New NC Weapon?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DurandaI, Sep 18, 2013.

1. FocusLight

Because Crysis was the first game to include a railgun, any anyone who has one after rips them off :rolleyes:

Almost without doubt this is the new NC sniper-weapon - a hand-carried hyper-velocity matter-accelerator, otherwise known as a railgun, or coilgun. Fits right in with the NC, but if this thing don't OHK regardless of where you hit the enemy I will question what soldiers are made of on Auraxis, to resist the kind of extreme kinetic force this baby will produce :eek:

And ofc I hope the TR and VS versions are up to par, otherwise the NC will soon make this NCside 2 with 95% Infiltrators shooting anyone in sight.
    • Up x 1
  2. NikkoJT

That's not what I said.
    I said it actually looks like a ripoff. It's visually extremely similar, and if on top of that it actually is a railgun, then...
  3. FocusLight

To be fair, given how a railgun works, one can only design it that many ways without making it look like something completely different.

How would you design it if you wanted to design a railgun and have it not just look like a railgun, but an arch-typical NC weapon? It looks exactly like I'd imagine it look, even if the stock could go a bit longer back, tbh.
    • Up x 1
  4. Daisse

**** with the pro-shotgun talk! At least add /sarcasm to posts about wanting MORE NC shotgun weapons unless you want the dev's see it and get the idea that we think shotguns are an awesome faction trait. Watch us get actual shotgun sniper rifle while the TR get one that locks onto infantry. TYVM
  5. Delnar_Ersike

"A society that gets enjoyment from acting a fool will soon be flooded with actual fools thinking they are in good company."
    - Rene Descartes
    • Up x 4
  6. NC_agent00kevin

Before the Crysis Gauss Gun there was the Farsight (Perfect Dark N64 Rail gun)

Quake II, Red Faction, Goldeneye Rogue Agent, and Timesplitters: Future Perfect all had rail guns. Crysis was by far not the first. Im sure there are tons of other games I never played dating prior to Crysis that had rail guns.

Edit:
    I am now reminded of how much pwnage I administered with the Mag Rail gun from Rogue Agent. Dual wielding them was beastly.
  7. NikkoJT

I remember seeing a render of a Vanguard railgun turret...I'd make it look like a rifle-ized version of that. It had two blocky rails, one above the other.
  8. TheBlindFreak

True I was half joking , but I kind of like the idea of a rifle similar to the Skull Smasher of Borderlands 2. Although I would rather get a bad-*** railgun instead that makes my enemies cower in fear.
  9. DurandaI

Here ya go.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  10. FocusLight

SEXY <3 See if the NC got this and TR got the Proweler re-modeled to be a longer, more rectangular tank with a single barrel that simply fire twice before re-load, I would be so much more happy. Then if the VS got a hover-platform with a movable turret on it, armed with a high-caliber version of the Lancer, and TR and NC tanks had more turret stabilization, all would be well, far as MBT's are concerned.
  11. Testament

Wow, that's a strange looking shotgun!
    • Up x 2
  12. DurandaI

Hey, i wouldnt at all mind if our infils got a shotgun, that sounds potentially OP
  13. CrashB111

You don't even have to do that just one change is all the Prowler needs.

From This:
    http://4.bp.************/-5nFlMW2Wqv8/UWyjuzlm1PI/AAAAAAAAFZM/L-gsdeE-CXs/s1600/PlanetSide2+Prowler.PNG

To This:
    [IMG]

Note the different Turret Placements.
  14. DurandaI

Also note the sexy sexy vehicle entry animations
    • Up x 1
  15. WV17

Aren't these the fabled new anti-material rifles?
  16. NoblePixel

It would be pretty cool if it was some sort of railgun. The NC are supposed to use rail guns, and I haven't seen an awesome railgun yet :p
  17. MarioPIe

NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!
  18. MarioPIe

*AHEM* Gauss Rifles. totally different
  19. Iridar51

But infiltrators already got a shotgun, called Renegade. It even comes with flash attached, how cool is that?

The stock on that railgun is probably retractable, and in it's "non-retracted" state on the pic.
  20. hammyhamm

Sorry, but the style of the grip is like the Magshot, the rest of the casing is more like NC weaponry. This isn't boxy enough to match with the consistent NS weapon-design, and even comes coloured in NC livery.

I'm expecting this to be some kind of anti-material rifle, not intended for AI use (but lol it will be used for that anyway)