Infiltrators update: unscheduled

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by OldMaster80, Sep 26, 2013.

1. OldMaster80

Not a joke, check the roadmap.
    I assume they're focusing on bugs / performance and other stuff. This was obviously going to happen, all the Roadmap is now Unscheduled. They couldn't keep the pace of their targets, that was too much stuff to implement.

So now we now the update will come, hopefully soon as some stuff is already revealed (drone). But when? No one knows.
  2. Scan

Been paying the subscription for this game since the beginning.

I remember I said: I got no issues paying the 13ish Euro's per month, provided they'll keep implementing stuff and work on expanding this game.

I don't understand how implementing new stuff, as well as working on performance can't be done at the same time.

I believe it was March? That they promised the Infiltrator revamp?

There were ALOT of plans/promises on the roadmap, that have been scratched just like that. That's alot of broken promises, false information and failures to deliver.

Let me tell you what is happening:

We, the PC gamers, have been used for Beta testing this game for almost a year, and in my case, PAID for it.

Now that the Playstation 4 launch is almost upon us, all development on this game has been put in the freezer, and they're redesigning it for the PS4. They are NOT working their arses off for us. They are working their **** off to get this thing launched on Playstation. That is their priority.

There will be NO new content. NO rebalancing. NO improvements whatsoever, provided maybe small maintanance tweaks, and bug fixes, for an undetermined time.

You can come here asking for all sorts of changes: we won't get them. They're working on a boxed version for Playstation 4.

Don't get me wrong..... I love this game. It's great. The most awesome FPS I've ever played. But I am mad. I feel cheated and misled. Luperzas' pretty smiling face is here to soften up the blows, trying to bring it in a positive fashion, but truth is, we're being put on hold for god knows how long. (and they're not being completely honest about the real reason. "Optimization" is only a half truth)

I seriously need to consider wether this is something I still want to invest my time/money in.

Maybe I should put it on "hold" as well.
    • Up x 1
  3. Darkelfdruid_LOL

LOL....

Called it.
  4. Scan

I vaguely remember something that you posted about..... nope lost it. :p

Well, I shouldn't be surprised.

Playstation 4 is due to be released in November.

Planetside 2 on PS4 is due to be released in November/December.

They are indeed working on optimization to make this game faster, and work more smoothly, but not just for the PC, and not for the reasons they've given us.

I suppose I answered my own question about why we can't have new content and optimization in one go. They need all their recources to get this done before the Playstation 4 launches, and I'm pretty sure the guys in suits won't settle for: "soon" as an answer on the question when we'll be seeing some results.

What I don't understand is: Why are they giving all this nonsense about making this game better for PC users, when it's obvious they need to get this game ready for Playstation 4? Why all the charade, and lies, and smoke and mirrors?

Just be straight: "We need to get this game ready for Playstation 4, and on the side make this game run smoother on PC systems."
    • Up x 2
  5. Darkelfdruid_LOL

It's for "specific" someone :D :D
  6. Shuuda

As someone who plays light assault as much as he plays infiltrator this news is just a case of "oh well" to me.
  7. Kyouki

As a Light assault whose update was first then pushed behind infiltrator, then later unscheduled I can't help but laugh at this.
    • Up x 1
  8. pnkdth

They did tease a new infiltrator weapon on command center though, which means there's someone out there working on something.

We did also see some funky appear that one patch before. Moar tools!
  9. Scan

They've been pretty clear about this: They are fully focused on optimisation. Not one pair of hands is working on something that hasn't been implemented yet.

They have been working on new stuff to implement, the recon drone, the new weapon you saw, Hossin, Light Assault upgrades, and the list goes on, but at this current time, everyone in the SoE offices is working on getting this game ready and suitable to run on the Playstation 4.

That said, we, the PC users, ofcourse will benefit from this, as we will recieve a game that runs alot smoother.

By the time we'll get these optimisation updates, you prolly won't hear me complain.

But, I'd rather have them come clean on this, instead of selling this BS that it's all being done to please the existing Planetside 2 community, currently playing and PAYING for this game, and motivate us to post "suggestions and ideas" while they know that they won't be coming around to doing that atleast for a couple of months.

The official announcement of the Playstation release date was August the 20th. One week later, we get the announcement from SoE about the layoffs, and after a short period of complete utter silence they have "suddenly" decided to commit fully to optimasation?

I don't buy it. They knew this even when they released this game on PC, and worked on pleasing us, the PC crowd, until the official date release date was known, so we'd spend as much money as they could pull out of us on their new content. (weapons and such)

Superb marketing... but I don't like being lied to, even if it's half-truths.
  10. Astraka

Good. Hopefully they'll put the Light Assault's update back on the board, they need it more then we do anyway.
  11. Ribero

My guess is they have a bunch of half-finished stuff in the pipeline, that isn't going anywhere.

Hopefully after they push out a few performance updates, it'll be a quick job of finishing the content and releasing it.
  12. ArcKnight

lets not forget how well the other optimization went and they were only a few MB, considering past attempt and factoring in the massive more than +1GB patch we're gonna be getting, I'm expecting something to go horribly wrong like it always does:cool:
  13. Scan

Well have to be patient and wait.

I do have to give them credit for allowing us to peek in their kitchen. It does help the wait. I am very curious to see the end result. And hope we will get a better game that immediatly shows what all their work went into. My only fear is ending up with something that feels like a console game. Minimized render distances, less detailed terrain, removal of fauna, and or the dynamic passing off time. Anything affecting the feel of being part of a smaller battle within a giant battle really. I fear getting a game that is easier on the hardware, but also less immersive and less... Delivering the massive battle feel.
  14. Leivve

Scan bro, that's not how it works. It's coming to PS4 ONLY because Sony wants it to be one of their F2P apps to compete with Microsoft's World of Tanks ect. We are still the main platform of development, who cares if they are doing it for consoles? We are still getting the benefit that we wanted. You've got a bad case of 'looking the gift horse in the mouth'.

And saying we are a beta test for the consoles, is like saying GTA5 is a beta test for the PC version. of course they are going to use their working build to make a different version, not to would my completely idiotic.
    • Up x 1
  15. [HH]Mered4

Yeah, but they keep NOT TELLING US ABOUT IT.

We are saying they are doing so because it makes sense, not because they are actually saying they are doing it.

In my book, that's deception. I am immediately suspicious of their entire company because of it.
  16. Leivve

Then you must be suspicious of every company on Earth.
  17. [HH]Mered4

LOL.

LOOOL

Ignorance aplenty, I see.
  18. Leivve

Try looking in a mirror, every company hides stuff from the masses, the honest ones just don't hid that fact.
    • Up x 1
  19. [HH]Mered4

Then why did you post this gem in the first place?
    We all know this extremely OBVIOUS statement. What was the point of it again?

Sorry for sarcasm ahead of time.