[liberators] any reason to use the shredder?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MarioPIe, Sep 17, 2013.

1. phreec

[IMG]

Mags.
  2. Blarg20011

[IMG]
    clips
    • Up x 2
  3. NC_agent00kevin

Clips feed the magazine. Some guns have internal magazines (such as the M1 Garand) and are fed by a clip. Some guns simply have magazines that are filled and inserted/removed when full/empty. All clips do is make filling the magazine more efficient.

The. End.
    • Up x 1
  4. NC_agent00kevin

We use Shredder Libs for AA Libs. Shredders are excellent AA platforms.

They are great for tanks too but you have to be low, which is dangerous. If you're at Daltonesque altitudes its going to take a while to kill tanks and you're best used as support for ground vehicles fighting enemy ground vehicles. If you can manage to stay alive low, then you'll be the one in charge.
  5. Robes

Good AA if you cant keep up with a dalton
  6. HLM

Got any tips for surviving at low altitudes in the lib?
    First thing that comes to mind when I think of a liberator anywhere near close to the ground is the ENTIRE world population shooting at it.
  7. The Shermanator

I don't know if it's actually true, but I'm not a fan of it because the range of motion for the shredder feels worse.
  8. hammyhamm

Shredder is effective for AA and suprisingly effective against small, fast things and more forgiving when you have a newbie gunner. Although not as great for killing infantry as the Zepher, it can snipe them relatively well with good aim.
  9. theholeyone

Do shredder round inherit the libs momentum?

The fact that dalton rounds don't takes a bit of getting used to for AA (and makes it easier for AG) so am wondering if the shredder has that quirk too?
  10. Notih8Darian

****, derp moment lol
  11. Neurotoxin

No, shredder bullets go exactly where the crosshairs are pointed regardless of speed. This makes it a perfect infantry killer with Night Vision, if you have a kickass pilot.
    • Up x 1
  12. THUGGERNAUT

shredders are nasty and eat armor for breakfast. they're especially powerful with the magazine size upgrade.
  13. Karzi

In the right hands shredder libs can be a powerfull AA and A2G killer , but it requires
    A good pilot
    A good gunner.

And they need to be good team to work together , but they it can be a really nasty weapon.
  14. XRIST0

Shredder is devastating , prefer using it over dalton any day .
  15. Neurotoxin

Coming to the realization that Zepher direct hits are the only things that harm armor, I'd say it is the least effective for anything except indirect infantry carpet bombing while making fast passes over a base.

Dalton is great for situations where there's too much flak to stay low, and using max zoom makes it work a that range. Shredder does suffer damage degradation over range, and the cone matters more at 300+ meters in terms of getting accurate direct hits.
  16. Commander Tychus

Alright...alright. Nuff' said on these Magazines and Clips debate.

This video settles it.

17. DEL1001

your misunderstanding the power of the scredder. when do get CLOSE your a monster. you can tear anyone appart. it has 2 ranges close for max damage and long range. the damage dropof starts fast so dont choose the middle ground. Ive got some gunners and myself know who love the scredder. when you get close and land your forgiving shots you can down armour in a 1 or 2 magazines. especially when youve certed ammo cap. one thing to note THE SCREDER can output MORE DPS then the TANKBUSTER. so yeah its a very good weapon. the reason why people hate it is because you need a better pilot for it. the lib must be well equipt and because it isnt as cool as those fancy nerfed explosive bellyguns.

anti armour
    - dalton (better at long range)
    - schredder
    - zepher its just poop for that

anti infantry
    -zepher (spam the nerfed rounds around)
    - schredder ( couple of hits kils infantry abour 5-7 a max)
    - dalton (can be good w/ high reload speed)

Anti Air
    - scredder high damage output and is forgiving
    - dalton ohk ESF 2hk lib
    - zepher its poop again

so basicaly then you know what to do then can you base at an alround fight that scredder it the best and then dalton and the o so overpowered zepher(looking at the whining about its anti armour and anti air capabilitys isnt that good at al.) one thing comminucation is key. you need to get close so everything does alot of damage to you as well. the schredder is NOT underpowered but UNDERRATED. im planning on buying some ammo upgrades for it. if you want to try its potencial go to VR w/ a good pilot and test it out. I was surprised by its power and potencial too. i always swore to the dalton and zepher becouse the schredder was crap. till i hoped into a lib of a friend of mine and killed around everything just as easy as w/ the other ones. its also easyer to hit shots while moving at fast speeds.
  18. GhostAvatar

What on earth are you smoking. The shredder can kill a Vanguard in half the time it takes the Dalton. 1/3 of the time if you fully cert the Shedder, compared to a fully certed Dalton. The Shredder has the second highest DPS in the game (after the Tank Buster) and literally shreds vehicles.