Buff vulcan and striker - TR situation

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kociboss, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Santondouah

Yes it does make sense, as even if these stats lack a lot in accuracy they clearly show that TR strongly prefer Vulcain and Marauder to the Halberd and the Fury, these last two being the favourite weapons of NC & VS. For me this aspect of this chart is relevant
  2. Ozade

Time to get this thread back on track. OP is a 0/10 troll and Proga you should know better :p. Cobalt has (one of) the worst TR over pops at the moment, NC have been bulking up lately which is nice to see, they are usually only 5% behind lately but VS is almost at a constant 25%. That being said for Indar to have gotten that way could have only happened one or two ways and judging by what the current faction situation is like on cobalt and what the population indicator in the picture is saying I'm willing to bet that screen cap was just after an alert on another cont and y'all just redeployed to take it back. Don't suppose you have another screen cap 15 mins or so after when the TR roflstomped their way out and took back their territory with ease? Better still next time provide a series of screen caps with time stamps and not just a one off picture to validate a ridiculous claim.

TL,DR Troll harder.
  3. Torok

I liked the part where you wrote "More Population" as "Best Population"
    gg
  4. LordCreepy

We use the halberd as its superior to the vulcan. TR players just need more time to realize.
    Its not like the whole forum and ingame chat basically scream"use the vulcan"
  5. Dovahkiin

Well sh*t, NC and VS have finally grew brains and attacked the overpop faction. What is this? Must be sorcery.
  6. Kociboss

I think you're just...Beyond.

Keep on living.
  7. LordCreepy

TTK isn't everything, even more so when we are talking about a max. effective range of ~60m .
    vulcan works against infantry on melee range, halberd ohks on any range - your choice.

Saron and enforcer mostly do not perform as well as the vulcan, because they arn't designed for brawl fights and at further distances they get outclassed by the halberd.
  8. Slandebande

Strongly prefer? The difference in total kills of the Vulcan compared to the Halberd is around 25%, not what I would call a strong preference, whilst the Vulcan has 36% more users. Then, on top of that, you see that the higher BR quartile your enter, the better they do with the Halberd compared to the Vulcan. The low ranks are actually doing better with the Vulcan than they would with a Halberd, which makes a bit of sense. My guess would be the popularity of the Vulcan is primarily based in the hands of the less experienced players (and alts/faction-switchers), but they do get markedly less kills compared to the Halberd, on a per user basis.
    You said:
    That implies the Vulcan is better than the Halberd, which it is not, not even according to these statistics which don't mean much. That is the point I was making. The Halberd is the king of the AV secondaries if we are to base anything off of those stats (KPU), at least in experienced hands. Goes along with the higher BR players performing better with the Halberd than with the Vulcan.
    I don't think anyone questions why the Marauder scores higher, but I would still kill for the PPA instead of the Marauder for AI duties on a MBT. For the Harasser it is then of course the opposite.
    Also, yes you can see what some people prefer by looking at the total amount of kills, but to get a feel of how strongly they perform compared to one another we would need to see the other relevant stats. Since we are missing those I will just use KPU instead.
    • Up x 1
  9. Slandebande

The Vulcan has better TTK in certain situations, which rarely happen against any experienced enemies or enemies working together even the slightest. If you let a Vulcan get close, to your rear, and then proceed to let it dump its entire magazine into your rear, you deserve that death, and the Harasser crew simply out-played you. You should've been paying attention, perhaps sticking near allies, and perhaps even learn to aim (the Harasser is quite close if it is a Vulcan-H, which makes it pretty simply to hit). It is also exposed for much longer time periods than the Halberd would, since the Halberd can dive behind cover whilst reloading to great effect. The Halberd is also much better at combating most infantry threats (e.g. infantry peeking out from cover and the likes) which the Vulcan could perhaps engage (with a greater margin for error as you wrote), but never kill as they will duck down into cover. It is the exact same thing with the Enforcer. This goes for vehicles as well.

Any Harasser coming into the effective range of the Vulcan against my MBT, will get flicked away quickly, either smoking or in a burning wreck. The Halberd is just so much more versatile than the situational Vulcan, which is mostly effective against lone wolfs and/or new players.

Also, try attacking an AMS or just a manned sundy with a Vulcan-H, and then try it again with a Halberd. The Halberd is just soooo much more effective than the Vulcan in such a case, perfectly illustrating the weakness' of the Vulcan.
  10. Santondouah

Why are people always talking about high level players ? Most players are not BR>75 and I am quite sure those high BR players do not have any problems dealing with Vulcans and so on. The fact is that when an average player or even a beginner faces a Vulcan he just gets annihilated and on the opposite a "noob" would perform much better with a Vulcan/Marauder than would a "noob" NC or VS with "equivalent" weapons. THAT is the point.

And excuse me, but YES 36% in number of users is a "strong" difference for me.

Beside this, I agree thata Vulcan is not OP but just much too easy to handle, which is counterbalanced with the low skill cap (that makes it less efficient than a Halberd is the hands of an experienced player).
  11. Santondouah

And here we go again ! When will you guys understand that PS2 is not only a game for "experienced" or "high BR" players ? You guys have to think about every single player in order to make the game as pleasant for good players as for the guys who have some hard time
  12. K2k4

OMG what U doin TR?? PUSH PUSH PUSH.
    • Up x 1
  13. Slandebande

It is more effective against other bad people yes. I don't see the problem with it to be honest. The Halberd is much more effective if used correctly, and the Vulcan can be negated completely assuming more or less equal numbers and situational awareness. The Halberd cannot be shut down as easy. Assymetrical balance. I stand by my statement that the Halberd is the end-all be-all AV secondary at the moment. Using anything else (barring the few situations where the Vulcan excels) is sub-par. Also, the Vulcan, as I wrote, is not only rendered less effective by the targets own skill level, but also by the degree of organization of a group. If you are sticking near other allied armor / vehicles as most new / less experienced players do, they should be able to combat the Vulcan just fine. It will destroy them once they leave the pack though. In outfit battles where the fighting is very organized (or should be) the Vulcan can be rendered ineffective.

So according to you, the only balance argument is how the lower-BR players use the weapon and how effective it is in their hands? Last I checked, it was a teamwork-oriented game, and you cannot ignore that in a balance discussion. The Vulcan is rendered ineffective by teamwork.
  14. IamDH

Strength in unity. We either all push or don't push at all

#TR
    • Up x 2
  15. Kociboss

LOL.

Made my day.
  16. Santondouah

I give up on you, suspecting a troll
    • Up x 1
  17. Slandebande

Whatever floats your boat matey.