Harrasser+Vulcan - Killed 2 Sunderers, 4 Light, 2 Mags, 2 Scythes while dodging lockon under 5 min

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Peter Daniel, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Jeslis

Your video is a team of harassers, not a lone one. Point Muted.
    • Up x 3
  2. Van Dax

Right answers, wrong proof.
    I can respect that.
  3. Demetrios

All these people complaining about how OP and easy to use the Harasser is should go drive one into a fight, Harassers are the Liberators of the ground, they are the first thing to die because if you don't deal with them, they will deal with you. If you're dying to Harassers in a tank you either have no situational awareness, are not near your empire, are bad, or D) all of the above. The small arms buff/composite armor nerf was enough, now people know that they can collectively plink Harassers to death, never mind all the COD/BF transplants that only play Heavy. It takes a large amount of certs (6000+) to turn what starts out as a large Flash into a viable tool to actually use. Sad to say that as far as teamwork goes, it's probably the highest skill ceiling thing in the game, people will say "nu uh, you just drive in circles while your gunner shoots things and repairs when you drive away", and that may work for a few minutes, but that will just get you killed repeatedly.

On paper, yes, with Composite Armor it takes 4 shots to kill a Harasser, it takes many more to kill anything from your Harasser, 8-10 Halberd shots, 4 if you expose your rear, an entire mag from a fully upgraded Vulcan (1900 certs) from behind. How often are you going 1 vs 1 with Harassers, or letting them get behind you? It may take 4 shots to kill a Harasser, but this game isn't 1 vs 1, and there are dozens of people around collectively firing on you, that 4 shots turns into 1 or 2 real fast, never mind the MBT having a gunner. Passing the crosshairs of a 2/2 MBT is the most intimidating thing in a Harasser, it's almost always certain death.
  4. biterwylie

I have seen this done many times on Esamir where the Vulcan Harrasser combo works best. I can see how it could happen on that part of Indar.

Btw - don't expect TR to agree to there toys being nerfed. Best gear is TRs faction trait.
  5. Hellhammer

I think some people are making some big generalities here. My first question is, what server did this take place on? This whole situation reads out like it dealt with a bunch of terribad players. Personally, I play on Mattherson, where this particular situation would almost never come to fruition. The NC and VS always bring Harassers, 2/2 MBT (the VS usually sport Sarans and some have Magburner, NC usually have Enforcer) 90% of the time, the ESF pilots rarely fly low, or do a stationary hover (if they start to get locked on they drop flares or just peel off and afterburner away), and they have great Sundy protection methods.

Now I assume that someone *can* have a lucky run, I've even seen it against the TR when I've played, but that doesn't mean the Enforcer/Saran needs a nerf. If the whole lot had bad situational awareness, well then I guess it's farm time. Sink or swim, your choice.
  6. Sovereign533

There are multiple problems with this.
    The first point is that targets far away are easier to kill with the Vanguard because of their lower angular velocity. This means it's easier to track and thus easier to hit. Especially with AP rounds.
    The second point is that you never park your *** against your cover because then you can't back out into cover anymore. The Harasser would just roll around the other side and start firing in your ***. Now your safe zone is no longer safe and with his high angular velocity you can't hit him.
  7. gigastar

I went out to test this and since the Vulcans "nerf" against ESF's, a Vulcan on a Harasser with composite will kill a Lightning with front armor, from the front long before any weapon the Lightning has can kill the Harasser.
  8. Sgtjoeyk

And..

3 undefended sundys, 1 unaware lone magrider, a low flying bad scythe, two lightnings were killed together by two harassers using the terrain and having good gunners. I dont see the problem in the video with the weapons but the scenarios presented which were cake.
    • Up x 2
  9. Demetrios

The Harasser is a 2/2 vehicle, the Lightning is a solo vehicle, also blow for blow with maximum Reload Speed on an AP Lightning with it's highest armor facing the Harasser will win against Halberd without Fire Suppression and against Vulcan with Fire Suppression timed correctly, even without surviving if you land an AP hit or two on the Harasser it will run, if you're with allies as you should be those one or two AP hits are enough. Never mind the fact that the Harasser has the loudest vehicle engine in the game and auto detects at 100m.

The reason Lightnings are the biggest source of EXP in a Harasser is because 70% of them run Viper, 20% Skyguard, 5% HE and 5% HEAT/AP, the Viper pilots are likely new with no certs or off on their own, the Skyguards are either off on their own or have their turret facing the sky. The HE drivers know what they signed up for when they chose that loadout, and the HEAT/AP players are actually menacing if they can aim. Are you saying a stock Lightning or a Skyguard should beat my Harasser that has close to 10,000 certs invested?

People saying that the Vulcan kills Sunderers fast, I just want to say that with 54 hours logged in my Harasser (not saying that it's a lot, it's not), a stock Sunderer with the guns manned, or infantry around it to man the guns, will shred a full Composite Armor Harasser before the magazine dump is finished, which isn't enough to kill a Sunderer even with no Blockade Armor, from the rear, with full magazine certs, never mind all the Engineers who just nanite dump into the Sunderer, invalidating your damage before you finish reloading.

If you want to introduce realism into the argument, may I introduce you to the Harasser?

[IMG]

Would you like it to take one Halberd shot to the treads to disable your MBT, and one tank round to kill the buggies? Maybe a paint drying tier realism milsim game is more your speed.
  10. Lafri

I don't have facts here but a AP/HEAT lightning with maxed reload speed vs a max mag size vulcan harasser should be able to kill/scare the harasser off by putting it into red. Here we are talking about 4 lightnings vs 1 (ONE) harasser.

I just went into VR, it took me 12.44 seconds to kill a stock lightning with a maxed mag size vulcan-H from point blank range to the front would be most likely be 16-17 seconds on a front armor lightning as I would need another reload.
    With a maxed reload speed Lightning AP canon from point blank I take down a stock harasser in 5.81 seconds or 3 shots. Let's say its 8.5 seconds on a max comp. armor harasser.
    I stopped both clocks as the target blew up so give/take 0.5seconds.

Edit:
    Just did the same with a max reload saron-H vs a stock lightning, my TTK was 13.2 seconds from point blank to the front. Second try, it was 13.04 seconds with the saron-H
  11. gigastar

And the Harasser is a buggy, and the Lightning is still a tank, though a small one.

I never said anything about the Halberd on a Harasser. I have a much more lenient view on common pool weapons where they dont totally wreck the balance. And the Vulcan-H, and the Marauder-H too for that matter, are not balanced.

Nobody should be forced to take fire surpression on thier Lightning just to deal with the likes of you. We already have to deal with Jihadists C4/Tank Mine suiciders.

And the Harasser never needs to run from a Lightning, even if it has allies. Few people actually run front armor so they dont even get that marginal protection, and the Harasser has a habit of evading the sorts of things that would normally bring it down.

And the reason why Lightnings are Harasser food is not because of preferred loadout, its because in the Vulcans "nerf" against ESF's, the resulting damage changes resulted in additional ~22% damage output against Lightnings.

And dont put words in my mouth. I said nothing about a stock Lightning.

Veiled insults wont get you anywhere. And the only way its going to get me is dismissing you as 4th factioning scum and going to sleep early.
  12. gigastar

I think more testing is required.

As in tests not using stock vehicles.

Im already trying to get a hold of someoone in my outfit whos capable of recording.
    • Up x 1
  13. Lafri

lets meet on the test server in 10 mins? If you have a TS we can talk too.
  14. gigastar

Nah, its just gone 1am here, and i actually have things i need to be up for in the morning.

If my outfit guys dont come through, ill PM you and we can thrash an arrangement.
  15. Lafri

Oh yea right, just noticed it's kinda late. 4 night shifts in a row blew my normal time schedule appart ;)
    Feel free to PM me, I'm always up for some real tests.
    Good night.
  16. Demetrios

What part of team game didn't you understand? If you want to solo, go play something else. Regarding the fourth faction comment, I've been TR since the launch of Planetside 1, if you don't like it, don't play.
  17. SNAFUS

So your mad because your team aim sucks so bad they can't even hit something with a lock on?
  18. gigastar

In what stupid little world do you live where people exclude themselves from something they enjoy just because they dont like a community?

...Actually such a world would have one hell of a metagame going for it.
  19. MarioPIe

faced one of those too.
    killed 3 sundies with barricade, 2 vanguards, 7 lighnings, shot lockons out of the air, killed some of the NC on 2 other continents and resurrected hitler which in turn, created a paradox that opened a wormhole where the german army rode through riding robotic dinosaurs that shot supernovas from their eyes.
  20. BigMacDeez

Remove the rumble seat. Make PS2 Harassers more like those from PS1. Half of the whining will cease, and then Forumside can focus solely on the Vulcan, the weapon you have to be within 50m or less of a target for it to be useful.