Flares still not working half the time

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FigM, Oct 19, 2013.

1. FigM

How is this still possible?

it's been over a month and 1 hot fix later. Why is this still an issue?
    Did SOE fire all their competent network programmers?

I really don't understand why this isn't fixed already
  2. IamDH

? They are working fine for me
  3. Dovahkiin

You have to flare furing the lock-on process.

Once a rocket locks onto you nothing but the terrain can stop it.
  4. SNAFUS

It is far more than 50% fail ratio of flares breaking a missile lock. Though if you do pop them before the launch is made you will be ok it is far from being fixed. Not to mention if there is anylag and there has been a ton as of late then some locks will be instant making avoiding impossible as missiles clip through terrain.
  5. longmachao

Flare work 50% of the time after missile is locked. If you pop flare early while in the process of locking it'll always works.. at least that's my experience.
  6. FigM

That's not how it used to work. And I haven't seen any patch notes stating that this is a deliberate change
  7. OmegaPREDATOR

Nope 2 hotfix ! But now it's a little less buggy, we no more have the noisy perma lock ! A good step, don't you think.
    Now for debug the game, you speak about devs who correct the bug of consoles (who don't return to the good faction after been destroyed) after near 6 months ...
    Be patient, one day maybe ...
  8. Czuuk

You are not being shot at by the Striker. Still fairly buggy.
  9. SinerAthin

Lol, for a moment I thought the title was about the Flare guns xD

But, on topic; I've experienced the same time.

Roughly 70% of the Lock Ons will ignore my flares.
    I even got hit by TWO Lock Ons after using my Flares to 'escape' a Lock, and had to immediately scuttle my ESF as it was in flames :/
  10. Madmojo

I watch them as I fire them from the ground. Most times flares work and just launch into the sky. Other times the rockets keep following or just reengage after the immunity period wears off and hit. Flaring before full lock is 100% effective still.
  11. IamDH

Oh that would make sense then. I assumed all lock-ons worked in the same way as the striker
  12. Czuuk

They don't. It was only the Striker that ignored terrain. SOE was supposed to make a pass to work on all lock ons to normalize them, but that hasn't happened yet. A band aid was applied, but the Striker is different that the other lock ons and does still in some cases bug out and kinda ignore flares.
  13. longmachao

Not saying it suppose to work like that. It's just been that way for me recently.