Infiltrators complaining? Let's nerf them abit more.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Scan, Oct 16, 2013.

1. A 59 c

SOE, you are breaking my heart here :( please change the camo coverage back to how it was.

Functionally, I don't think the camo coverage changes do that much to help recognize infiltrators at all.
    Was anyone complaining about this anyway..? It is not difficult to recognize the different fraction infiltrators - or any of the other classes for that matter - they have completely different body shapes and unless you are a n00b, you can diferentiate them easily.
    What's next? Will Max units have to carry a big plackard saying "Beware, I'm the max thingy".
    We did not need this change.

Aesthetically, I think the camo changes looked BAD.
    The NC infiltrator with camo + composite/skull helmet was one of the best looking classes in the game - he looked a mean SOB! Now his blue legs look daft. The VS with his purple legs are similarly daft looking.
    I don't even play infiltrator so much these days but I still want to see good looking infiltrators - friendly or enemy - as I play Planetside 2.

TLDR, SOE please change camo coverage back - we do not need it in game but more importantly it looks bad
    • Up x 3
  2. FoxGhost

My two cents on this: people tend to forget that camo in this game is and always has been meant to be purely cosmetic, and in no way functional! I that regard, toning it down a little, especially for VS, isn't that bad of an idea. It's just fair, considering the differences between VS and, say, TR in that regard. And yes, I have been playing VS infiltrator a lot. I still think it's a good thing.

Overall, what I've seen of it by now, it's really not that big of a deal. For VS, the purple is really dark, so if you're using any dark camo, it's not even gonna make a difference anyway. Yeah, Esamir Snow is gonna suck a little, but then again, it wasn't really great in the first place, and never meant to be.
    I haven't seen the changes for NC yet because I really didn't care when I logged in to get my certs, but I can understand when people don't like it if it really looks that silly. As long as it's that, I can see the point. As soon as we start talking about camo effectiveness, I don't, for the previously stated reason.

Oh and for TR... well, relax, the change is barely noticeable, and it sucked before anyway. :D
  3. Scan

Not meant as being functional?

Wasn't there a SoE promotion thing for camo going on not too long ago, in which they advised to get the right camo, for the right enviroment?

The camo comes in colours that match the different landscapes, as well as purely cosmetic ones. The ones matching were damn well meant as being functional, and I often relied on that functionality to sit still in plain sight, as my cloak was recharging, if I had no other option.

With the changes, and this goes for NC especially, they added another feature that makes it a little easier to spot Infiltrators, stacked on top of a whole bunch of small features aimed towards the same goal.

Now, if they could produce a good argument or reason for this, I might have abit of understanding, but this just comes out of the blue. No reasons, no explanation, just "nerf Infiltrator camo" , going completely against what the Infiltrator community is asking for : an Infiltrator that is better at Infiltrating.

Why? Are Infiltrators overpowered? Are Infiltrators over represented? Are Infiltrators really that hard to counter?

No.

So why these constant nerfs?
    • Up x 4
  4. m44v

I see no pictures. I want to laugh and cry over NC's "baby blue hotpants".

Anyway, we already have freaking lights everywhere, a bit of coloured paint can't make it worse.
  5. Topher

1: Suggestion
    2: Doesn't make it brighter, just less camo shows up
    3: More dark colors for the TR and VS, not sure about the NC.
  6. DeathSparx

This is essentially the nicer version of what I or anyone else for that matter is going to say. And because this quote sums the point already I'll be brief:

Quite simply, I'm just really mad about this change and I want it reverted. It wasn't necessary at all. The other gripe I have is why is this nerf infiltrator specific? Why do the other classes get to keep their camo coverage but infiltrators lose a lot of it?

So for the time-being, I have to deal with the fact that it kinda hurts my eyes to look at my infiltrator because it's no longer aesthetically pleasing to see and functionally I'll have a harder time being stealthy because my STEALTH SUIT no longer works as advertised... -_-
    • Up x 2
  7. Astraka

I agree with what they're doing in principal, but am really disappointed by their implementation. Purchased camouflage should be exactly how it is for the TR units - aesthetically pleasing while maintaining hints of faction color. The baby blue hot pants & sports bra however is absolutely dreadful looking, and completely makes the fifty plus dollars I've spent for camouflage a waste. It isn't that I don't like the idea of faction color being present regardless of the camo (as I've always felt that this was important), but what they did just looks goofy for the NC.

What they needed to do in my opinion is instead add some faction color to all of the camouflages, so that regardless of what you pick you have a little bit of red, blue, or purple/teal on you. It would be more work for the art team, but it would be a lot better than what we have now. Again, good idea in principal, awful implementation.
    • Up x 1
  8. Epicstrat

Also, my green Amerish camo that I've been wearing for ages now... Yeah. It looks like crap with the sky blue NC leggings. Can we at least hava a darker shade of blue because SOE is currently affecting the items that I purchased with my money to make my character look aestheticly pleasing. Right now I can't wear any camo, they are all terrible with that blue color. I know I can't get my 2000 SC back at this point but, damn, I wish I never bought a camo for each continent right now. They all look awful with the blue legs. I went through then store too. There are very few camos that look decent with the new camo coverage. Pretty much if it has colors other than white, black, or faction color (all NC camos are a different shade of blue too, which is off putting) it is a huge NO in terms of aesthetics. Right now I prefer no camo at all to any camo.
    • Up x 3
  9. DeadliestMoon

Don't you think you're exaggerating a little?
  10. Astraka

He's really not. The baby blue hot pants & sports bra makes every camo aside from the Urban Forest look goofy. It isn't like the rest of the NC character models or all of the TR's, where the faction colors do not really clash with the camo. What kills me is that all of the 'faction specific' camouflages, like the Digital or the Loyal Solider, look silly too. Every camo you can buy aside from the Urban Forest would be a complete waste of money if you care about aesthetics at all in my opinion. What's worse is that the Urban Forest isn't exactly a great looking camo either.
    • Up x 2
  11. DeadliestMoon

Well yeah it looks goofy, but does this change deserve threats of not paying or the devs being called incompetent? (they really are not, they try their best and yet there's people who'll always complain)
  12. Astraka

Well, to be honest I myself probably won't be buying any more camouflage unless they make more with baby blue in it like the Urban Forest, which is unlikely. In that respect (and in that respect alone) I too will not be paying the Devs any longer.
    • Up x 2
  13. DeadliestMoon

And you reserve that right.
  14. nubery

Yay, now I have ******** blue overalls. Seriously ********.

We WANT to blend it, being TK'd for it means it's working. Stop 'infil' proofing us. We need to be ABLE to actually infiltrate.
  15. RobotNinja

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  16. Wayfar

Hah!

Yeah its like... A dev plays the game one night, then something happens (enemy flanks them because they look so friendly), they rage, and make changes.
    • Up x 1
  17. Clandestine

Devs you just made Camo useless on infiltrators, your camo sales are going to drop, recent statistics show that the majority of gamers are 18-49 of age(www.esrb.org) that's where the money is on mature players and mature players don't want this silly stuff. I was thinking on buying more camo now I'm not so sure. The big feature on infiltrators is stealth and you killed it putting a bra on it, lets hope they listen and get ride of this.

Also SOE this is not ethical we paid for a product and now its being changed to something different for no reasonable cause, I get the nerfs on weapons to maintain balance but on camo??

You have a good game here lets keep it that way and the money will still be flowing.
    • Up x 3
  18. Clandestine

19. Clandestine

20. CuteBeaver

Woah... Those poor NC.... That looks just horrible. No real defined shape or bling. Its just so icky and boring. What did they do to that POOR NC's FACE!. I just don't understand why they didn't remove TR stripes or decrease the red instead of butchering the artistic flare of the infiltrator class.

At least the VS has slightly tasteful bandaids. As an artist the color choice is rather bland a limits what camo's look good. Someone also took black sharpie and outlined our VS chest symbol so we cannot hide the teal anymore like I was doing in the older picture. Then they gave us neck color on the stripes 3 in the front and one on the back of the neck. Previously these were black. Allot of our black fabric on the body was changed to this muted purple color. We might have gotten glowy green dots on the back of the knee area but I cannot be sure. I don't often look there lol.

This whole thing seems kinda silly to me. Did they change TR too?

VS (Old)
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2j2e06t&s=5#.Ul-VGvklBBM

Vs (New)
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2e3ocn5&s=5#.Ul-VfvklBBM