Luminosity, anyone?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Frenk, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Frenk

What's your luminosity setting? Mine is at 0.50, but I noticed that if I put luminosity at 0 everything just looks better. Night is wonderful (probably because it's a real night, and it's hard to see anything) and the day is not like the sun in BF3 beta. Is it a problem of my screen? Or is it the game?
  2. haldolium

High = better view, unless for certain settings where the specular maps are going mad at you. Also ruins all vision optics.
    Low = looks better, yet makes a lot of **** hard to see.

No optimal settings available in PS2. Lots of work to be done. ETA 2015.
  3. Primarkka

I have my brightness at 100, can't let anyone have the slightest of an edge on me when I'm playing to win.
  4. Craftyman

what is luminosity? do you mean brightness?
  5. Frenk

Oh, sorry. I badly translated it from my mother language. Yes, I mean brightness.
  6. veselie

When I started to playing, the game was too dark for me. I took a look at brightness and it was set to 0 then I increased it to 0.5 the default value. I've seen some videos on youtube which are dark, even the ones from Wrel . Maybe they don't know that 0.5 is the default value or is it fraps that makes the video a little darker.
  7. DashRendar

Brightness on 0 for me, and I have the game set to revert Windows to standard colors when launched (makes a big difference in overall quality and you should try it if you haven't).
  8. Testament

I wonder if 0 brightness during daytime makes it easier to spot targets with IRNV scope. Guess I'll have to test that tonight.
  9. ManualReplica

Brightness 0 = Semi-beta nights, except that everyone but you have night vision/great night seeing.
    Have fun shooting at dark orange doritos.