TR Lockdown ability: It needs to change.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by GeneralPeragorn, Jun 16, 2013.

1. GeneralPeragorn

Not one to bump, but since we're going into optimisation, and SOE has said nothing about people being dissatisfied with lockdown, it's worth another push.
  2. Geneaux

I'd much rather have Lockdown scrapped and TR given a new ability because as it stands, its largely useless imo. Preferably something that increases our RoF by a certain percentage, so we actually have competitive TK for once.
    • Up x 2
  3. DrBash00

Lockdown, oh lockdown... first of all i am a MAX player, i play most Times MAX or Mosquito.
    In 85% of all Situations Lockdown (on the highest Level) is useless, crapy or will even kill you.

When you camp a Building with a Max on lockdown "smart" allys will always get in front of you, and you have to choose to mow them down, change positioning (after 2 sec unlock) or wait and hope they leave u (maby give them some shots to show the problem, but this can lead to them response to your fire by packing C4 on you or dropping Tank mines behind you, i am Talking from expiriance)

Even if you out with your Clan mates, and you are Camping some Buldings Lock on is useless. We can camp 2 Doors with 2 Maxes and one securing each other, but Enemys sometimes have a Brain and remember after 1 - 4 Deaths where the Max is Locatet, and most times you have not to much options where to "savely" Ancore your max.

Now will they come back, bunnyhop around the Corner and shoot rockets straight in your Face, if you have Teamplaying enemys they will shoot 2 Rockets on you, so fast.... and you CAN NOT MOVE!!!!!

I done some Guides on maxes, and i tell them all times to step away from the ancore mode, because if you fight agains skilled enemys, you get 1 fast kill, after that they will just blast u up!

When i am Camping the Same Building with Charge equipped, i can stand on the same Position strafing to the left and to the right, when i get hit once hard i charge out of the area and my Engiee will patch me up.
    So wtf. 0 Cert ability > ~1700 Cert Ability??
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But maby it shines anti air?
    And y before the update it was totaly overpowered against aircrafts (like the Vanu ability, with the little difference the vanu could also turn 360% and follow the aircraft), and i skilled it up.
    After the big Burster Nerf its... well its "situational", so if you can find a save position the enemy is really flying in your line of sight, low to the ground, didnt spot you first, and you are lucky enough the enemy "boosts" not out of your 180° ankle, you can get some fast kills.
    But again, this is when you have already 1700 Certs spend... if you are LV1 deployed max, better use "charge" because the missing 180° will prevent you from getting a lot of kills!!

And always keep in mind, with ancore mode you can not escape an light assault when he is to close to u!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And whats about AV Weapons??
    Well on the Pounder?? Forget it, the enemy Tank, even its an Lightning will probably just laugh at you and shoot you down.
    To be perfectly honest to u, i even got shot down from an "baselisk" of an sunderer, because you wont kill any vehicle before he turns his guns to u and kill u.

You are also a easy roadkill ad ancored max...

Maby Fracture??
    Well i have 2 Fracture, and on "close" range (depending on enemy skill where close is), u are still a easy target to hit...
    If u have an enemy tank with helebarde u can not un-lock as fast as you go down. Only if the fight is so big, that you are not the primary target lockdown is an option... in all other cases, its better to use charge....

And here it comes, the ONE AND ONLY Situation where the Lockdown mode REALLY shines!!!!
    *drumm roll*

Fracture + Massive Range.
    This is the ONLY Situation where the Ancore Mode can really shine, if you fire with your fracture on vehicles on extrem long ranges, they will hardly hit you, sometimes even hardly spot you (when you are covered).

But the problem here is... after 10 - 20 Easy and funny kills, (and not to point how extrem situational this is, to get a long open range on enemy vehicles, without enough air support from them to cover them from you) it is just getting boring....

So now, to recap.
    The Lockdown is in Most situations deathly + useless + big drawback of no ability to escape. (also missing charge skill)
    U can not aim while the animation runs... and the only thing u can do better then without beeing locked down is shooting on tank from a big range... this only costs you about 3700 Zerts, and is not even funny (y you can also hit infantry on long ranges, i know)..

BUT IT IS NOT FUNNY!!! And thats the biggest Issiue, the stubid lockdown mode is NOT funny, not for the Enemy not for the User!!!

So PLEASE change something, there are a lot good ideas in this threat. Just twak/buff this ability to make it FUN!!

I like the Idea of lock down and beeing a "Turret", but to get blast away from any lv 1 noob that can hold an rocket launcher is NOT FUNNY!!!! To be serious, i would love us to be more "turret like", maby some defensive bonus and 360° ankle, because it is buggy so often an its simply NO FUN!!! PLEASE CHANGE SOMETHING!!!

ps: Sry for my bad english, i hope you got my Point =)
    • Up x 7
  4. Furluge

Maybe they could give us back PS1 Overdrive.

Oh wait.
    • Up x 2
  5. NoctD

I do think 270 degree rotation and damage reduction that scales per level of lockdown goes a long way to making lockdown itself more viable. Should have deployable blast shields besides the spikes, that get deployed during lockdown to represent the damage reduction aspect.
  6. DrBash00

Or like a small shield around the max, and when you press C the max slowley moves down behind the shield (where he can not shoot but is save from dmg). The main problem is, if you are killing a person they just remember where you are, and there are only 2 or 3 save location in a Building where you can use locedown good... So you need some hand against the bunny hopping rocket launcher. Also it is not possible to crunch while in lockdown mode... so in some positions enemy can hit your feet while you have no oppaturnaty of shoot back... ec...

As i told u, i like the idea of lock down but it needs really a fix. Because i use it on the highest lv, and in the most situations charge is just better... at the other hand for a vanu max the overdrive is in nearly(!) every situation better then charge.
  7. Kafein

Lockdown is extremely situational, ZOE is not. In almost any infantry combat, charge is vastly superior to lockdown, but vastly inferior to ZOE as ZOE actually lets you shoot while you zoom through the battle, on top of reducing your weapon's TTK. The armor malus of ZOE is mostly meaningless when almost all MAX deaths occur by C4 or dumb fire rockets. Even more importantly, ZOE speed makes escaping C4 fairies and strafing rockets so much easier, it tends to increase your lifetime overall.
    • Up x 3
  8. Pikachu

I 4/5 of this cert and it has so little use. All these complaints are valid I see now. Its only when the enmies are unaware of your position and theres too much going on for them to care about the damage you deal that its useful. I had one great opportunity with fracture. Hvar in a building at a window. Most enemies were dealing with my team mates in the zerg so I could shoot them without fear for maybe a minute at most. Lock down is like liberator. Mostly useless and super powerful in the rare situations it works in.
  9. Singed

It just needs a much faster lockdown speed and an almost instant mobilize speed.
  10. Makora

I heard a bit of scuttlebutt that the Devs were thinking on making lockdown MAXs deploy and mobilize much faster then now. i think it's 3 seconds now but I heard around 1-1.5 seconds was in consideration. I'd much prefer if they also buffed ACCURACY of fire when in lock-down. But that'd make for some pretty OP sniper-MAXs.

Lockdown is a pretty nice ability ON PAPER. Locking down a doorway and somesuch. But because MAXs are squishy as hell, this is a very risky maneuver. Risk-reward. The unfotunality is that Lockdown lacks utility.
    ZOE effectively replaces Dash with additional functionality so you can not only ADADAD, but you can run for cover. Riot Shield allows the MAX to reload in relative safety of incoming enemy fire. Lockdown exposes the MAX to full enemy fire for potential boost in forward DPS. I say potential because MAXs are not solid, you can run through the bastards and since you can only fire at a 180 degree arc ahead of you, a lockdown MAX can be flanked, especially since it takes ~3 second to uproot.
    • Up x 3
  11. DrBash00

The main Problem is, most Enemys have at least a little bit of Brain. So when you are engaging an outpoust they probably can remember your position 15 seconds before they can respawn. And for example, you kill 3 People. Now they will return, jumping around the corner with a rocket launcher, granade thrower. Or if you position is next to a window or something, they just drop c4 in.....

As Makora says, on the Paper Deploy mode is REALLY strong, but sadly not ingame. There are Situations where it shines, but its like 40% strategy 60% Luck.

I just dont get the Point, why can a ZOE max switch on/off instant??? Reduce our Lockdown time, or give ZOE maxes a "overload time" where they stand still and can not aim while "overloading".

and NO i dont like the ZOE maxes to be nerved, just make Lockdown more reasonable for infantry fight situations and we are fine. (closer combat in general, a deployed fracture max can get roadkilled from an flash easaly, and i am not saying ENEMY flash, because sometimes allys do the job, and you cant dodge)
  12. Anvildude

It'd actually be kinda cool if ZOE users stood for a bit, started to tremble, then raised their arms and let out a mighty frothing Lunatic ROAR when the Zealot Overdrive Engine took effect.
  13. DirArtillerySupport

Does anyone complaining about lock-down have it maxed out? If not then why not? It's insane...max or prowler...nothing lives. Skies are clear and heaping piles of armour smoking up the horizon...buff it? Hell ya!!
  14. GeneralPeragorn

Why not, because it's simply not worth it. I'm not willing to spend over 2000certs on something which will kill me unless I have a dedicated squad on me, and if I have a dedicated squad, I don't need lockdown.
    • Up x 1
  15. DirArtillerySupport

Trust me...against vehicles it’s worth it...and I really really hate getting killed because 99% of the time I`m playing lonewolf. People are unprepared for the volume of fire and underestimate how long they can remain in view. Locked down inside a spawn with dual onslaughts anyone doing a peak-a-boo is hamburger. A locked down maxed out dual pounder max can take out a sunderer in 7 seconds from a great distance with minimal indication of where the fire is coming from. The average reaver has 5-6 seconds to decide it was a bad idea to fly into the area. Your biggest problem with aircraft is they avoid the area and you get bored. I maxed it out the day it went live and it’s been a joy everyday since.
  16. Mxiter

Looked at your stats.

1)Spawn room warrior farmer.
    2)HE prowler farmer. (many prowler kills, few vehicles kills)
    3) No outfits.
    No credibility.
    Farm from the spawn room as much you want, we are speaking between people that are playing the game, not sitting in a shooting range.

Lockdown is trash!
    AI: C4 and rocket bait: gives you as much survivability as your opponent.
    AA: deals as much damages than ZoE, bloom faster(higher ROF), 120° view, immobile.
    AV: Pounder is garbage because of convergence, OK at Fractures spam but still a rocket/tank shells bait.
  17. Unclematos7

If they intended Lokdown to be for point defense then they have failed utterly.
    A dumbfire HA or UBGL Engie can easily win the peek-a-boo game with a locked MAX making the ability pointless.
    • Up x 2
  18. DirArtillerySupport

Pffft....stats smats...man I'm having FUN! What could be more annoying to the enemy than an opponent that refuses to die?
  19. Mxiter

I'm pretty sure than most of player plays for nice battles with opponents wich are shooting back. It's much more FUN than playing the game behind a shield.

I have much more FUN to play with my outfit, sometime leading the platoon, engaging nice fights and reach objectives with them than padding my K/Dr whith HE/Spawn shields/redeployment spam.

I've heard than BF4 was in beta, run suscribe there, that DM game will fits you much better.
  20. DirArtillerySupport

Opinions opinions...everyone has one...but in the end my game never gets old and it is still highly entertaining 10 years later in a game that never got old.

I would never exploit shield bugs..not in my character.