Can some one confirm this?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nintyuk, Oct 22, 2013.

1. PapaMojo

I think WDS is showing us that WDS is always going to be problematic. If you let the over-population run the points, then it's a steamroll.....if there's any handicapping to factor in over-population, then anyone else who wins will be labeled the "won with a crutch" faction. Great competition.
    • Up x 1
  2. Van Dax

malorn stated that in the grand scheme of things it actually calculates out to about a 6% boost in score per day, besides halfway through the week it switched to the TR and NC getting this effortless boost y'know because we were winning.
  3. Liquid23

nah it would have been fine if they had just implemented that changes to take population and opposition into account... what ****** it up was the "losers get +50 percent for losing!"

then again since I just logged into alts and claimed the victory no matter who won it was silly to begin with
  4. Fox Reinhold

:rolleyes: I want to like this game, I really do, but you make it so hard. At every turn you manage to botch even the simplest tasks SOE, like comparing one number to another. It's not even that hard, you just have to look at the webpage that you yourself created. I swear you're a game company from Bizzaro World wherein you like to lose money and players. I know, this is a small thing, but it's another small thing piled on top of another, and another, and another...
    • Up x 2
  5. Liquid23

if I was SOE I just would have not publicly displayed the scores until after the week was over and the prize handed out... this way if I did **** up no one would be any the wiser ;)

"oh **** Bob I hit the wrong key and sent the prize to the wrong empire"
    "'tiss ok Al, we will just switch those two empires scores when we post them"
    *High-Five*
    • Up x 2
  6. MuchachoBob

It's official: SOE is a joke. You guys can't even look at numbers and take correct conclusions from that.

Basically how I feel:

I'll be surprised if the first "optimization" patch doesn't turn the game files into one big cluster-**** and makes people's computers explode.

This was the final straw.

Bye guys. Good job throwing a great concept of a game into the trash.
  7. DeadliestMoon

Dude, you're over exaggerating. If a simple mistake makes you this upset then I think you should leave these forums and the game.
  8. disky00

I mean, I basically haven't been playing and am waiting until OMFG is released and things settle back into their normal development cycle, so I'm not particularly invested in this conversation, but come on folks, it isn't really that big of a deal. Especially considering that it's "preseason" and the first time they've done this sort of thing. The boosts are a nice reward but aren't anything to go nuts about.

Just be cool, the devs will work it out.
  9. Hitlit

And YOU earned your 4 weeks with that great Pop Bonus. Don't cry because it's not stacked in your favor now.
  10. Phazaar

So Vanu = OP? :S
  11. CrimsonDaemon

This whole "event" is just a distraction to keep attention off of the real issues that are harming this community. If the numbers show the Vanu won, then they won and it will be changed to reflect it. Simple as that.
  12. Czuuk

Half the point of the thing was so that the score were displayed so SOE could judge the communities reaction to it.
  13. EmmettLBrown

I hope more people realize that the drama surrounding the WDS is really just getting in the way of the actual game.
  14. sebo

so i guess it's pretty obvious how TR managed to "win" all past weeks.. until SOE got caught out. this would have gone unnoticed hadn't people actually pay attention at the numbers.
    it's too bad someone can't go back to verify the previous weeks some how. even when they clearly lose they still win prize lol..

it looks so bad for SOE they shouldn't bother doing these events in the future..
  15. NylaJess

The WDS Winner in 5th Week, this is simple a Joke, announcing 1 Faction as Winner when infact that particular Faction did not Win!!! im sorry but to me this is Unacceptable mistake announcing "false" Winner. Until some 1 make post to check who actually is the True WDS Winner of 5th Week!!! To me this is excuse and very poor 1
    Im sorry now its the " TR's infiltrators Responsible" for false data fault!!!! really or..... well the truth we will never now for sure. But hey TR's still got their Exp Boost, Hey Vanu got their deserved Exp Boost because they were the true Winners of the WDS and Hey NC got well F*** All. Its because of these things im enjoying less less playing PS2, specially this last WDS Winner mistake and poor excuse they give to the community of that error by the TR infiltrators Data lol
  16. Liquid23

now again... only this time in english
  17. MaxDamage

If all the faction populations were even, VS would win.
    Magriders, ZOE and to a lesser extent Orions see to this.
    TR's primary strength is the fact that it is more popular.
    Now VS get insane bonus points for TR having a slightly higher pop...
  18. Hands Down

Now, there is a worthy thought. However, I highly doubt that SOE will actually do it.
  19. Hands Down

I feel sorry for poor, underpopulated, not-enough-OP, and not enough SOE favoured TR. You have my most insincere sympathy, for all those fake reasons that you and I mentioned.
  20. bodmans

because it would mean MOAR bonuses for people like me. you only need to log in once(even though those log-ins are playsessions for me) to be eligible for the reward. you can claim the reward on whatever char you like