Some Observations I've Made while Fighting DA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Megaman3300, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Tristan

What does the FPC have to do with it? You have almost as many FPC kills as you do PC kills, and your effectiveness with the magrider is still horrible. Meanwhile, my FPC doesn't even show up on this stats site because it doesn't track weapons with less than 100 kills.
  2. Navus

i knew tristan was a lazy %$^&, but damn he doesnt support his empire in capping bases at all...what a tool
  3. deggy

The FPC has better accuracy, more score, fewer hours, more kills/min, more headshots, higher headshot ratio. You name it, the FPC is better at it. Unless it's kills. The PC is an AI gun, the FPC is an AP gun.

It's almost like you took the gun you found with the worst stats. That, or you just don't know what an AP round is.
  4. Giggily

My Planetside Intel impact is over 700. I would like it if the developer multiplied all impact values by about 13. It would really help my immersion.
  5. Ender

Huh? Extreme menace bonus is not exclusive to the tank itself, though they are more apt to have accumulated enough points to reach that level than most infantry I guess. You could one shot an infantry that's an extreme menace for 1,000 XP. Pride is relevant to the individual though. DA takes pride in holding off 3x our numbers for as long as possible, which is worth more to us on an individual level than running down a tank.

To each their own though, i'm not knocking that style of play. I enjoy using my Magrider every once in awhile, even though the harasser and AP lightning seem to be far more effective. Give me spidermag back and i'll be in a Mag all day.... for a couple weeks :) haha
  6. ChicoFuerte

stats.dasanfall.com which pulls and filters the existing API. The code is all the work of 50SHADESOFPURPLE and it compares and shows you more information on everything you'd ever want to know. It really shows you how you stack up to everyone using the same stuff.

Can't compare your tank stats to Tristen as he doesn't have enough kills with the FPC or VPC. But here's yours

Deggy:
    [IMG]
  7. Tristan

Again, it doesn't track weapons with less than one hundred kills, but here you go. The top section is me. The bottom section is you.

[IMG]

How does it feel knowing that someon with 12 hours in a magrider, and disrespected 'dedicated tankers', is better than you?
  8. deggy

Yeah, people don't seem to realize that I have no objection to footsloggers. If you wanna play infantry, I'll do my best to keep HE Prowlers off your backs.

I object to certain weapons (MANA AV Turret) since they're downright unfair. I also object to certain mechanics (render range) because they tend to compound the power of the weapons I think are unfair.

But no, I don't have a problem with infantry at all. I know you guys are better at what you do than I am. But I also like to think I'm better at what I do (Magride, Magride EVERYWHERE) than you guys are.
  9. EliteEskimo

I'll admit that the reason I play as a Tanker and Max revolves around 2 main reasons, 1. I play with stuttering 15-25 FPS on low settings and thus am not able to make use of my infantry skills gained from CSS or Battlefield 2142 which I was good at due to twitch skills and aiming. 2. I've always been on skilled side when it comes to using Tanks in combined arms games, and since that part of the game is where FPS matters the least in Planetside 2 (Due to the higher TTK of vehicles and Maxes) I choose that so I could still participate in this game. So I use a Tank and Max and became as useful as possible given the limitations at hand.

That being said Tristan being a Tanker is only as boring to play or unhelpful to your team as you choose to make it based upon what you do in your tank. As someone who regularly goes into the middle of big battles alongside BWC infantry in a MBT where DA, GOTR, SG, and BAX are presently fighting I regularly manage to get between 20-60 Kill streaks while doing things such as focusing on taking out battle critical Sunderer's, not farming the infantry around them, and fighting against other tanks and Harassers. Both myself and Phyrgen have taken out many of your DA Harassers before, though in my entire gameplay experience I never see you guys pull a 2/2 Magrider, and I don't seem to recall in recent memory of DA ever pulling several vehicles at once.

Normally I encounter you using AV Turrets and Lancers beyond render distance, and naturally that's hard to fight back against in a tank, or ZOE Comet Maxs which are just as if not more OP than Fracture Maxes ever could be against vehicles. This isn't to say that you couldn't choose to fight in Magriders and show off your skill in them, as GOTR regularly does, but you choose not to because the game is currently heavily slanted towards infantry due to Render distance and Render Drop Pod issues and thus it makes the most sense for you to be infantry to take on vehicles the vast majority of the time.

However something that escapes me from time to time is how so many members in DA, Mpal standing out as the strongest example, can show such lack of respect for players in other outfits who accomplish a lot in big battles due to their tactics and organization. These outfits accomplish a lot even though their outfit consists armor and infantry task forces that are not made of entirely best of best players like DA. For instance both GOTR and BWC have armor and infantry divisions and due to their organization with using such numbers are able to make huge impacts in platoons verse platoons battles. Within our task forces we have individually very skilled vehicle users and infantry players. However that doesn't stop DA members calling Mustarde and other skilled players within our outfits names even though they could fit in among DA's elite ranks based upon your recruitment standards.

If you guys ever do go to Waterson I'll miss the competition you've always brought , and the fact I never found Ender:D , but I certainly won't miss the very poor attitude you have consistently show towards larger outfits who accomplish lots on the battlefield even though all their players aren't MLG Pro. There is naturally something good to be said about an outfit consisting of only very skilled players, however there is something to truly respect and admire if that same outfit is respectful of other players who are respectful to them. Hopefully DA will be an outfit I can truly respect and admire someday, and not just acknowledge them as group of greatly skilled players, but until your outfit as a whole manages to maintain the same level of respect and integrity that your leader Ender has I don't see that happening any time soon.
  10. deggy

Well, if 50SHADESOFPURPLE is reading this thread, he should know that that's a REALLY nice Stats site :D

What are the accuracy thresholds? It's looking like <45 is a D, 45-48(?) is a C, and 48(?)+ is a B?
  11. Tristan

When will bad players stop insisting they're not bad and know what they're doing? Because that's when I'll stop giving them a hard time.
    • Up x 1
  12. deggy

What is your problem?

Have you noticed that I'm being perfectly civil to everyone in this thread, and that I haven't insulted you personally or called you "bad" once? Compare that to your own posts.

We have different playstyles. I enjoy my Magrider. I get in it whenever I can. You get into yours when it's going to be effective, which skews your stats upward. Can't you just accept that without trying to bludgeon your way to proving you're a "better player" than I am?
  13. Ender

EE, we're working on something special in-game, just for you and Phrygen! You may even get to see me before you see it ;)

Also, the reason you don't see multiple vehicles is because i'm not on when you play generally. It's mostly freelance stuff until myself or Vonic are online.
    • Up x 1
  14. Tristan

"You get into yours when it's going to be effective"

"You get into yours when it's going to be effective"

Congratulations. You've finally reached the core of it. I wasn't sure it would happen.
  15. Giggily

Woah....
  16. Ender

Deggy, the thresholds are non-existent. The scores are based on where you rank in accordance with all players in the DA database. Or rather, members of outfits on Mattherson, Waterson, Connery, and Miller. A* is top 2.5% of players for the given stat. In the help section it shows you what percentages (relative to all other players with over 100 kills on that weapon) relate to the other grades.
  17. ChicoFuerte

He's put a lot of work into it and it shows. It's the best out there for sure, but it's not ready for public use.

Accuracy is based on player statistics and then graded in different ways. M rank is basically the best in the game (top 0.01%). A* is top 2.5% of all players, etc.

For the FPC, the current accuracy grades are:

M = 74%
    A* = 60-67%
    A++ = 57-60%
    A+ = 55-57%
  18. deggy

Yes, you use your tank when you are guaranteed kills with it. I use mine whenever possible, even if I don't know what I'm facing.

After over a hundred hours in the thing, I'm more prepared to face anything coming at me when I'm in a Magrider.
  19. Tristan

Eskimo, this is what I'm talking about. People just aren't capable of understanding how legitimately useful they are at any given time.

After over a hundred hours in the thing, over a hundred more hours than I have, you have both a lower KDR and Vehicle KDR, the VKDR being the one I would assume you'd care about since you spend all of your time hunting tanks, apparently.
  20. deggy

And I'm guessing that you jump out before you explode. Again, stats don't tell the whole story.