Briggs NC pick up your game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BigIronRanger, Sep 17, 2013.

1. BigIronRanger

lol sort of but its kinda the other way around its more bladams and burkderp and all the top light TR light assaults that are always camping the roofs of biolabs for me.
  2. EnviousCipher

If only you could hear the rants about how useless LA in TS :p
  3. Blackinvictus

AUNC is still in the house buddy.

On topic, I may be talking out of my *** here, but I think the big thing that killed us as a faction, was Lattice. Took the epic strategic gameplay of the old day's away and made it predictable. After Lattice, big Trol (now insert whatever TR zerg Outfit you'd like here_______) zerg shows up, you have three choices. Get farmed, join the zerg, or get farmed. Can't go behind and back cap, force them into splitting up like you could in the old days. Put the beacon at the next line, next, next.

That's just good old indar scrapping, multiply X 100 for alerts. Gets old. A single squad used to be able to make a difference but now its all about the zerg numbers. He who has the biggest zerg wins.

I think a lot of people got turned off by that loss of depth and moved on. It kind of blows and I sure hope they do something to make it more interesting in the future.

Those old server wide events we used to have were a blast as well. Galaxy Pirates anyone?
    • Up x 1
  4. Slamm

For some reason on Briggs right now the TR are riding a huge wave of success and it shows on the scoreboard (alert wins), look at monthly score and you will see a sea of red names right now especially in the top 50 (I counted 31/50 TR in top 50). For kills its also pretty lopsided. I counted 26/100 NC in the top 100 monthly for kills and 26/100 VS, hence 48/100 being TR for kills at this current time.

I guess I just wanted to point out that it isn't 'mainly VS and TR', its just mainly TR. I remember last month it wasn't this bad and there were a few more NC and VS scoring and killing highly.

And I think the reason for that is because no one wants to fight BRRRRRRT and strikers, and maybe also to do with population imbalances on briggs right now which are (In my opinoin) directly related to people wanting to use TR weapons. Briggs used to be known as one of the (if not the most) balanced servers on PS2, but right now it really isn't.

Thats just my $0.02
    • Up x 1
  5. dirtYbird

o_O Hey I think we found the problem.
  6. BigIronRanger

huh?
  7. TheUltimateChing

What is that supposed to mean?
  8. Brusilov [TR]

Oh Briggs,
    you so nooby
  9. BigIronRanger

Oi chinga what you doin on the forumz first time i've seen you on.
  10. TheFullCologne

go on..
  11. HooWoo

NC pls don't pick up your game

I'm quite enjoying the farm to Br 100 XD got Br 99 and half way to Br 100 in one day.
  12. TheFullCologne

;D
    • Up x 1
  13. HooWoo

Sums me up perfectly
  14. TheUltimateChing

Seeing what things people are saying about NC thats all <3
  15. AxisO7

I'm sorry, but that's just not being able to modify your game to suit the new style. It's not as easy for one squad to make a difference, but why should it be 'easy'? Where's the fun in 'easy'? Make it difficult, but still possible if you are willing and able to create and look for the opportunities. We in JUGA took a while to fully work out new tactics and strategies for the new lattice system, but now that we have it's actually started annoying us when we go to Amerish and have to fall back to the old ways. Even one of our members who used to hate the lattice commented the other day that he can't wait for Amerish to get lattice so that it can become the best continent again (a lot of people in JUGA feel Amerish 'should' be the best continent, if only we could get people to fight on it). Admittedly we normally run two squads these days which does make it a little easier, but that's only a recent development.

In saying that, I guess it would be more difficult on the busier American and European servers, so I won't speak entirely for them. But on Briggs it is still definitely possible for one squad to make a significant difference.

As for TR on Briggs as a whole, we started being the most successful faction on the server while we still had lower pop than VS and either equal or lower pop than NC (can't remember the exact moment where it felt like we were on top). Then the 4th factioners who wanted to win joined us, then the warpgates switched and the 5th factioners joined us for the northern warpgate, then more of the 'we want to win the alerts without being a contributing factor' scum joined us, and suddenly we had massive overpop.
  16. Lessonteacher

Having players on the top of the leaderboard is not going to do anything to make the faction more successful... So it confuses me how your thread even got to talking about that. When i log into the game i am running squads, flying gals and dying on my map screen...

You know a long while ago TR was the ones getting warpgated while our populations farmed at stupid locations and there I was driving my sunderer out into the desert to get the few players who werent at the broken crown or the ******** skydock pushing out... Then JUGA, in the harsh north under the crushing will of the ******** map design, was formed from the few members we had in AUG active.

If you want to change the mentality of the players and get them to improve it starts with those people on the top... taking the initiative to assist the rest, not continuing to farm till they burn out and fade away to another game. If anything the people who are on the top are the worst ones making the least contribution as they know what needs to be done but they are too busy trying to score the most kills each day so that they can come and make posts about it on the forums. Rather they could organise a squad, run pub squads, and build the overall skill base and mentality of the zerg players so that they don't log onto the game and search for the best place to farm so that they can get the greatest score and come to the forums to post about it like their glorious predecessors.

When i log into NC i see 2 - 4 open squads that i can join and none of them have clear objective focused direction. When i log into TR i get 2 pages worth. I never log into VS cause i hate that faction so bad...
    • Up x 1
  17. AlmostTerrible

Every time I visit my NC alt., I always see random sunderers camped on a cliff - with 20 infiltrators caped around it taking pot shots at enemies below. Even more so, I see dozens of NC infiltrators sniping when they shouldn't be. Starting with a bolt-action sniper just brings in the XxxX1337360NOSCOPELOLGETWREKDKIDXxxX players who snipe all day.

Also, as a general statement, NC players care more about stats than actually achieving anything. That mentality will make you lose every time.