Why Connery NC, as a whole, are horrible.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raraldor, Oct 4, 2013.

1. SNAFUS

May they never change.
  2. Raraldor

Lol, I can't even get my own outfit to follow me, much less an entire faction :p don't know what it is, maybe I'm just too soft spoken
  3. Axehilt

Yeah certainly. Poor leadership on TR is why I barely play my TR character anymore.

I'd like to avoid joining VS because I want to help the game have more interesting, epic fights rather than lopsided slaughters, but it feels like both NC and TR's awful decision-making constantly urges me to just switch to VS who are the only empire on the server who seems to have a clue about the strategic game.

And to be fair, both TR and NC have their key outfits who play smart. But the VS consistently play the strategic game at all times of day, and the TR/NC outfits seem to only be a major factor during primetime (though I do see MERCs quite a lot.)
  4. P0INTMAN

Not ALL nc on connery are terrible, but yes, many are completely worthless. The last few nights I've logged off in frustration because getting anything done with them is about as enjoyable as having my fingernails pulled out of my fingers. Being one of the few people on the island of sanity and decency on NC Connery is frustrating. Id be lying if I said I haven't considered going TR lately.
  5. HadesR

Wouldn't work unless you got other outfit leaders on board anyway .. One person could call the shots but would need cooperation from others so the one leading the " Thursday " battles had a sense of the logistics and what resources he had at his disposal.

Anyone can go in orders and ask for reinforcements for X base .. But they have no clue if enough go or if to many go or none at all. Will only work when we have it organised with

" X leader take your outfit to B base "
    " Y leader we need you on Esamir "
    " Z leader please support X leader "

etc etc etc

You can't organise the solo players and pugs, all you can do if herd them in the general way you want them to go .. It's down to the outfits, the ones that are supposed to be organised to step up .. Not as individuals, not as one outfit , but as a whole.
    To work together
    To put their ego's to one side
    To yes sometimes follow orders from another outfit leader ( Hell can take it in turns to be War lead )

That's not laying the blame on outfits but they being the ones who ARE supposed to be organised ARE the only one who can fix things.
    • Up x 1
  6. Raraldor

I still have too much fun with my outfit to completely switch from NC, but I definitely understand the sentiment. This IS still something that can be fixed though, which is nice. I just don't know how to go about doing it yet.
  7. CommanderShwan

What are we trying for exactly? To win stupid alerts for some Certs or to take real estate that in 10 to 45 minutes from now will be completely forgotten and in the hands of another faction? Garbage I couldn't really care less about. I DO act like the single area I'm in is the only one because I'm here to shoot people, get my certs and log off until maybe this miserable game actually gives long term objectives or motivation instead of "Hey try to take these 8 areas in 2 hours for moar xp!" If that happens then there'd be incentive for more of us to actually knuckle down and start making Outfits and trying actively command and lead. Hell I'd drop at LEAST $500 in various things to make a truly amazing outfit (Website/Voice Server/actual rewards for distinguishing game play/etc.) because I do like to play general in games, but that has zero percent of happening until this game gets it's head out of it's rear and starts delivering on it's promises for rich, deep rewarding game play.

Until that time I'm content on logging on, racking up certs for an hour, and logging off not giving one F*ck about the leadership within Connery NC, and I suspect many others are too.
    • Up x 1
  8. Brahma2

"Why Connery, as a whole, are[is] horrible."

Fixed.
  9. Necron

TR on Connery suck except for a few Outfits(not EXE). As a NC player the only faction I worry about is the VS. They actually DO have decent leadership on Connery. And can get a lot done with less. TR needs a massive zerg to even compete on Connery. My TR toon was my first toon, and I went NC later on because the then Helios TR were so horrible.
  10. P0INTMAN

I've made this opinion public in the past elsewhere, but it boils down to a few things:

Command chat needs an overhaul on a mechanical level. It shouldn't be possible for every 9-13 year old to get on c chat and start screeching while the rest of us are trying to cooperate. That means taking it off of a cert tree that you can get to when you are BR10. You should have to lead squads to gain exp, like in PS1. Likewise, /order should be taken off of a timer and text limit. Lastly, it would be helpful to completely turn off some voip channels instead of simply turning their volumes down (prox, im looking at you).

To expand further with an edit: There are a lot of soloists on NC Connery, they don't enjoy cooperating with others nor do they want to get on voice chat. I think part of the issue is that we simply have a lot of bad players overall with a much smaller core of decent outfits that actually want to get things done.

edit: expanding even further, there are a lot of people on nc connery that want to play PS2 as if it is battlefield, or call of duty, or medal of honor or crysis or whatever other shooter they've played before. They don't 'get' PS2, nor do they get how it is meant to be played (combined arms), and some don't even want to play it how it is meant to be played. So, the rest of us who DO get it are forced to suffer them and carry them, which is only fed by and made worse by other issues (command chat being ineffective most of the time, for example) that while unrelated, don't help any either. All of those people who stand in spawns or the teleport rooms shooting out as if they are pillboxes are the ones that i talk about in specific. They play only for K/D and some vague hope at MLG being something they could get into. (LMFAO at that idea)

edit: So where to go? I don't know. The idea that I (and some others, not exclusive to PG members) have is to slowly try to build up the core of people on NC connery that 'get it' and want to cooperate and get **** done. It will be hard, but it seems to be the only way to go. Make the muscle of the NC more dense, and make it strong, so that the fat either falls in line or eventually gets culled.
    • Up x 1
  11. Earthman

Part of the problem IS the culture of the NC on Connery.

Be smug about it if you like, dear reader, and assume the sides are totally equal when it comes to numbers of awful people, but no, this is not the case. I have a BR32 NC on Connery that was my only character for a fairly long time and since late beta I've noticed a consistent cultural blight that is unique to NC Connery both in intensity and frequency:

Many of them are selfish and obnoxious, using /yell to both whine about how unfair the game is to them ("really? really? Strikers still OP? REALLY?") and at the same time brag about how superior they are while losing territory and getting cert-farmed ("NC is the skilled faction u r all plebs") WHILE ALSO blaming their own team in collective waves: "wow NC r scrubz today" "^^^^^^^^ THIS" "would all the kidz kill themselves and l2p".

Not to mention how many NC loiter around warpgate (all factions have this but NC have it more) and waste a lot of their logged-in time echo-chambering memes back and forth (saying "meow" and ranting about bacon are very common) and playing armchair economist (it is somehow appropiate how many Ayn Rand and Ron Paul cultists occupy NC Connery and try to convert people).

So long and short of it, I don't play my NC character much anymore, but it sure feels good to shoot them.
    • Up x 1
  12. Badname707

Come to Waterson. Our NC suck a little bit less.
  13. MurderBunneh

This X1000 I was saying this yesterday they have even pop but let the VS have a 60% alert pop it is pathetic.

Connery has the WORST pub plattoons on any server. I have not seen one competent leader on NC pub plattoons on Connery. Every server I play on there is at least one good outfit running pub plattoons but not on Connery. They are friendly but don't play there if you want sqaud objectives etc it is just attack this base. With no objectives or orders on how to do it. And if on occasion there are orders they are bad orders.
    • Up x 1
  14. Raraldor

I get what you're saying and it's a problem sure, but I think that "culture" is created by constant losses and then anger and contempt brews. I remember the exact same reactions when I played Vanu and the NC were overpoped when Helios was still around.

And I do think individual skill is roughly the same between all factions, but the selfishness and unwillingness to win keeps us from actually doing anything.
  15. Earthman

This seems contradictory. You're saying it's "equal skill" yet there's talent drift because of some nebulous frustration at the faction's losses and difficulties. These things can't be happening at the same time if the latter is actually happening.

And it doesn't explain the /yell channel loitering at warpgate, except perhaps through the lens of "this sucks let's pretend this is Reddit and spam memes because fighting is too hard".

Selfishness and not working together is a lack of "skill" as you put it. So many NC believe they are genius master race professional gamer experts and that everyone around them is stupid that they all collectively fail, again and again and again. Not seeing the "skill" here except a few K/D ratio sniper farmers who are using the one trick they picked up back in Quake 2.
  16. RobotNinja

You just described every single faction on every single server.

Maybe you would have more success if your outfit was at least fielding a full squad at any given time much less a full platoon.

There are plenty of well organized NC outfits on Connery. Don't blame your failings on scrubfits or a bunch of disorganized pubbies. I mean, at least blame the NC's crappy close quarters weapons.
  17. MarioPIe

I agree, other than some outfit platoons and organized squads, connery NC is the equivalent of givings torches to chimpanzees
  18. Cab00se187

When I can transfer and get off the hell hole that is Connery
  19. Raraldor

By skill I mean the individual shooting skill of each player, which is equal. The problem comes when they aren't really working toward anything even if populations are equal. I'm talking about are the alerts when I'm talking about the faction losses and not doing anything, not base capping, which if we were horrible at that we'd be warpgated on every continent most hours of the day.

Well organized individual outfits don't make for a well organized faction though. There aren't enough well organized outfits to put one at each tech plant or bio lab during an alert. Even if there were the Vanu have organized outfits as well and they can get people moving at the very least.
  20. Earthman

This has the flavor of religious faith to it.

"They are totally equal in every way except in the one way I believe they are different!"

Players aren't Borg attached to one big cube then divided three different ways. Many subjective, psychological factors come in, from the faction's music and aesthetics to weapon style preference to reputation of the faction ("NC has all the skilled players TR just sprays and prays" definitely drew in a lot of the K/D farming snipers from the general pool).

Saying that over and over again, that players are totally equal in every way except that the NC's weapons are totally worse, is just as likely to make it true as saying "I will get 72 virgins if I blow myself up in a mall" or "the free market will fix everything!".