Briggs Vanu: "Briggs TR has 40+% population - better attack NC"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MykeMichail, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Yloh

Yeah, Miller has the same backround. If i see the bloody mindless VS zerg heading over to Tawrich or is already fighting there (AND is losing Hvar and Allatum the same time without some little will to defend), i instantly log out and switch to NC. This bullshid really drives me crazy.
    On the other hand i personally enjoy fighting NC over TR myself. :(
  2. FocusLight

Well, at least your not crying about the T1 Cycler yet, I can continue to enjoy it for what it is without being reminded how TOTALLY OP it is.
  3. Kociboss

Has anyone ever said that ;p
  4. FocusLight

One day man, one day people will cry about the T1 Cycler :D
  5. Zazulio

Well, attacking the other factions is the point of the game. Albeit, as an NC, it does feel like I'm fighting TR way more often than Vanu. Of course, that could just be because TR are massively overpopulated, and thus can hold the attention of both the Vanu and the NC at the same time. We're all too busy fighting the TR to fight each other.
    • Up x 1
  6. NovaAustralis

Further to this, if both the VS and all of NC actually bothered to show up to alerts there might be a pretty even three-way fight that would make alerts more fun and interesting rather than the constant TR steam-rolls courtesy of the 4th faction...
    • Up x 1
  7. Placate

I was saying last week "man it's starting to feel like the TR glory days again" and now it definitely feels like it. What is going on with the Vanu lately? Did they all get tired? TR have been chugging along, we fight in the good times and we fight in the bad times being the typical stoic mofo's we are. Now it looks like thanks to Rebel Scum and AG7 the NC have gotten there act together. However instead of a strong 3 way competition the poor NC are having to fight the battle hardened TR and the Vanu as well.

Oh well can't say the game isn't interesting.
  8. Bill Hicks

Overrated. Sabr is better.
  9. theholeyone

VS has lost the forth faction after a long period of overpopulation, and our zerg simply doesn't know how to cope. But don't blame all of VS, a lot of us have been focusing on TR; its probably just our zerg which wants to pick the low hanging NC fruit.

Tbh, my only suggestion is to lose that territory between NC and VS so TR can push down the middle and force and engagement against VS.
  10. HooWoo

Yeah funny how we were underpopped on Indar before, and VS AND NC were attacking us but not themselves, NOT A SINGLE TERRITORY WAS BEING CAPTURED AT ALL and we had less than 20% of the territory on Indar.

**** like this frustrates me but it happens for everyone equally.
  11. HooWoo

No no no no no

T1 Cycler is master race, easily my favourite weapon in the game because of it's sheer versatility.

Just like the M16A3 in BattleField 3 :')
  12. EnviousCipher

I prefer fighting NC, more fun since its a more balanced fight.
  13. Sen7rygun

Bullsh*t.

Your denial collapsed inside the very next sentence of the post. You spend the next 2 paragraphs justifying your alliance with the VS after trying to claim it never happened.

The period now is the first time since a couple of weeks after launch that the TR have had any sort of population advantage. Other than that we've spent the last 11 months getting ground into the floor by the VS and NC zergs of 41BN, TROL and other sizeable forces. The current TR forces have been made by continuously fighting ridiculous odds and it being a totally normal thing for us. When we had 3 TROL platoons land on us and (and/or whatever broken rabble was left over on the NC after 41BN vanished) we wouldn't care, our standard response is "Just keep shooting, pushing sh*t uphill with a pointy stick is what we do in the TR.". Our outfits have learned to work together with great coordination and application of force, we distribute our numbers well and don't win fights just by smashing targets with more numbers than they can handle and once we got the strategy and rapid force deployment sorted out for when the TROL zerg got moving they just broke down and quit on us. As a result the 4th faction is now flocking to us because we're the only faction on the server thats got its sh*t sorted and you're being a sore loser about it.

I was talking to some people last night and general consensus among the hardened TR core of Briggs (ie the long term regulars, not the temporary conscripted 4th faction leeches) is that our overpopulation is bad for our faction. We aren't going to bend over and start losing fights just so the 4th faction abandon ship and go scurrying back to whatever back lines of your factions they crawled from so we just have to deal with the situation until you guys can get your act together and start putting up enough of a fight for people to want to join you. If you think you and the VS are in a bad way now you should have tried playing TR when we were having daily max populations of around 12%. You've got no idea what a tough fight is.

Realistically what's going to happen over time is that the TR on Briggs as a faction going to soften up because attending a one sided turkey shoot isn't exactly good training for our guys. Either something drastic is going to have to happen that balances out the 4th faction, you guys are going to have to get organised or you're just going to have to tough it out until our numbers fall away naturally once your people are used to fighting vastly superior numbers and the 4th faction gets sick of being your cannon fodder and rejoins you.

You've only been dealing with this for a few weeks now. We dealt with lower population for more than 10 months straight. I can't wait to see what kind of whimpering mess you'll be in if this TR population surge lasts as long as the NC/VS dominance has previously on this server.

You can't blame our warpgate or weapons. There are NC and VS from other servers in this thread reading on scratching their heads because where they come from its your factions doing the a**kicking. We're just more organised and better at it than you are at the moment.
    • Up x 4
  14. theholeyone

No take-backsies! They're your scrubs now :eek:
    • Up x 1
  15. Sen7rygun

:(

Edit: Heres the current server population as of about 30 seconds ago. Not exactly game breaking. The VS are looking a bit low atm because they're in the middle of having a 1500 member outfit explode but other than that its not exactly critical mass. Any MAJOR variations are happening at alert time when all the 4th factioners from the NC and VS jump ship to join the red army.

[IMG]
  16. Afifikas

But they were supposed to have been enlightened by Vanu! :eek: How could they have turned away from enlightenment to join the battle-hardened cynical and grimdark army of the Terran Republic?!
  17. Spartan 117

Everyone enjoys attacking NC. I wonder why??? <-------In case some missed it, heavily laced with sarcasm.
  18. Vrti

Credit to the Vanu then, as the NC were overpop for a long, long time - right until the ZoE max. As I recall, even after the 4th faction started ruining the alerts with a massive NC bias, for the longest time, every Indar alert or even pop instance was won by the TR or VS.

It's nice to see the metagame is making people care about territory and start playing a military game instead of a 'spawn and individually find things to shoot on Indar with the most OP weapons/classes' deathmatch:):) .

The time for 4th factioning to is largely over, with metagame elements being implemented. 4th factioning effectively wastes time/certs into a blackhole character - it's only logical if for some reason a player finds some minor factional variance immensely entertaining or they do it for for tRL friends (this doesn't include permanently switching sides to balance overpop).

The only thing 4th factioners get out of it really, is an alert victory graphic which lasts for a second; Everything else gained is wasted.

Time to choose a side!

Is it me, or does anyone not remember instances where the NC went after VS during specific alerts when the VS was the most underpopped - even quite recently.

Wow, cowardly? It's not as if this tactic and every other variation wasn't repeatedly attempted those days - the NC just never had the nous or luck to pull it off. I recall glancing through the 41BN forums when I was new and looking at the outfit scene, and seeing references to failed attempts in a thread about the metagame.

Those days, continent locks against two enemies were almost impossible to achieve even during off peak hours. The current locks are lukewarm things which people don't care much about.

I don't have a problem with simultaneous ops against the lock holder though, as that is strategically logical and part of the challenge of holding a lock.

It's not so much the continent lock as much as keeping Indar that was difficult - and the TR were able to resist the joint ops for a long, long time while being underpopped. This is why it sticks in memory, and is definitely not undeserved.

Not something to do with TROL moving to NC/TR or what ever, then..

Is this when the NC were almost warpgated by the VS? In any case, Auraxis isn't purely Indar and neither is the competition:eek: . The other two continents were almost completely TR then, and the NC seemed to keep fighting on Indar against the VS over a tiny bit of territory.

I do agree completely that the sides in the 2nd and 3rd strongest positions concentrating on each other is essentially conceding the competition - losers get nothing. Logically both sides should move against the strongest, it's easy to check on the map to ensure there aren't any incursions, in anticipation of a backstab or some very aggressive move against the strongest, when strategic positions are close to even.

If all access for the 3rd strongest side to move against the strongest side on all continents were blocked by the 2nd strongest that's illogical, but I have yet to see it.

The current scores are here, gentlemen. NC Briggs are the 3rd worst NC, and VS Briggs appear not to know about the competition with the lowest VS score due to a lazy start. Long way to go yet.

Unfortunately SOE, mind mindbogglingly, hasn't seen fit to adjust score for global overpop, so that overpop factions need more territory for the same score depending on overpop at the time.

Good luck, have fun!.
  19. MykeMichail

Funny how you dealt with lower population for more than 10 months straight when the game HASN'T BEEN OUT FOR 10 MONTHS YET.

You're more than welcome to come the forums playing the victim but please don't simply make up bullcrap stories about how underpopped you were for how long.

You act like VS/TR never ganged up on NC or NC/TR never ganged up on VS. This USED TO BE the status quo. Undeserved continent caps (capping a continent at 10 am in the morning when most of us are at work or still asleep) were met with swift retribution from both the other factions.

I've been on Briggs from day 1. My character was created under 12 hours after the server went live. It would've been created sooner, but Briggs came up later than Connery (where my first toon still resides) and I had to go to work before it launched.

TR's period of underpopulation was probably the longest and most severe on the server. I'm not disagreeing with you on that part. But in no way was there deliberate, systematic, perpetual attacks on TR as there currently is on NC.

I log in to my NC main. We're getting nailed by VS and TR on every front we have.

I log into my VS alt. I hit instant action - almost ALWAYS takes me to a VS vs NC fight. I join a platoon - they're almost always fighting NC. I log into my TR alt. Pretty much the same thing.

I decide to go and join a fight on the TR/VS border - there's hardly any action.

To try to say "TR was ganged up on in the past, we were underpopulated. You deserve everything you get!" is pretty much a load of bull. Were TR ganged up on? Yes. So was everyone else. Was TR underpop? Yes. Just as every other faction has been at some point. Was TR underpop and deliberately ganged up on simultaneously? Yes, because you decided to be sneaky little cowards and cap Indar whilst everyone was at work. Were they deliberately ganged up on, whilst underpopped, perpetually and systematically for no particular reason? No. And there lies the key difference.
    • Up x 1
  20. NovaAustralis

I think all of this comes to down to several 'stars' aligning:

1. TR have the north WG on Indar (always an advantage and for any faction holding it),
    2. TR have pretty much all the best 'toys' at the moment (see every "Striker is OP" thread ever) which they haven't always had including times when they held the north WG on Indar before,
    3. points 1 and 2 have attracted the '4th faction' to TR (and the resultant zergs), and
    4. Briggs NC leadership / outfits are in a state of flux / re-organisation (leaving the NC slightly weakened for the time being).

I'm interested to what happens when any one of these items is changed.

For example:
    - NC get the north WG of Indar next, correct?
    - Striker nerf is in the works.
    - Briggs NC outfits are gaining ground again, slowly but surely.
    • Up x 1