[TR] Imperial Reach: Organized, Tactical, Mature, Ages 18+

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by Cliff_Ascent, Dec 6, 2012.

1. zib1911

Gimmie till mon then we can blow you up =)
  2. the p4p3rth1n

Great outfit, great guys.
  3. Penty

We also do joint ops as we are friendly with other good TR outfits. Kinda like "we know a guy who knows a guy..."
  4. HerpDeDerp

would love to join up. Been playing PS2 since late july, however, am very experienced with FPS genre and am quite well versed in PS2. Was playing as NC/VS, however, formed a new TR soldier. Would love to join up with a competitive, fun, structured outfit. ComboBreakerr is my in game handle.
  5. vulkkan

I've been with Imperial Reach for several months, and these guys are fantastic. Ops nights are always incredibly organized, coordinated, and breathtaking at times. Off-hours squads are also great fun - sometimes we derp around, sometimes we run as seriously as we do during ops. The people here are hilarious, great fun, and you'll never regret joining [IR]. Everyone is welcome in Imperial Reach, regardless of skill. As long as you like to have fun and work as a team, you'll have a blast with us.
  6. Dr Insaniack

I have been playing with IR for a while now (months) and have had great fights, very well organized. We just had a really big planned event with several outfits of all factions, the
    Siberian Showdown
    . It was huge.
  7. Testatastic

These guys are the best group of people i have ever had the experience of playing with. No joke please go check them out they don't bite.

-DOTA
  8. Pandastratton

We shall be Hosting a recruitment squad during our OP this friday! Come Join us at 9 Eastern on our teamspeak ts.imperialreach.com:7057 ..... come join us!
  9. Penty

Our op Friday past was fantastic. Looking forward to Sundays.
  10. RedOak

11. MrEllis

Hey, I've heard of these guys.

-Fios
  12. deamonomic

Well this sounds like what I have been looking for. This game has alot of potential but I can never get anyone to listen or coordinate beyond a few members of the squad. This actually seems like a clan I used to be in called Tactical Gaming, which brings some questions to mind.

Is a mic required? I have one but i dont like to use it unless Im leading because it is very sensitive and everyone always tells me Im really loud.

How strict is the goup? Tactical gaming was one of the best clans I have been apart of, BUT they were extremely strict on everything. There was to be no deviation from how they did things even going as far as to fill out "after action reports" which had to be submited after each time the squad got together and having to say "break" before speaking and to wait for the leader to say you can. I dont want to be apart of something that strict again, its just to tedious.

do we have a dedicated squad? are the squads just put together from whoever is on or do we have a specific group of players we will be with most of the time?
  13. SideOfBeef

You're reminding me of me when I was trying to find an NC outfit on Mattherson. They all seemed either super-hardcore (and boring) or super-casual (or semi-hardcore but actively recruiting pubbies which lead to a lot of shenanigans and boring gameplay). I ended up just going back to my TR character and playing with IR because they're one of the few outfits in the middle-ground.

On op nights, yes we'll have organized squads with specific squad leaders, and on most days we'll have random squads run by whoever feels like it, but you're free to go soloing when you want to (though if you're soloing during op time, you're going to raise some eyebrows). The squads themselves are well-organized (objectives, class mix, sub-squads when needed) but we don't have many formalities (none of the "sir yes sir" stuff). People talk when they want to and we trust everyone to know when they need to shut up.

Short version: IR is a laid-back bunch of players who know their **** well enough to win fights anyways. Join if you like Galaxies, the Squad Deploy button, and jokes in TeamSpeak. Or if you like flying ESFs and getting hate-tells and hackusations from half the pilots on Waterson (long, ongoing story)

As for a mic, it's pretty much required. You should be able to cut the sensitivity down in TeamSpeak settings. Or do what I did, which is buy a $20 circuit-city branded one which has been totally solid for the year since I bought it.
  14. zib1911

• Up x 1
  15. RedOak

Soon to switch domains so noone needs to update their bookmarks yay
  16. Strap

So do we apply on the site or jump in the TS channel, and are you still recruiting?
  17. zib1911

Yes we are still recruiting. You can hop in TS and run with us if you want, then you can throw an app in if you want.
  18. MrEllis

Is it still cool to abuse Taco?

~Fios
  19. Shanther

20. Maer

twitch.tv/maergoth/c/3069854

Nice scrim tonight bros. Next time, leave your friends at home! lol.

If anyone wants to watch the whole thing and point out the key moments with times so others can skim it, that would be awesome. The whole first 10 minutes are ausom. ~16 minutes was the first back cap maneuver thing. Awesome point defense at like.. 19:00 or so. Etcetcetc.