Some Observations I've Made while Fighting DA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Megaman3300, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Tristan

So you're falling back on the tried and true 'Facts don't contradict the bible' type of argument, eh?
  2. ChicoFuerte

Who wouldn't jump out before they explode?
  3. EliteEskimo

That may be hard to come by in your case because one's definition of "bad" is greatly encompassing when one is a gamer elite and/or makes use of vehicles only in the most opportune moments instead of all the time including the worst situations where your MBT's odds of surviving are little to none?

For instance I've been called bad because I have low XP/Minute even though I don't have a subscription, don't use boosts, and drive my Prowler in situations where my job is to merely cover the flank's of our infantry or hold a position which may see enemy resistance. I would rather blow up a Sunderer than get 20 quick kills of the infantry around them and boost my XP/Minute or KPH, and don't enjoy shelling a spawn even though I'm constantly accused of doing that what seems like 100% of the time by DA members which I've destroyed many of in Saron Harassers.

I've been called bad because my accuracy is low, even though I regularly shoot at Aircraft with using HEAT Shells Unanchored and try to fire at Harassers moving at top speed. Does is reduce my overall accuracy? Naturally, but do I care when I bring down the DA Harasser that thought it was going to escape? nope.:cool:

I've been called bad when showing kill streaks consisting of 60-0 over the course of hours, even when that consisted of taking my MBT in Platoons vs Platoons Battle that a MBT had little to no chance to survive in. Or assigned to try and support our infantry when other Prowlers are being blown up all around me and I'm normally the last Prowler on the Battlefield along with Phyrgen outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1 in terms of other armor and infantry.

I think what he's trying to say is that how can you compare the stats when he's using his Magrider constantly, including situations where he will likely die, to you using your Magrider only when the time is perfect to do so. I've only had the chance to fight Deggy once in a 2/2 Vs 2/2 1V1 Battle, and based on the flanking and tactics he was using against me I would say his stats don't do him great justice.
  4. deggy

When I'm getting killed by a tank, I prefer to possibly fire that ONE LAST SHOT instead of jumping out since a single AP round takes 1/5-1/8 of a tank's health. That last shot could save my tank, and on a reload cycle as short as the Mag's I can sometimes fire two before the enemy (a Vanguard, perhaps) is reloaded. Not jumping out when on fire actually gets me quite a few kills I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

Besides, I'm usually in the middle of nowhere. All jumping out would do is delay the inevitable.

I also try to find gunners that won't bail on me when the health bar goes red, but that's a bit harder :p
    No, I'm going with the tried and true "You don't know how someone plays until you see how they play" argument.
  5. Tristan

... And yet you used this as your reason for having a low KD.

6. deggy

Yes, because everyone whose tank I kill is EXACTLY like me. And I never kill a tank that was trying to get back into the shield and took an unlucky rear shot. Just because I'm out in the middle of nowhere doesn't mean my targets are. Rolling with the zerg isn't a viable tactic for a vehicle that has maxed-out Stealth.

If I wanted a good KDR, I'd have one. I can farm infantry like nobody's business. It's just not FUN like sneaking up behind an enemy tank and unloading an FPC+Saron volley, setting them on fire, and watching them squirm helplessly for 3.25 seconds while the main gun reloads.
  7. Ender

I find doing that incredibly entertaining myself :D. Eskimoooooo, we're coming for youuuu
  8. Van Dax

When I want to farm infantry I use my shredder lib, regularly pull 15+ kills per pass over. (thanks xonecell you're a great pilot)
    When I want to hunt vehicles I use my ap mag(and xonecell or my dad(jecmar) gun, bless him), I have a full blown custom map of the continents with special routes marked on it. I locate armour groups, I decide on a strategy and I kill 3+ tanks before dying to a harasser (its the inevitable fate of a stealth mag, no where to retreat and you're surrounded) and maybe a get an infantry kill or two.

This is why my fpc accuracy is 49% and I have a lame k/d with a mag over my lightning. One playstyle is not the end all be all and is why I don't choose to compare myself to say elite eskimo's, klypto's or phrygen's stats. To do so would be pointless posturing. I, like deggy fight to the bitter end and I hold my gunners to the same standard.
  9. ChicoFuerte

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  10. Liberty

When a larger outfit manages to accomplish things without throwing its size around, you'll likely find respect. I'd love to see an "elite" larger outfit who could split its forces off to where it consistently would bring less people than the opposition and still manage to win. They'd have nothing but kind words from me, sadly as someone who mostly goes after fights where I'm on the under popped side I *NEVER* see this.
    • Up x 1
  11. deggy

If I'm online when you do this...

PM me ;)
  12. Giggily

A true cyber samurai goes down with the ship.
  13. ChicoFuerte

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  14. ChicoFuerte

Now I want to make a DA montage video to this song of us just killing Prowlers and Vanguards.
  15. jak

What does it mean when I have an A* KPH and an F-- VKPH in my mag? :\
    • Up x 1
  16. EliteEskimo

1. A long standing tradition of BWC is to not ghost cap, avoid the TR Zerg(and usually AOD:p), and look for good fights in general. We regularly find ourselves in battles where we are outnumbered or are at least evenly matched and win. That's facing outfits like DA, NNG, DA, GOTR, and sometimes multiple of them at once. If you go to the under popped side of battles I wouldn't expect to find us there unless for some reason you got there late and other TR outfits are there as well. We try to be the first ones to the battle and we go from there. I'm actually surprised you "NEVER" seen us be tactical or win against superior numbers, we're typically on for Ops on Tuesdays and on Fridays when we're out in full force. We're on during prime time. That's when you'll find us. (write that last part down Ender;))

2. When I am in the warp gate I get 18-25 FPS, in small-medium battles I get 15-25, and in large battles I get 10-15 FPS. This is also with stuttering that causes my tank to often teleport across the screen for other people in my squad. I doubt you have the same issues as someone playing on a back to school laptop and who is somehow able to run a game on a system that doesn't even come close to what is required to run the game on minimum settings.:oops:

3. Ya I don't know what to tell you about that as I've killed numerous DA members at least once and the only one I know I haven't killed yet for a fact is Ender. Individual DA members often avoid me after I kill them the first time with my Prowler or come back with a Saron Harasser, and I can't really recall a single time I've killed one twice in row other than maybe Jak back in our old dueling days.:D At one point I had killed Jak 5-7 times and he had killed me at least 3 times , which is quite rare since the only other person to really hold that honor was Thundahawk back when tanks could be Instagibbed by Rocket Pods in 1.5 seconds. It was quite the epic clash of Elite Tanker Vs Elite Light Assault that me and Jak had. Sadly Jak rarely gets on during prime time anymore, but he's a family man and one of the only members of DA who is consistently honorable and polite so I can respect that.:cool:

4. Keep in mind that BWC's Rampage, Armor Task Force, normally only consists of 4-6 MBT's with a Mix of 1/2-2/2 and an Ammo Sunderers and 2-3 Skyguards. It really wouldn't be that hard for you to try to engage us in the middle of a big Platoons vs Platoons battle especially considering Magriders are the Stealth hit and run tanks with Magburner. Also considering most DA members are between BR 80-100 I'm sure you could all afford fully certed Magriders. I would also appreciate you not calling BWC a zerg fit as we normally have a single Private Platoon up with 1-3 squads to spare if it's a friday. We all use teamspeak and have multiple leaders and task force leadersing relaying commands and feedback to eachother. So unless your idea of a Zerg fit is an outfit that can field a Platoon we don't fit that definition.

5. Your experience does not sound like one of BWC, as our task force is always running either HEAT or AP during Operations. As for rushing a room then throwing a revive grenade I'm not sure I can relate since when I'm in a Max that hasn't occurred for me, but I will say considering how OP the ZOE Max is fully certed I wouldn't hold it against anyone to use such tactics.

Secondly, if there is one point to take and you have secured everything around the point why would you not make use of numbers if they are available? I know DA doesn't have this option easily available to them since they run like 12 guys Max, but if BWC has 24-48 guys to your 12 and you have got ZOE MAX up or a secured position do you expect us to fight you one at a time or as the team that we are?

6. I think you are correct in some ways but mistaken in others. You are correct that in bigger outfits that the skill requirements are lower, in BWC we basically require that players respect the chain of command guidelines, and be respectful to all players in the game on top of doing some different training sessions based on what you're interested in doing.

At the same time it takes a whole different kind of skill to properly utilize the numbers you have at your disposal. Unless of course you are suggesting that there is no difference between the level of efficiency in the use of numbers between outfits like GOTR and RGQT or BWC and AOD. The difference is in overall organization, utilization of proper tactics and basic ones like flanking, ability to obey and execute commands when asked, and efficiency in fighting in an outnumbered fight makes BWC stand out among other outfits on Mattherson. We have our individual stars like Phrygen who is probably the best tanker on Mattherson, or Mustarde who is an MLG level Infiltrator, but overall BWC consists of various skill levels of players.
  17. Flapatax

It means you're playing the game right. See signature.

Rest assured he will face disciplinary action for misrepresenting DA and damaging our public standing.
  18. Giggily

Please use the best dubstep remix you can find.
    • Up x 1
  19. Phrygen

Fielding a platoon daily at least is what I would say is notable. 24 is about the largest I have seen a DA squad get and it isn't often. When i was active, you guys at 4-10 people on average online at any given time.

Your outfit is small, you wont make a significant difference in population numbers. If transferring your outfit doesn't help to fix or address a population issue, why would SOE transfer you? Blatant favoritism? You already have waterson alts. If playing on waterson means that much to you guys, play your alts like everyone else has to. I don't care if SOE transfers you guys personally, but I don't see why they would. I am also all for open server transfers, or even restricted server transfers, but that doesn't mean I think it is going to happen.

I faced DA in game enough to know the plan, and its a respectable one. Drop in somewhere, get as exciting a fight as possible for your team, get lots of kills, quickly leave when victory comes or things go south. Base you were defending/attacking goes back to the way it was before DA showed up. You guys do it well, but that doesn't mean it will have a notable effect on a server.

Lasly, i know i have declined to watch your twitch stream before, and i'll respectfully decline again. I could stand to watch buzz for about ten minutes on twitch because the old enclave stream was chaotic and amusing at times, and it was interesting watching the zergs movements being controlled. Beyond that watching planetside 2 is almost always a waste imho. I love to watch e-sports, PS2 doesn't fit the bill currently.

The M is based on accuracy.... Rather meaningless for players who spend all their times in tanks. suppressing fire, shooting at aircraft (most enjoyable thing for me these days).... accuracy goes down and isn't all that important to begin with. The "MLG score" ends up being rather irrelevant for vehicles. In fact, I remember Ender saying so himself. The KPH in a vehicle ends up reflecting if you are the type of player who ditches his tank once its not getting kills, or if you are dedicated to tanking and will take your tank and drive it to a new battle, a play style difference you have made your feelings on abundantly clear. Keep trolling though... you do excel at it.

and in case you were wondering, Planetside 2 gets a big F-- for MLG ready.
  20. Ender

You fell back into that, "This game is trash, there's not much hope, but I don't play much" mentality pretty quick. That's too bad really because this game has so much to offer. I can see why you would have that viewpoint of the entire game though, given it's mostly outside looking in.

Here is my reply in terms that you can understand better.

• Up x 2