A pro players guide to nerfing heavies

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bill Hicks, Sep 28, 2013.

1. P0INTMAN

You don't have to be paid to be what I consider a 'professional'. Merely knowing what the **** you're doing is enough for me, along with being sensible and experienced as you mentioned.
  2. ReconTeemo

First off, how is this a pro guide to nerf HA? if all your post are bias. Secondly, I agree with you, Heavy Class is not Overpowered. HA players will hate me for this, but I think the QQ'ers want to tone down (nerf a little) the Resist Shield not the Class.

3. blackboemmel

4. HellionX

Are you talking about me here bill? :D
  5. Zotamedu

And still a lot of the pro players like LA and medic the best. Even though the HA and engineer are so OP...

It still seems like you need to learn how to play. If you feel like you are constantly getting killed by HA, then you are obviously engaging them in the wrong way. Try something new and play to your classes strengths and against the HA weaknesses.

BTW, I guess the MAX is the ultimate OP then since they can do AI, AV and AA much better than any other infantry class and the have much more health. Please nerf into oblivion.
  6. ozzless

Seriously, playing as a LA or an Engie, i very rarely have any problems with HA even in head on encounter with shield enabled. That's probably because most of them have terrible aim and the highest percentage of noobs plays HA. Not to take anything off those rare but deadly really skilled HA players.
  7. Hatamoto

Consider the LA has a jetpack that allows him to gain high ground easier than the HA, enjoying potentially better fire positions. It also allows you to, with some cunning, use the jetpack in cqc raining death from above and around a confused, slow shielded enemy.
  8. Giggily

Bro, I have played this game for much longer than you. I know about class balance at this point. Good players like MAX suits and Medic the most in serious situations because Medics can get a conga line of revives going pretty much forever, and MAX suits are more or less broken in any given situation. Go watch some videos of NUC doing drops, they're MAX suits, Medics, and Engineers.

The problem with HA isn't that it's good at killing people. When I play as an LA I'm almost never killed by HAs, except for ones who've managed to silently sneak up on me thanks to the drop pod audio glitch. The problem with HAs, really, is that they are the main line anti-infantry class for most players, and they are also the main line anti-vehicle class for most players. Do you see the problem here? A class that is the best for killing vehicles is also the class that is the best at killing tanks at the same time?

An HA is fine if it's good at killing dudes with an LMG, and it'd be fine if it was good at killing tanks with rocket launchers, but not both at once. Heavies having access to both LMGs and RLs basically killed vehicle combat in this game. The Engineer AV turret is a similar problem - it one shots infantry, has infinite ammo, and is also a great anti-vehicle weapon, and the Engineer doesn't give up anything for using it. It's broken. But fortunately the AV turret is behind a cert-wall, and most players don't realize its AI potential. That's not really the case with the HA.
  9. Thuggernauttt

LOL @ the OP for thinking he's a pro.

This is the same guy who used to ask the Thug how to properly use the saw and reverse maneuver
  10. Thuggernauttt

Lo

Dear lord this guy again . Dude you are bad and no one even knows who your outfit is.
  11. Giggily

Better luck next time, buddy.
  12. Thuggernauttt

better luck doing what? pwning you? I don't need luck lmao.
  13. Posse

Wrong.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...750&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

The MSWR has the same hipfire, the same short reload time, and a shorter long reload time, and adding to that it has the adv laser sight so it potentially has an even better hipfire, if we were talking only about hipfiring and reloading, MSW-R > Orion, the Orion has other advantages that make it better at ADSing though.
  14. P0INTMAN

As a heavy, I don't even use an LMG for CQB, that role falls to my trusted Blitz or my Sweeper. For anti-vehicular combat, I use a phoenix. For long range, I use a longshot. For supporting my squad, I'm usually an engineer or medic depending on whats needed if not heavy assault. For general lulzy fun from roofs, its either HA from a drop pod or LA when inside a biolab.

Everything has its role and purpose. I'd much rather have a different setup than classes, but that isn't here or there.
  15. Accuser

I was thinking more along the lines of the Carv, or NS-15M.
    But if you want to compare MSW-R and Orion, I don't think you can rationally say that a 0.35s reduction only in long reload time can compare to the Orion's lower first shot recoil multiplier, lower average horizontal recoil, and the king of high-level play: faster ADS movement speed.
  16. Posse

Why would you compare with the NS-15M? That weapon is useless crap, no matter what faction you're playing.

The CARV is a different thing, slightly worse at hipfiring, slightly worse at ADSing (only because of the .75 speed, as for recoil both weapons have their advantages) but a HUGE clip, I'd gladly exchange the .75 speed for at least a 75 clip in the Orion.

The comparison between the MSW-R and the Orion is pretty straightforward, MSW-R wins at hipfiring due to the adv laser sight, the Orion wins at ADSing due to lower recoil and the .75 speed.

All that said, the ADS move speed is not as relevant as people make it seem in a Heavy Assault, the shield already slows us a lot.
  17. Accuser

If a TR player wants a low recoil, fast ADS movement LMG, guess which one they're stuck with... :(
  18. Posse

If we want a huge clip we're stuck with the Polaris and its crap tier DPS (same as the NS), while TR has the CARV and NC has the SAW, that's assymetrical balance :p
  19. Ghodere

So we've got a class whose ability makes it the best of all infantry classes at anti-infantry. In the same loadout, let's let this class carry a rocket launcher that can lock on to all air units, and can dumbfire into ground targets, making it the premiere mobile AV class. Additionally, let's let this class carry self-healing kits, hell, up to 4 of them, why not?

I can almost seem to recall this popping up once before. In a different PlanetSide game or something. REXO self-healing, self-repairing, AV+AI juggernaut cookie-cutters, something like that. Ah hell, never you mind, I'm probably just a crazy old man.
  20. Accuser

That's the only part which I disagree with. Heavies should be the non-MAX backbone of an infantry team... but shouldn't be as viable as they are when soloing. Having all the advantages of Heavy Assault AND being able to instantly pop yourself to full health 4x per life is silly.