Harrassers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LordCharlamane, Oct 16, 2013.

1. LordCharlamane

I have absolutely no idea why this hasn't been fixed after soooo long.

Therefor I'm resorting to this.

Please, pretty please (it is the magic word) fix the harrassers, either armour debuff or remove the repair from the third seat.

If this fails I shall be forced to write to Santa Claus to invoke rank.

Thank you in advance for common sense.
    • Up x 2
  2. ThePeruvian

perhaps reduce repair while moving?
    either way, funny thing about the design of the harasser, I just watched command center on youtube and when that topic came up regarding the power of the rumble seat.... the hosts had different opinions as to whether or not it was intentional lol
    take a look:
    when discussing the featured harasser vid (starts 26:25) - the particular comment ==> 27:05
  3. MajiinBuu

I agree with the composite armor debuff. Why should a buggy with glass windows withstand more damage in the rear than a 40 ton armored tank?
    I find it hard to repair sometimes, you have to hold the repair tool just right in the right spot, which is hard to do when turning at +100 kph. Also I like the extra squad xp I get for repairing myself.
    • Up x 1
  4. ThePeruvian

maybe we should go realistic mode and allow us to shoot the tires off :D
    • Up x 1
  5. MajiinBuu

I'm VS. The tires would pop off and I'd activate the hover :p
    • Up x 1
  6. ThePeruvian

o yea?? well im TR so you know.....
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  7. Madcat9

I honestly thought it was a bug when it first came out because of the "whole aim for the tire thing".
  8. deggy

Guys, this definitely needed another thread. There's no way there are any other threads on the topic.
    • Up x 2
  9. DeadLamb

game balance..
    The harasser is built around a very fast hit and run style of game play that can't be done if it has directional weakness. The speed comes at the cost of not being able to hold ground against anything other then a flash.

Where as the tank is more of a siege like device that holds ground vs anything due to massive fire power. The rear weakness forces them to stick around team support to keep rolling and protect their back side. The rear weakness is also not as much of a liability as it would be to a Harasser being a MBT is too slow to move in and out of the other team's gear.

it's a pretty good system if everyone worked at a team.
    The main problem right now is too many act as if the game should be 100% balanced around 1vs1 gear battles. Over looking that it's a combined arms game looking to have 100+ people fighting each other in some given area.. Many also seem to ignore that it's a video game where even the core laws of physics are totally made up BS but some how this or that gear being able to whatever is wrong being "...... in real life". :rolleyes:

we must get a new QQ Harasser thread every other day now. It's bizarre being no new ground is being covered at all and Harasser not even that hard to deal with in the first place for a good sundy/MBT crew....

get some gunners, mount an AV top gun if you can and stick around your team for support and the bulk of Harasser issues go away.. Anything else is playing right into the hands of the Harasser crews looking to do what the Harasser was put into the game for in the first place. As in picking off solo gear with out support.
  10. Trebb

You actually have one of the best options as Vanuuuu: ZoE Max + dual Comets. You can kill a harasser in under 2.5 seconds!
  11. Shadowyc

Sadly, the Harasser, once you max out Composite Armor, seems to resist Infantry weaponry by around 93%...and a lot of the anti-vehicle weaponry take about 30 seconds and up to clear one out. By the time you've tapped one, it's probably gunned you down, ten of your buddies likely doing the same thing, and ignores the damage anyway since it can move faster than a large number of the missiles. :L Or just repair itself on the move. Which makes only two possible solution to clearing one out...another Harasser. Or multiple MBT's all barring down on it. Even then, it might win against the tanks.
  12. Chipay

The only thing a harasser doesn't have a high chance to win against are MBT's (2/2 that is) and other harassers.
    It kills flashes
    it ***** lightnings beyond believe
    it kills sunderers about as fast as a 1/2 MBT

Beyond that,
    it's the fastest ground unit
    It has almost the same amount of effective health as a Lightning
    it can repair on the move.

This thing is a glorified lightning with ESAVs
    • Up x 1
  13. Brahma2

ESAVs are ******* trash, all 3... the more you know.
  14. Chipay

Yes, that's why i see so many vulcan-h harassers 2 clipping my sunderer
  15. Xasapis

Actually Vortexes are vastly superior at killing Harassers than Comets. Comets are as good at hitting a Harasser as a dumpfire missile, you'll hit one that is going slow, but you won't land anything at one that moves unpredictably (not necessarily fast).

(I had the best chance at using Comets to kill Harassers that tried to road kill me. That made their movement very predictable)
    • Up x 1
  16. Chipay

With a velocity slower or equal to the Harasser's top speed? i don't think so. Lockdown+Fractures however....
  17. MajiinBuu

My favorite combo :)
    I tried that once, downed by a vulcan in under a second.
  18. DeadLamb

that has nothing to do with my statement about game balance and why the Harasser has no rear weakness.

The game is sort of balanced around a system of attack and hold.. not just 1 vs 1 fights.. Being again, the game is meant to be a 100+ person battles, not your tank vs my Harasser at some empty base.

Put a Harasser on the bridge to the C point for the Crown and tank will back hand it out of it's defense position every single time.. A sundy with gunners using even the default guns will back hand a harasser away from the point every single time with zero effort due to focus fire. Even just a few HA will shoo it away in a few seconds.

it just can't hold ground against anything other then a flash.. Oh it can operate in a hit and run "area" and keep coming back over and over annoying everyone at some given base. Harasser can also kill solo gear that is away from the herd/zerg with out much issue. It should, it's the entire purpose of the Harasser in the first place. Forcing people to group up for support and move down the lattice lines.

It's all about roles.. one of hit and run (no rear weakness) or siege like ground holding that need some sort of weakness to force some movement or the need for more support.

but that's why Harasser don't have a rear weakness and a tank does.. Part of the problem is that as I have said in other thread SOE also decided to pretty much let everyone kill tanks. Welcome to PS2, go kill a tank. So it does play a little havoc with the "role balance" being as the tank is holding it ground it's also under attack from everyone but snipers.
  19. Roxputin

20. DashRendar

I sometimes think that if MBTs had their rear armor multiplier taken away and instead receive side armor resistance or maybe just below side armor resistance for the rear, Harassers would be perfectly balanced and a fun addition to the game. But that may have other unintended consequences... like people pulling numerous tanks... in a combined arms game. Oh noes!