GD22S?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by sodopro, Oct 7, 2013.

1. OddChelsea

He is talking about the EM6 not the EM1.
  2. KnightCole

I am to, the EM6 has 143 at distance. It has 167 up close. At range the EM6 isnt that amazing, but up close...<3
  3. OddChelsea

Oooh yeah. Well I used to be TR for the first few months I played so 143 damage minimum isn't that bad for me. Sorry I misread it, but seeing 143 damage and poor recoil instantly made me think of the EM1 since I didn't think about minimum damage.
  4. KnightCole

Yeah, getting the TR maximum as the minimum isnt that bad but I to played TR for 24BRs as my first and I started to really loathe the 143dmg tier. I still am no fan of it, but the T9 CARV makes it work.
  5. lilleAllan

adv laser anchor is the only half decent NC CQC lmg. gd-22s doesn't compare in cqc qnd is far outclassed by other lmg's in mid.i say skip it.most boring weapon i have auraxium with
  6. Pikachu

I use it for range with x4 scope and fore grip. Just because I have em1 as well which has advanced laser sight which nakes me want to use it for close combat with x2 scope which it does not have ao I use a x3.4.
  7. RadCavalier

I won't pretend to have a hyper-technical understanding of the LMG gun performances, but I can simply tell you my anecdotal review of the GD22S, bearing in mind that I've nearly Auraxium'd it. (I think...it's been awhile since I've checked how close I am.)

It's a very flexible close-to-medium ranged weapon. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it pretty much defines "middle-of-the-road" as far as the HA guns I've played/tested. I equip it with a forward grip and a IR/NV scope and a flash suppressor and use it almost exclusively in ADS (bad habit I've gained from almost exclusively using the Gauss SAW the first half of my play-career) and I'm actually quite pleased with it. You won't be doing any sniping with it, but anything out to the very edge of an NV scope's visible range (roughly 60-80m) is definitely reachable. You'll find that the recoil is vastly more manageable over the SAW, though you notice the fact that you don't quite hit like a hammer like you used to. Honestly, if you can manage the recoil on a SAW, you're probably better off using that when you're looking at Tech/Amp battles. That being said, in Biodomes, GD22S is infinitely better given its faster Rate-Of-Fire.

Just my two cents. I'm a cert-pauper who isn't able to invest as much time into the game as he'd like, so the fact that it's so cheap is a very big appeal.

Edit: Minor typos.
  8. Jackyl

The GD-22s is the best rounded NC LMG. It was my first Auraxium medal weapon and that is the only reason I don't still use it today.

The HSNV sight for closer ranges, the 2x reflex, and your choice 3.4 is all it really needs. 3 kits with those setups. I also play with a squad that uses smoke on the regular so my default scope is HSNV. Use the 2x for base assaults and the 3.4 when you need to make longer shots.

Once I am done chasing Auraxium medals with my weapons this and the EM6 will be my go to weapons. The GD-22 for its handling, recoil and versatility and the EM6 cause 200 rounds of freedom never fail to get the job done.
  9. Nocturn0l

All NC LMGs except the EM1 and SAW drop to 143 minimum damage? What is your point?
    The dps of the EM6 and SAW is the same up to 75 meters where the EM6 reaches minimum then the SAW loses because it drops further until 85 meters.

With HVA the EM6 outperforms the SAW which also handles terrible when used with HVA

What i would really like to see to diffirentiate the GD22 and the Anchor more would be to give the GD22 the 0.75x move modifier.
    So people can chose, do they want hip firing madness? -> anchor; ADS madness? -> GD22
    • Up x 2
  10. KnightCole

Oh yeah that would be fun. GD should get .75 movement considering its a tiny little thing.
  11. lilleAllan

What? Reaching your minimum at 85 m is better than reaching it at 75 m.

SAW performs just fine with HVA if you don't have a high magnification scope on. I run SAW with HVA and iron sights - no compensator. EM6 basically needs it due to its shoddy velocity.

Regarding giving GD-22S 0.75x ADS speed - I agree. As it is now, price is the only thing it has over Anchor.
  12. Nocturn0l

No it's not.

What i meant was, that the SAW and the EM6 have the same dps up to 75m, the EM6 reaches its minimum, but the SAW drop off doesn't stop until 85m. So farther than 75m the EM6 has higher dps than the SAW.

The SAW has its minimum at 85 meters because weapon drop off lowers damage to next lower tier over range. Since the drop from 200 to 167 (33) is more than the drop from 167 to 143 (24) the minimum range has to be further than that of 167 dmg weapons. Else 200 dmg weapons would drop more dps over range. That sadly drops their dps below 167 LMGs beyond 75 meters.

As can be seen here http://ps2model-axiom.rhcloud.com/#dps/la/1/23/7235
  13. lilleAllan

I understand, but you probably won't hit your theoretical DPS at max range, since you're quick bursting or single shotting which benefits from the higher damage pr bullet and faster bullet velocity of the SAW. Of course, things is more complicated if you can't fire from a stationary position.
  14. Nocturn0l

Yeah the SAW can be very inaccurate on the move and i would say the EM6 allows for longer bursts.
    Bullet velocity is never an issue for me, i can lead targets with the GD22S (580m/s) just as good as with the Ursa (640 m/s). Sustained accuracy is more important for me. Which btw both these LMGs are very good for!
    • Up x 1
  15. MavCooL

You should wait and buy the EM1 instead... Its not overpriced as the Anchor and handle better and easier than GD-22S
    But IMO buy the adv.laser sight and you are ready to rock
  16. randallt3mpd

The GD22S is basically what should have been the starting LMG for the NC. Middle of the road everything: ROF, Recoil, Handling, and Damage (although higher compared to TR and VS) and a fairly small pool of attachments which is typical of starting weapons. Instead we start with the NC6 which is cool but kind of the oddball, much like its other class counterparts, ac11x and reaper DMR.

Essentially unless your totally in love with the NC6 and not the best at handling high recoil, spend the 100 certs and get a solid weapon: the GD22S.

The anchor is good, but unless you basically have and endless supply of certs or are one of those people that just has to have what is (technically) the best, go with the GD22S. Aside from CQC attachments (SPA, ALS) the difference in performance is marginal and unnoticeable. best to spend that extra 900 certs on utility, suit upgrades or decking out your vehicles imo.
  17. Nocturn0l

Problem is, as a starter weapon, it would have been heaviely outclassed by the Orion/Carv
  18. Maellean

At the preferred range of the Orion/CARV the NC6 is heavily outclassed as well. Yes, the NC6 can do well at longer ranges, but mostly after 300+ certs put into it. The NC6 is an amusing gun to use, but it's not a "solid all around gun", which is probably what a starting weapon should be.
  19. KnightCole

I initially did just that, spent the 100 certs to get the GD22S, then kinda made myself a challenge to fall in love with the Gauss SAW. Slapped stuff on it, comp and AFG, x2 and just went to town. Cant argue with the 200dmg but it is a tricky thing to use at times.

GD22S is a good weapon though, I always viewed it as OP as hell when im on my TR, always losing to it and the Gauss SAW. Of course ive since then improved my play.
  20. Badname0192

It's a great eraser of those who want to hurt you inside of places after getting a laser sight. 1X reflex or NV. You can take it outside, the recoil is manageable after a little practice and plink people to death. I put a silencer on and go to town when I play NC. It's the poor mans Anchor and just about as good!