Friendly Fire Needs to be Disabled Due to Griefing/4th Factioners

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pie Chasm, Oct 20, 2013.

1. PutteFnask

A month or two into the game I had a guy chasing me around eventually destroying my newly spawned MAX unit. At the time I thought that TK'ing someone could lead to some sort of punishment from the GM's. I reported the incident and:

Hey there Sanbits,

This is Operative XXX with PlanetSide 2 in-game support. Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with XXX. PlanetSide 2 has an in-game grief system that will automatically lock a player's weapons if they do significant damage to friendly units, but hopefully this was just a one-time thing. I can't know why he TK'd you but you did handle that in a very civil way. Unfortunately a lot of FPS players don't have such a mature mind set so if it happens again, I'd suggest killing them before they can destroy your Max, and then just carry on business as usual. If you have any other issues or concerns don't hesitate to contact us again. Good luck and enjoy your next battle!

Operative XXX
    PlanetSide 2
    Sony Online Entertainment
  2. Meeka

Friendly fire doesn't need to be removed, what needs to be done is that people who friendly fire need to have their spawn timers punished. Every time you shoot a friendly infantry 60 seconds is added to your spawn timer... if you destroy a friendly vehicle, 120 seconds is added to your spawn timer.
  3. Liquid23

while rather funny, if true that is one horrible GM

maybe it's because it was only one time and the player didn't have a history of it... I know they ban for constant TKing friendlies because a outfit mate of mine got banned for it... the worst part was he wasn't doing it maliciously it was him and friends testing weapons before we had VR... I guess someone saw and mistook it for something else then when he was reported they looked at his kill list and saw a ton of friendlies so slapped on a 3 week ban.. but the e-mail he got, which I saw, specifically said he was being banned for harassment because of constant team killing

also back when we had FF in the warpgate there were always people on here ******** about being banned because they were TKing in it (flipping galaxies... lol) of course tho they all claimed to be innocent
  4. Pie Chasm

If by back then you mean 5+ months ago, I remember there being multiple GMs on during the day.

Now I very, very, very rarely see them on. It doesn't matter when I play, or what time of day, or on what server.

They've obviously let go a lot of their staff and are running on a skeleton crew to keep the game functional.You can TK to your hearts content, hack, etc., you won't get banned.
  5. 6pecx

its easy keep friendly fire but significantly reduce FF damage output so FF does less damage witch will allow intentional teamkillers to get there weapons locked faster this also means more chance of survival if accidentally walk in front of team mate shooting at enemey
  6. Naterian

There just needs to be a punish/forgive system.
  7. Metal Insomniac

I have always hated FF in every game. I would love to agree with this...

However, the game would be even worse with it off. Why? What if some *** was blocking an important entrance just to **** with you? What would you do then?

In other words, abuse would be even worse, in my opinion.
  8. italktowalls

haha. yeah i remember the server wide messages from higby saying if he caught u flipping gals it would result in a perm. ban.
  9. faykid

disabling friendly fire will change the game to the point of being a completely different one

imagine you can send you infantry to battle and at the same time bombard them and everyone around them? your allies will not die, the enemies will. easy profit

biolab fights will become an even bigger nightmare

also, the game will become even less immersive