just installed nvidia beta drivers

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by chadgg, Oct 14, 2013.

1. chadgg

AMD 4-CORE Black FX 4300 3.80 GHz
    Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz
    EVGA GeForce GTX 650 1024MB GDDR5

any tips on making PS2 run smoother? i've tried alot of stuff from the forums. havn't found many people useing my card though.
  2. Dovahkiin

Hold out until October 23 when an optimization patch will be released that will improve your game performance.

In the meantime, turn off shadows, turn Textures up to high or ultra, and unpark your CPU cores.
  3. dr_Fell

I don't believe in so called "performance patch". Some months ago (year maybe ?) I was waiting for something that Sony called performance patch. Performance was told to improve by 50 - 100%, especially on 4-core (like mine). After the patch- performance was even worse (and during next 3 patches it didn't back to pre "performance" patch state). 2 or 3 months later I stopped playing. So You say there is a sequel to the "performance patch" soap opera ? We'll see...
  4. chadgg

can you explain this "cpu unpark". i googled it and a few PS2 threads camep up about downloading some software for it.
  5. chadgg

nvm, i read about it. don't think i'll be messing with this considering i'm useing a stock cpu fan with no other cooling in my case besides the cpu fan and back fan.
  6. Dovahkiin

7. blueangleofdeath

Sometimes raising the settings high makes the game run better like setting it on high or ultra because they're more optimized. Does your frame rates switch between cpu and gpu? If it sticks to cpu more in small areas then raising your setting should help out.
  8. LordMondando

They have spent a significant amount of time, re-writing significant amounts of the game engine, as opposed to tweaking how it works.

That being said, with a Phenom II and 4 gig of ram, don't expect miracles. 60fps come rain nor shine is relatively unlikely. A improvement there should be however, though given PS2's and windows combined ram hungryness, there i'd say thats more of an issue out of the two.