Which are the best Outfits?

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Incendio, Mar 29, 2013.

1. MajorZbug

To be honest there's only 2 outfits in that list I've ever noticed ingame (MCY and INI). Chewbacca's tag is I1 right ? If so, make it 3. :eek:

There's a lot of more or less subjective criteria to determine who's the "best", but average br / average xp / average kd have little to do with the actual impact an outfit has in battle, in a game that relies so heavily on numbers. A 300 men outfit, 100% active, with an average BR of 70, now that would likely be the "best" outfit out there.
  2. JonboyX

:) hah - you're in there up at the top. And INI have been mentioned a few times.
    I've filtered out outfits <12 members in size. I know it's not perfect, but what I think is good is that it gives newer outfits a fair shot too, rather than something based on just having lots of people/being around for a long time, which total XP seems to rank outfits by :/

And... I appreciate there's no qualitative measure included in those numbers, such as tactical choice of target. I guess that was the previous 10 pages worth of discussion.
  3. Ulysees

The leaderboards prove nothing tbh because their is no metric for measuring what the leaderboard proves other than some outfits are very good at finding spots to farm the zerg.

Any outfit can get respect from their enemies regardless of their size based on their ability and their actions. I hate to big up INI Elite because they don't need the ego stroking from me but I am pretty sure they don't look at the map and say to themselves **** all the battels are 48+ there is no point going to any of those fights cos we won't make a difference. They go in, clean **** out and ruin peoples day and yes they get hate from it but they also get respect from it because regardless of what you think about them as people you have to applaud them for tight teamwork and making an impact.

We do feedback session in WASP after every operation and training session to refine our gameplay and more than a few people raise the point that I often send WASP on seeming "suicide" missions and yes sometimes we get our ***** handed to us, but other times we turn the tide and acheive the impossible and when you do that you get recognition.

Then when threads like these get made your tag is one of the ones that get mentioned because you are seen not giving a **** about the odds but always geting stuck in and turning the tide of battles. Numbers definately do help because with numbers you are more likely to win fights than lose them but numbers only take you so far, you still have to pick the hard fights, believe you are better than your opponents and then go out into the field of play and prove that - it's the attitude I have tried to instill in WASP and as an outfit it works for us, our member retention is good and we have exellent outfit activity (if you take out the players who are only in the outfit because we are a mutli game community we are around 85-90% activity from 100 members over 7 days) and I think for a lot of the outfits that were mentioned through the life of this thread the ethos of finding the hard fights rather than surfing the zerg or only picking fights that play to your advantage is the reason they get their recognition, certainly that was my main criteria when picking out which outfits were the "best" for me.
    • Up x 3
  4. Dotz0r

A core group of players, will always do better than a bigger non-cohesive force - they may not win the battle, but they don't half make a dent in the bigger force. Our better fights have always been against the more core-orientated outfits. Small and organised enough to make a good defense without having the numbers. Using people wisely, positional and general game awareness at the highest levels. The type of outfit which acts like a team rather than an outfit, who know who everyone is - what their strengths / weaknesses are etc etc. The type of outfit which makes you slow-down and re-think / asess what you are going to do - and for a big outfit to have to halt like that, really strains us in some places. Bringing that whole war machine to a halt while people are diverted / re-roled to deal with a small dedicated team holding an A Point despite the odds just to hinder our efforts are some of the best fights in the game. Because at the end of the day - they are putting effort in.

Normally, when we go up against equal sized fights - its rarely against any organised force - just a load of ad-hoc units coincidently forcing their way towards us, where individual skill is thrown out the window and a more "broader" version of organisation is needed to turn the tide.

It seems that smaller outfits - its more of an FPS, for the bigger - more of an RTS. Well, thats the way i see it - from a person who leads dozens of people.
  5. Pella

RUSL - Arguably the best NC outfit currently. On a Tactical level, And player skill.

Considering they only have one BR100, And manage to wipe the floor with TR outfits consecutively. They have a solid bunch of active players that seem to be playing even more as a team. And when you do, they are extremely hard to dispose of.
  6. MajorZbug

The main issue with RUSL is actually the time, they stop playing just when we start :(

Lately it's XDT who's impressed us the most.
  7. ValorousBob

I've never seen INI get "hate" for anything besides obnoxious MLG references.

I basically never see these guys, I take it they're fighting TR a vast majority of the time?
  8. Dotz0r

If they are not shooting TR, they are on route to shoot TR. Basically. RUSL have been quite surprising as of late. Especially on the "hello its us again" front.

NC - its always those flowerbois or RUSL
    VS - it is always never one outfit, a mash of VC/VCBC/VCHC/VBCVVVVVC - With dig tagging along and DIG T playing cohesive around the blob of spandex.
  9. Notiz

same here, most of the good NC outfits (also the ones mentioned here earlier) I almost never see apart form 252v and flowerbois here and there (and when I see them, often in chesive groups)

a JIANJI high profile ;-) once said to me: it's always BRTD, he get's bored from always seeing the same tags ^^ - I think NC has the "problem" as we do: we nearly always (have to) fight TR.

so these three NC outfits would be my favorites nowadays I guess: Flowerbois, 252v, JIANJI (and maybe SW :) )

Fightclub, CONZ, WASP - probably all still very good outfits, but I miss you as opponents :(

-----

on TR side I would say BRTD, INI, OCB.
    when I would have to chose three. problem is even the very organized ones I see often in a TR-tags-mixture of everything, maybe because a lot play more casualy lately? or good teampaly / always together? I dunno for sure. but especialy INI and OCB are ones I see beeing a strong force on their own, even when small in numbers.

DEIM, FU, BMC, MoX, ... I nearly never see you nowadays. especialy FU and DEIM I am missing :(

-----

I am happy that we are mentioned, good to see that our foes recognizes us as a force on our own.

I think you see especialy VCBC often together with a lot mixed tags because A) they often do open-platoons (and good ones) and B) TVA coordination and teamplay with those other taged Outfits.

we also recive a lot from TVA and often when we are successfull it's because it was coordinated with TVA, when we would play on our own it wont be the same. - I only mention this because auxiliary is barely visable in this game (same goes probably for the TR and NC outfits - they are often so good and hit VS forces in the right spots because they do not play entirely on their own).
  10. Pella

Being Russian, They tend to play in my day time ect. And they have an extreme vendetta against TR.

And as for the MLG thing, We coined that as a joke and people took it so serious it was hilarious. Calling ourselfs MLG provoked allot of people. But whats funny. MLG will never be a EU thing and we have known this since day one. And people that watch, or take part in Esports understand this.
  11. Notiz

what did you bad, bad TR do to them?
  12. Redzy

I've seen RUSL around and been in a platoon with them and possibly agree that they are if not THE best NC outfit, at least one of them. Great playerbase with rather sociable individuals (many speak English and are friendly). Best Russian outfit on Miller, dunno about other servers.
  13. Chyper

NC side CONZ, WASP, 252V and MCY has always been the "well ****, now we have a fight on our hands!" outfits to me. Lately it's been mostly MCY though, with a smattering of 252V and DL.

Vanu.....DIGT?

Should be taken with a pinch of salt as the only time I actually have time to notice outfit tags are when I'm dead and looking at the killscreen.

Aaaw, you miss us? No worries, FU's still around ;) . We're just not fielding a full platoon during prime time these days. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that like most of the "bigger" outfits, we suffer from lack of interest, interesting content updates to the game (read, Hossin), and the current state of the game performance-wise isn't really helping either. Then you have stuff IRL that forces attention away from our glorious world of gaming. That we are only suffering the effects of this now, and that we hardly noticed it during summer vacation etc, says enough I'd say. But once SOE launch the O:MFG patch and (hopefully) improves the performance of the game, we'll get back up to strenght.
    For now though, we make do with what we have. Yesterday we were all over the place on south east Indar, killing as many armored units as we could (quite a few were from DIG :D), and ended the day capping a few biolabs for the alert on Esamir with our fellow TR.

On a sidenote, our next operation is on November 2nd. So set off some time that day to come and fight us.
  14. MajorZbug

I'm dearly sorry to dissapoint you then, but as we said already, with the stagnant state of the game, lack of meaningful objectives, no new content for months, and decrease in server pop that concentrates everyone on Indar ("The Stalemate Continent"), we feel our future as a group lies with other games such as BF4, and if we're still alive by the time it comes out, Star Citizen.

There's only so much I can do to keep our members delusionnal about the state of the game so they keep logging in. It's so painfully obvious PS2 is going nowhere that it led to a massive drop in our numbers. In the meantime we have ops on thursdays and sundays (that's half of what we did before) with usually two squads (that's also half of what we had before ...), hence why you barely see us. Come on Esamir on those days and we might cross each other ;)
  15. BaptistsK90

Sorry you're missing Conz :-\ I think last night was the first time in a month I've taken the guys against Vanu for a change, we simply have been fighting the TR constantly.
  16. Notiz

aye yeah I know what you talk about hopefully with new content and O:MFG done it will get at least better.

thanks for the Info FU and DEIM, there should be a website where one one would see all the OPS time of all outfits :), so one could concetrate serious gameplay on those times when a lot outfits come together and can meet outfits at least with a squad or two, when not having own OPS.

@majorZbug: we miss each others OPS days, we do OPS nights on Wednesday and Friday :confused:
  17. MajorZbug

That's why then. We switched to fixed days maybe a month ago, before that it would be every odd days so we managed to see everyone else ;)

I don't know about other outfits schedules but we see XDT and IVRI quite a lot, they're our main providers of good fights at the moment.
    • Up x 1
  18. Notiz

I can agree on Vanus Revenge (IVRI) beeing good ones, they have Raid (Operation) on sunday, lucky ones ^^ I ran with them ones in their squads (german speaking), maybe gotta repeat that.
    • Up x 1
  19. Interlude

TR: AOD
    NC: 2stew4u
    VS: ?

yes.
    • Up x 2
  20. LordMondando

Best outfits.

[IMG]
    • Up x 4