hoki

OP is a high BR noob.
  12. Mxiter

When a gear get 25% more kills, get 50% better KPU, it's balanced since it's purple. :rolleyes:

Even post beta Maxes/MBTs were more balanced.
  13. Hands Down

Let me see if I got you right - you are comparing stats of one of your characters that uses MAX only (or predominantly) with another character that likely plays all infantry roles?

Also, your VS character is likely a "younger" one, meaning you play it with knowledge of a veteran player, where the other character had to pass learning, growing, and maturing phases.

If so, the KDR argument you are trying to make has lost on validity.
  14. Mxiter

Strafe speed buff is broken and have to go.
  15. Redzy

It does not take an absolute Planetside 2 guru to be able to tell that ZOE is an absolute game-breaking and over-powered ability.

This goes beyond basic statistical calculations.

More than the mere fact the weapons deal more damage, which is somewhat negligible (but not really), it's the fact that movement speed becomes the same as infantry. What this does negate one of the very few advantages regular infantry has against MAXes, so it becomes extremely difficult to deal with a ZOE MAX without being insta-gibbed before you turn around the corner.

You cannot outrun or outmaneuver a ZOE MAX. You have to rely on traps, on rocket launchers and things that the ZOE MAX can still easily dodge with its increased speed. Sometimes hitting one with a rocket is a mere matter of luck, simply because it strafes so fast you can easily miss.

Resistance reduction becomes a mere annoyance to the user when the speed increase makes it easier to avoid potential damage. Not just this, but normal MAXes are certainly not immune to explosive damage. Chances are, all factors considered, ZOE MAX and normal MAX don't have very dissimilar levels of durability, but ZOE MAX ultimately wins in terms of speed and maneuverability.

I have experience with all 3 faction MAXes and this is written with that in mind.
    • Up x 2
  16. MurderBunneh

Lol good one. How the hell does a AV max who can't hit infantry kill a max that moves as fast as infantry?

Falcons vs Zoe lol ya that works. And ravens are no better suited to do it.
  17. MurderBunneh

2 less bullets means everything. I would give up my shield and nano weave to have my SAW kill in 2 less bullets.
  18. Mxiter

2 less bullet TTK is the difference between gauss saw and EM1... :rolleyes:
  19. Ender

So it seems the average forumsider thinks my educational video posts were serious. It's pretty sad that I have to clarify this.....hint hint - they are sarcasm 110%. You can stop sending me messages about how ZOE is OP now, i'm well aware.
    • Up x 1
  20. Mxiter

They certainly didn't noticed that there is (few) unbiased people on this forum. ;)