Carnage BR or NS11A

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Batisat, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Nakar

You're not weird at all, the stock Gauss is a fantastic weapon. The Carnage just has it beat in shorter-range combat. The difference is mainly that the Carnage is not as bad at longer ranges than other NC AR alternatives to the Gauss Rifle. The Gauss is always good at longer ranges, and is acceptable up close. I've killed people that are pixels on the screen with the stock Gauss and ironsights. It truly is that good, and it's very cheap to kit out (get either a Grip or LS and a scope of choice and you're done).

Still, the Carnage might be one of the best ARs in the entire game. That doesn't speak to how bad the Gauss Rifle is (because it's very good), just how almost-gamebreaking the Carnage is.
    • Up x 1
  2. ColdCheezePizza

The more I use the Carnage the more I fall in love with it, adv grip turns it into an AR sniper and 750rof and .75ads does very well in cqc. It's like an Orion had a baby with the Pulsar C, if it had an hva/spa option would definitely be borderline game breaking, but right now that AR crown goes to the TAR.
  3. lilleAllan

I really like the Carnage but I wouldn't call it game breaking. To me it's basically a Cycler that trades the 40 round mag for better base hipfire and adv foregrip attachment which makes it marginally easier to control at range. On the negative side, coming from the Gauss Rifle, when facing multiple enemies I often shoot the clip dry and have to pull out the side arm.
  4. kennonfodder

:)

That loadout enables you to cover 80%+ of situations. And that really good.

So does the NS-11? Not exactly, for at closer ranges you have a disadvantage against TR and VS, NS-11 gives more long range killing power where the Carnage has a tough time

At the end there are more fights in closer than in longer distances
  5. GSZenith

if you play nc get a NS weapon always.
  6. Van Dax

Carnage BR is essentially an orion with advanced forgrip and a 30 round mag with faster reload, its a travesty not to use it.
    • Up x 2
  7. Littleman

I would have argued it's a T1 Cycler with all of the attachments at the expense of an additional 10 rounds per magazine.

The NS-11a in comparison is more akin to an Equinox (Pulsar VE1 -S) only +5 rounds and a directional recoil.

Like with any weapon, One will either like them, hate them, or fool themselves into thinking they're good because One was told to or got a lucky streak with the weapon even in situations where another, possibly disdained weapon would have been better. See: T16 vs. T32. The latter is arguably overall more accurate simply because of the compensator. Depends on the accuracy of One's downward mouse pull during fire.
  8. Van Dax

neither the equinox nor the cycler have the coveted .75x movement multiplier. the ns-11 and carnage do. this sets them considerably ahead.
    • Up x 1
  9. Littleman

In the equinox's case, this is why the NS-11a is just plain better. For the cycler however, we are talking +10 rounds here. That does count in CQC. The Carnage is the altogether more adaptable platform however. A carnage with an adv foregrip can fake a strong CQC capability via the .75x ADS. A carnage with the adv laser can fake mid-long range capability as it's still slightly more accurate than the T1.
  10. Epic High Five

A properly certed out Carnage (adv grip/comp) is tied for being the best gun in the game imho. It's a laser doom machine that just molests people. NS-11a is noticably worse in every way in exchange for an extra 5 in the mag and better recoil (until you slap on the adv grip).

People also downplay the default Gauss Rifle but that thing is probably all you gun you really NEED. Once you've got some certs to blow and you want a real hoss, the Carnage is there waiting

It's tied with the TAR, btw
    • Up x 1
  11. ColdCheezePizza

It's just such a versatile and accurate weapon that it never feels like I have the wrong gun for any situation I'm in, shines in cqc and ranged fights alike, plus the pistol like reload is a lifesaver, couldnt tell you how many times Ive been caught with my pants down reloading the TAR and TRV. I wish more NC would discover the Carnage then maybe we'd see more medics on team blue, my favorite thing about playing TR is the amount of revives I get because of how popular the TAR is.
  12. AuxiMoron

Well if you want a high RoF, quick reloading, hipfire accurate, ADS accurate weapon, you go with the Carnage. It's one of the NC's few god guns. NS weapons just try too hard to be jacks of all trades.
  13. RX530SS

If you already have the gr-22 I wouldn't recommend getting the carnage BR. The guns are very similar. The carnage BR's recoil is actually worse unless you get and advanced forward grip on there. The NS11 has decent capability at range and has very nice recoil. If your looking for a different feel from a weapon then go for the NS11.