SOE Supporting Exploiting Ingame

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by N0madz, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Robes

No thats not just :eek: thats :eek: :eek:
    • Up x 1
  2. Pokebreaker

Whats sad is that, even while being bombarded from inside their "safe" zone; people will STILL stand inside and not attempt to progress. I wouldn't be surprised if it's an "intentional" glitch, to see if they could encourage shield campers to actually leave the shields, or regroup elsewhere.
    • Up x 1
  3. S1eB

The ones that constantly fire at the shields are obviously doing it to exploit, there is no other reason to shoot at the spawn room. The only reason someone would is because they know about the bug and they are exploiting.

I don't understand why they can't fix it, it never used to be as bad as it is now. It has always happened, but only the odd one or two shots would cause splash damage to go through the shields. Now every shot is guaranteed to send the splash damage through them.
  4. Chinchy

You have to admit that was a pretty funny bug. xD
  5. Pokebreaker

FALSE! You're telling me you've NEVER seen a Max, Heavy Assault, etc, poke out of the shield in order to shoot explosives? I see it ALL the time, especially in Bio Lab fights. People like to sit in the window seal and do it too. That portion of their body sticking out of the shield is susceptible to bullet and explosive damage. While I'm not saying people don't exploit it, there are plenty of reasons to still be launching explosives at the shields.
    • Up x 1
  6. S1eB

Yeah, if people are sticking out of the shields then fair enough. if you have people constantly spamming grenade launchers at them, or if you have a tank, lib, harasser or whatever constantly spamming the shields then it's obvious they are exploiting.

Months ago splash damage didn't go through the shields, well it did, but it was rare and only the odd one or two shots caused it and wasn't a problem. I don't know what they changed, but now all shots go through the shields and it is a problem.
  7. jeuvisage

See the support ticket below. I've opened multiple support tickets regarding Synovus doing this, I sent screenshots and videos like the one below, and SOE refuses to take action. They say it is a bannable offense, but after tracking the players site data for Synovus, it was clear that they did nothing. They will blatantly lie and fabricate entire sections of their policies to cover up their inaction. They have gone so far as to say that any future tickets I open regarding this issue will be automatically closed with no action taken.

8. Mr_Giggles

Dude, your first email....******* stellar good read! I can see very quickly why that ticket was closed. Also, they never told you that they endorse the exploit.

Again, thanks for that read. 10/10 for the laughs.
  9. deggy

They told you that because you tried to read them their own privacy policy. It doesn't matter what the policy says. nowhere in it are you allowed access to another player's records. They don't even have to say "We don't do that.", they can just say "We don't want to."

On to the topic at hand, all the support stuff I see is you attempting to bully a company into giving you something you want. This guy isn't hacking. He's exploiting a bug. No third-party software involved, not doing anything against the terms of service. He's playing within a screwed-up set of rules that SOE has yet to fix. Whether he gets banned for that is up to them.

Not up to you.
  10. NC_Edacyn

Hey guys, when I spent the day with TRay he told me that NC Maxes are going to get jump packs, and that the Magrider come with a mower attachment.

"QFT"
  11. deggy

Really? He told me that the NC Jump Packs are also going to allow them to turn into Reavers with pre-nerf Lolpods on each arm, hover in place for 30 seconds with an invincibility shield around them, and instagib everything they touch.

Then I sent SOE a borderline harassing Support ticket because life doesn't work the way I want it to.
    • Up x 2
  12. zib1911

I think its not a exploit just a really ****** game mechanic. No one is going to stop shooting at the shields, that is where all the bad guys are.
    • Up x 1
  13. then00b

Its really just suppressing the area by the shield, the fact that it splashes in is perhaps something for soe to take care of if they see it as a problem, but hell if you suspected a bunch of people were about to rush out of a spawn shield wouldn't you be firing something at them every so often?
    I use a lasher, I shoot at the doors/windows in case someone is trying to peek out, if I see a red X of confirmation, I keep shooting. If I happen to be slightly around a corner and can't really tell, how should I judge whether or not my victim was in or out of the shield?
    • Up x 1
  14. Runegrace

I'm confused with this hate for invincibility in the spawn room. Should...enemies always be able to get inside? That's be sooo much better. Maybe no spawn rooms at all? Because bases should always go to whoever brought the most troops initially?

If you don't like someone sitting in a safety bubble getting free kills...stop. Camping. Spawn. They can't sit in there and camp out if you're not trying to camp them right back. Either a) deal with it or b) be sporting, pull away from spawn, and give them a chance to defend. Hrm...wonder what people will pick...
    • Up x 1
  15. deggy

Oh, and OP:

SOE did NOT tell you they support exploits. They refused to tell you what they were going to do about your complaints, which is totally within their right. This thread is a massive oversimplification and is needlessly alarmist.

Can we get a lock?
  16. Mr_Giggles

NO! Everyone should get a fair chance to see that email :D
  17. Notih8Darian

omg guys luperza is BANNING ALL NC/TR ACCOUNTS :eek::eek::eek:
    proof:
    [IMG]
  18. deggy

Now that I've been the mature man and taken the high road...

I'm totally saving that series of emails. It's almost as funny as Stew360's rant about Vanu from a few months back.

Also, I got a message from a mod today, maybe the OP is right.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. AUSGrizzly

I don't think its more of the ones camping inside the spawnroom and getting kills that are the ones that hate this the most...
    Its more of the...

"OK lets do this, lets suit up push out from spawn and get back A.... Ready.... Go..o......o...... FFS I JUST GOT KILLED IN SPAWN!"

Its the people that use spawnrooms for what they are, Spawning and Resupplying...

The way to fix this...
    1: SpawnCamping should be made impossible or unreasonable for the Attacking Party to do. As in, either access to the Spawnroom and LOS not able or that they are too busy elsewhere that they can not put people pointing guns at spawn.
    2: Those Spawning inside Spawnrooms can not Fire Weapons or Can only Fire Weapons for ONE CLIP of unresplyable ammo. This will require the players to leave the safety of the invincible doors and get out there and fight, BUT still allow for a dynamic push out by allowing you to shoot before leaving. ALL ammo is returned after leaving spawn...
  20. Pokebreaker

What about Bio Lab teleporter rooms? As the defense, the only thing you can do to shut their rooms down is the leave the inner bio lab temporarily reduced in defense, to push out to their usually well defended outlier. Meanwhile, they have easy teleporter access to the inside, where they can sit inside the shield room, taking protected shots or push out. The inner bio lab teleporter room is as much of a Frontline as the JumpPads.