Fix 4th factioning: 1 character per server or 24 hour lock.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname6587, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Badname6587

This needs to be done. I realize that people can make new accounts, but if they want to go to all that trouble, go right ahead. They wont be able to share NS weapons and any money spent on 1 faction will have to stay there if they want to 4th faction on the same server. The other option would be a 24 hour lock from changing between characters on the same server.

Now, if you want multiple faction access.. play on another server than the character you have on your existing server. The 4th factioning problem swings the player base population by 10-20% to the OP faction (TR).

Also, I suggest that all outfit leaders start removing all 4th factioners from your outfits. It just an epic bit of clown gamership that people have this need to switch to the OP/winning faction. Grow some balls and gut it out with the guys you roll with.
    • Up x 1
  2. Teegeeack

Worse than the 4th factioners are the people who complain that the game isn't enjoyable because their faction is overpopulated or express some joy when the stars align and they are beaten in alerts. Lots of TR players on the forums express this opinion, expecting some sort of sympathy, when they could easily switch factions. Join VS or NC. Their problem is that simple. But they won't do that.
  3. HooWoo

Definitely not 1 character per server, AU players will have to play on ****** pings if they ever want to have 2 characters of different factions.
    • Up x 3
  4. Badname6587

Agreed - I have no idea why people would want to be apart of a crazy OP and overpopulated faction.. grow a set, join the NC.
  5. Badname6587

Then make AU the exception. The rest of us don't need to play in the mess of 4th factioning just because of AU. Leave AU the way it is.. and fix it for EU and US.
  6. Luighseach

The problem with your plan is what about the people like me that play NC almost exclusively but like to play TR/VS every once in a while. I like to log on and duel my outfit mates in ESFs. I like to play with people that I have meet on the other side that were nice.

They already opened up the gates to allow it and their really is no good way to stop it. Also what if I decided to play VS and TR. I get bad latency and have to play on the East coast servers. Am I supposed to sacrifice already bad latency to play on the West coast server for one of those characters.

Also your plan would backfire when everyone starts playing the one faction that is most populated on that server. You would theoretically see 50% to 60% of one pop because people would rather play on the winning faction.

Also what about people who make new accounts just to have characters on the same server. The only downfall would be no camos or NS weaponry that you bought with SC.
  7. BITES

Not really ... Been playing on "US" servers since Markov .. and now Connery ... no real complaints.

Blaming a minor increase in latency (not jitter .. thats the real killer) is a fools crutch for their badness.

I do however agree with the lock .... I mean its not that hard to create/add a small line of text to any number of ini files which contains:
    LastPlayed: NC@08/10/13@2200

Game engine then references that file and does the following:
    If Current time !=24 Hours
    Then Allow <FACTION> only.
    Else
    Continue/select as per normal.

Easy.
  8. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

Maybe just make it so u cannot change factions during alerts !!
  9. KAHR-Alpha

Yeah, we're totally going to leave our outfits and BR 80+ characters just like that... :rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  10. Liquid23

why are people still suggesting this stupid idea... you know we had a 4th faction every bit as large before we even had the ability to create multiple toons on the same server... it's a f2p game with no limit on the number of accounts you can create so this "solution" would solve nothing... not to mention anyone with 2 braincells to rub together who is using their alts to cause real trouble is going to use alternate accounts so as not to get their main toon banned if they get caught
    • Up x 4
  11. WyrdHarper

They should add some kind of loyalty incentive/bonus for playing one faction so that there is an actual benefit to playing on one faction or not switching very often. I can understand why they don't want to punish players for playing how they want (even if, you know, it prevents others from having a positive game experience), but it should make some difference that I've stuck to one character and have stayed loyal to my faction through thick and thin, instead of jumping ship.
    The WDS is a great example of this: Loyal NC and VS get absolutely nothing for remaining true to their factions, but fourth factioners get equal rewards to those who play TR exclusively.
  12. EVILPIG

Terrible idea. All this does is punish players who legitimately play multiple empires.
    • Up x 3
  13. LibertyRevolution

There are not 3 US east servers, so NO.
    I log in my chars all at the same time for my passive certs, so NO.

SOE doesn't care if people play more than 1 faction on the same sever, they merged my characters onto the same sever.

People that play only 1 faction are missing out on 2/3 game..
    • Up x 1
  14. Badname6587

Go to another server if you want to play multiple empires. For this game to go anywhere, SoE will need to find some way to equate the populations and relatively balance the weaponry between the faction characteristics they have. Right now they are about as far away from that obvious goal as possible.

4th factioning ruins the dynamic on every server.
    • Up x 1
  15. Badname6587

Fixed.
    • Up x 1
  16. Owleyes

This obsession with 4th faction is really a mental health issue.

Why does everyone's solution involve punishing the innocent majority?
    • Up x 1
  17. LibertyRevolution

Why?

My TR was made on waterson.
    SOE merged my NC from jeagers to waterson.

I made a VS on waterson, you think I should have made it on Mattherson?
    Think that would have helped out Mattherson at all?
  18. KAHR-Alpha

Go read this already https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ou-who-are-sick-of-4th-faction-alerts.150807/
  19. Pikachu

24 hours? How about 2.
    • Up x 1
  20. Badname6587

The only people currently being punished are those that are loyal to their factions and outfits. These are the people that suffer through the 58% TR 26% VS and 16% NC ****shows like the Esamir alert today on waterson this afternoon.

Do the TR really need 60% pop to be able to win? Heck if I were in NUC or any "respectable" outfit, i'd be embarrassed to be a part of such an OP ridiculousness. If outfits like that wanted to prove they were decent they'd be playing on the side that was underpopulated. That goes for the 100 mossy pilots that roam the skies uncontested because everyone ran to the faction with the easy mode plane - and no striker/lockdown maxes to dodge. Just lame. Fly on the underpopulated factions and really test your mettle as a pilot.