2 Months away for a break (too much rage)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CruelStriker, Oct 13, 2013.

1. CruelStriker

Ok as the title says, been away for two months, Is it a good time to return or should I wait a little longer?
  2. IamDH

Come on October 30
    • Up x 3
  3. McGubble

I'd wait longer. Population is still extremely unbalanced, and I'm getting more frustrated playing this game than having fun. I think I'll take a 2 month break.
  4. Ribero

Cobalt is still pretty fun up until around midnight GMT, think the only other thing to note would be the formation of the VS Outfit [1TNC] TheNewConglomerate.

Edit: Oh yeah Esamir got trees and walls and lattice. Though that may have happened whilst you still played, not sure.

But as IamDH says, you'd probably be better off waiting until the 30th October if you can, since that's the expected release date for the first major Optimisation patch.
  5. CruelStriker

Noooo Give me hope!

No, but really, whats happening then...? :eek:
  6. MajiinBuu

Oh man you've missed so much.
    TREES ON ESAMIR! AND WALLS EVERYWHERE!
    • Up x 1
  7. CruelStriker

Ok I saw that travesty... Dear god don't force me away yet MajiinBuu!
  8. IamDH

I don't want to ruin the surprise for you
    but its optimization

Thats why there hasn't been a lot of new content recently
  9. Chipay

Honestly, if you didn't enjoy the game 2 months ago, i'd wait for 2014, when continental lattice, balance, meta game in one way or the other have been added, nothing special has happened atm.
  10. CNR4806

It's the current ETA for the first major optimization patch, though as usual this is subject to SOE time AKA delays after delays.
  11. UberBonisseur

12. uhlan

If you have been frustrated by the game in the past, you will continue to be frustrated by the game now and in the future.

As resources for the game decrease, fewer issues will be resolved.

I am still hopeful that the devs have the full faith of SOE behind them.

Historically, however, this doesn't tend to be true.

I could be wrong, in fact, I hope I am, but I think the game has been developed with the PS4 in mind and all that this entails.
  13. Dovahkiin

You need to come back October 23-24. That's when the first optimization patch is coming and it should improve performance of the game a lot. Also, they talked about doing VERY special deals and other things around the November 20th time, as that will be the anniversary of PS2.

Other than these two big things, there is nothing special happening until Q1 2014 when warpgate locking, battle islands, resource revamp, and Hossin will released.

You really should come back now to get back the feel of the game and save up enough certs to buy the exclusive items that will most definitely be available around Novemeber 20th.

At the very least you should log in to your TR, NC, and VS character and play for 5-10 mins, you will get a 3 day 50% XP boost at the end of each week if you do.
  14. EMP1RE

Come back at the end of the month ;]
  15. CruelStriker

What is this...? Please explain more! Do I need to go on all three or just one?
  16. RobotNinja

Looking at your killboard, it looks like you like to charge headfirst into everything without a lot of support or any at all. You get repeatedly killed by the same players almost one after the other and you kill yourself a lot it seems too. If you're getting killed by the same guy repeatedly (not snipers) you're doing blind charges into the exact same spots where you just got killed.

Perhaps, it's not the game...maybe you need to rethink your tactics. I notice you're not part of an outfit either. Perhaps, you should try playing in a squad, platoon or outfit instead of trying to charge across the whole of Auraxis by yourself?
  17. Purg

I'm waiting - had piles of games banking up since 95% of my time went to PS2 since Beta. Played the odd 10 minutes stints here and there. Sadly, I'm a subscriber and a lot of that time has been lost not reaping the bonuses or the passive certs. I'll let it lapse this Nov, maybe sub again if I can see myself playing like I did.

I'm still very keen on the game, don't want to get burnt out before more meaningful content and game play changes get implemented. Performance wasn't that bad for me, on high/ultra was getting 45 in big fights, upwards of 100 when there wasn't a big fight.
  18. Czuuk

I hear we're going to be pleasantly surprised about what happens on the one year anniversary. From what I heard about the most recent Command Center, "some things we've been waiting for."

I'm hoping for banana camo and lumifibre pants. ;)
  19. Larolyn

You play VS on Cobalt and don't want to play? What's the matter? Don't you like winning alerts or something?
  20. Dovahkiin

It's part of the World Domination Series, also known as WDS. The winning team every week get a 50% 3-day XP boost. The winning team so far has been TR only. You win by capturing and holding territories. At this point, you only have to log-in to TR for 2 minutes or so to get the reward, but they plan to change that in the future. You should log into all 3 characters for now to ensure you get the reward. After getting the reward it will appear on your notifications panel and will be redeemable on any character of yours.

This is only the pre-season so far, so when the actual thing starts, the rewards will be better, and the scoring system will be fairer.