Reaver pilots, Does the air hammer still suck?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Torok

I'll take this thread to ask a question of Mine, what's the difference between the default Mustang nosegun and the Vortek?
    It's all about magazine size? the more I look at the stats tab the less I understand, nor I want to bother certing into it yet :D

Is it viable? Is it playable when compared to the Vortek for AI/AA/AV?

any ACE out there care to share his thoughts?
    I have no idea what it's role might be.
  2. Handsi

I like my air hammer a lot too.

Others here have said it and I just want to reiterate: If a good pilot gets distance on you in a dogfight; you're dead. I think stealth is a necessity and I am at a mix up between Speed frame to get close/faster acceleration or Dogfighting as the extra turning up close gives nice lead time to get those shots in when up close and spinning around each other.

One thing I would love SOE to do just as a quality of life improvement is to make the airhammer automatic firing. Keep the same fire rate but just don't make me click a billion times :p
    • Up x 1
  3. y3ivan

well vulcan does not seem to be affect by this.
  4. Fredfred

It already has the full auto icon on the bottom left corner.
  5. Axehilt

What do you mean?

It seems like the Vulcan proves exactly what I'm saying, that synergy has very little to do with it and that powerful stats, versatility, and firing method are by far the bigger factors.

But in both cases they're fairly close-ranged weapons and putting them on a faster vehicle will create better synergy.

Certainly if we imagine the C85 or Air Hammer balanced as holistically powerful as the Vulcan against their respective targets, including things like magazine size, then we're talking about pretty sizable buffs to each weapon (moreso for the C85 than the AH)