WDS Award - Week 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EVILPIG, Sep 30, 2013.

1. EVILPIG

Week 1 gave a 3 day +100% XP Booster.

I just claimed this week's award and it is +50% Anyone else experience this?
  2. Sen7rygun

It was only ever meant to be 50% in the first place. Either way, I'm banking mine for the next double exp weekend events.
  3. EVILPIG

I don't believe so. I thought the same based on the picture, but it is clearly stated on the WDS page that it is +100%

*EDIT* It has now been changed to say 50%

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/wds
  4. DeadliestMoon

Yeah for week 1 I got a 50%XP bonus.
  5. EVILPIG

What empire did you claim it on? I got +100% on one of my TR.
  6. DeadliestMoon

I claimed if for my NC character.
  7. DJPenguin

i think the one i claimed was 100% as well.
  8. Lazaruz

I got a 50% boost, although I'm pretty sure the WDS site said it would be a 100% boost just a few hours ago... hmm.
  9. Zexis

Here's what I figure.

Originally meant to be 50%. They messed up somehow and gave out 100% boosts for Week 1. Week 2, website guys think, "Okay, I guess we're giving out 100% boosts!" SOE instead fixes their mistake and sends out 50% boosts, and website guys don't get the memo until later.

At any rate, I miss my ub3r boost.
  10. Crowne

11. OddChelsea

Week 1 I got 100%, week 2 I got 50%. Already used the 100% boost, it was quite nice but yeah probably a mistake.
  12. NoctD

Pssst... SOE, you don't even know your own product...

Lies! 50% boost is character locked, it cannot be used on any character. Only the 100% hyper boost is a universal boost that can be equiped on any character.

Just so people know. I'm not sure if your non-TR character could claim it but you better have claimed it on the character you plan to use it on.
  13. dragunov

i farmed 2k cert using the 3day 100% and got these :D
    [IMG]
    DragunovXO unlocked NCM3 Raven
    Oct 1 2013 04:59:24 AM
    [IMG]
    DragunovXO unlocked NCM3 Raven
    Oct 1 2013 04:59:15 AM
  14. Cinnamon

Week one I got 100% that I used on NC and this week 50% that I used on TR.
  15. Kaale

Doh....Yes it's Locked to the Character you claim it on. You only get 1, not 1 for each alt..
  16. Morpholine

If you check here: https://players.planetside2.com/#!/wds you'll see that they list the week 1 award as 100%, the week 2 award as 50%, and the upcoming week 3 award will be 50%.

I can't say for sure, but it seems to me the week one award was intentionally higher, perhaps to soothe some of the bruised feelings regarding the initial implementation of the event.
  17. NoctD

I thought they raised week 1 rewards because they knew the 100% boost was the only one that would work on all characters.

But then this week, they seem to think the 50% boost works on all characters too. Its a character locked item.

So who really knows why SOE did that for week 1?
  18. Morpholine

I haven't seen anything remotely close to official. That statement was just speculation on my part.

But there were a lot of bruised feelers here during the first week and a half.