They really need to review the placement of the pylons in amp stations.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Angry Scientist, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Prudentia

oh how about this:
    remove the stairs at the SCU, make it a room with a lower ceiling, let the walls for the SCU how they were and make it like the gen room in the interlink.
    so the tunnels get you below the floor and you can have a fight down there and have cover to advance upwords and it is not just a room with 2 objects in it but an area that is as complex as a two story building.
    cover, room to fight and we get some diversity. currently a LA is the best class to fight (of course he needa supporters to last long enough to do anything) but adding areas where jetpacks are not good gives defenders opportunities because the attackers have to switch classes to get the best out of there push
    and then do the same to the bases in SE indar GRRR
  2. MasterOhh

We used the scorched earth strategy to defend Amp Stations and Towers successfully, quit a few times allready. There is nothing better then the stupified look in the face of an enemy infiltrator when he/she stands infront of the smoking ruins of a vehicle terminal.

But yeah, vehicles should not be allowed to reach to upper level around the controlpoint in Amp Stations. Esp one that are so durable and well armed like harassers....
  3. P0INTMAN

ive been apart of a squad, multiple times that have used diffusers to bumrush the point. I know how it works and I know the weaknesses that we've faced with the situation. Your post, in contrast, seems a bit whiny as if you can't or won't bring overwhelming odds to get the job done in the amount of time you have, which is actually quite long as far as base re-secures go.
  4. NoctD

If you can't shield bust cause the interior is defended, then try disabling the generators first?

Or just leave it alone - if you can't be bothered to put in the extra effort to capture a well defended base, then just don't bother at all!
  5. CrashB111

1. Enemies on cap point
    2. Vehicles camping inside
    A) Try the lemming way inside through the doors and get furied to death.
    B) Take the jump pad to the roof and drop down the elevator to get furied to death.
    C) Take the jump pad to the roof and run around to the rear elevator, dropping down on the capture point safe from vehicles
    D) Attack from the SCU room where the enemy has high ground on you, and a shield that makes it really hard to see. Also get furied to death.
    The choice is clear here.
  6. Angry Scientist

Rear elevator is defended by fury harasser. That is the point of this thread. They get up there. Get furied to death. Try again.

And even if they weren't up there, any decent concentration of enemies would stymie just as effectively, to say nothing of maxes.
  7. CrashB111

Manuerving room on that cap point is abysmal, I know I've drove up there.
    A pair of heavies with Decimators = dead Harasser, 1 AV MAX = dead Harasser.
    Don't complain that you can't solo people off the capture point, get a MAX crash if you have to or even just a squad that will listen and take that rear elevator down.
  8. CrashB111

-double post since I can't edit without a browser crash-

And as with most things prevention is the best medicine. 4 Engineers can prevent this as a threat at all by just laying mine stacks inside each shield door to instantly destroy any GSD attempting to get into the bay, Mineguard is a rare sight these days.
    Even if you fail there you can drop Claymores on the vehicle terminals to destroy them as soon as an Infiltrator gets close enough to hack it.
  9. HAYMAKER

When we run in a 8-10 man squad we do this. Shield defuser and get in on the point. Although we don't use harrasers but atleast 5 maxes, medics and engi's. If a squad of 12 is able to do this, its your faction's fault for not defending. If a platoon gets into a base, guess what. It is your factions fault for not defending. This goes to say, its not just the other guys that use these type of tactics. Your faction does as well. Everyone gain some, everyone lose some. This is no matter to complain about.. This is after all a team based game. Don't expect to take out a squad on your own in a amp station (Unless they are complete imbeciles). You can have 3 skilled players against a squad of above average players. The numbers are what matters