Comin' back

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xGreedFuSioN, Sep 17, 2013.

1. xGreedFuSioN

I have about 400 hours in ps2, haven't played since GU09ish. Downloading updates atm. What to expect? Don't feel like reading through a book of patch notes. c:
  2. Delnar_Ersike

Well... for one, expect a lot more "cheap" deaths and a lot more interesting weapons to play with. Harassers, Empire specific rocket launchers, and MAX abilities all fall into both categories, all manner of shotguns and the 2nd gen SMGs fall into the second category (and some would argue the first one as well). Oh yeah, and with Nanoweave suddenly becoming extremely popular, don't expect OHKs for sniping headshots anymore.

If you're a TR player, you'll be fine; if you're NC, you'll be disappointed with how you barely got any goodies, and as VS, you'll be disappointed at first, until you realize how some of the new stuff is very useful (and possibly game-breaking, in the case of the ZOE MAX ability).
    • Up x 2
  3. Archverse

Expect Pop imbalance.. During "ALERTS" and expect more cheapness from TR
    • Up x 1
  4. xGreedFuSioN

Sounds like exactly how it was before. I left right after the ZOE maxes came out.
  5. Sen7rygun

Expect no significant changes. Was the lattice in play before you left? Other than that, strikers must maintain a visual lock (keep crosshairs on target) in order to keep the missiles tracking.

Thats about all really. More people than usual complaining about the sky falling on the forums though.
  6. Rogueghost

Unless you play on the master server Connery, where pops are mostly even.
    • Up x 1
  7. ROMNEYTRON

Connerdites master race reporting in.
  8. MasonSTL

I don't know how people always leave this out. Esamir had a total revamp.
  9. wolfva

Yeah, I just came back last week after leaving back in April. It's the same old complaints, nothing's really changed.

Except there have been changes; it seems they redid the vehicle and weapon certs, so you may find you've lost a bunch of stuff. I know when I left my lightning and flash were almost fully loaded; when I came back all I had on my tank was 1 bar of armor. Same with most of my other suits.

Combat does seem more interesting now. I've been getting into some awesome fights this last week; makes me glad I came back.
  10. Ash87

Welcome back
  11. Lucidius134

Might wanna report that instead of spreading it around as a 'common bug'. I havn't heard of this happening yet.
  12. wolfva

Report WHAT as a 'common bug'? I'm sorry, perhaps you are such a quantified genius that you are able to look into the cobwebby recesses of my mind and see what I REALLY meant to say when I myself didn't. See, what *I* think is when they redid vehicles and weapons they got rid of some stuff, and the certs along with it. If only for inactive accounts at the time; it's quite possible they refunded those certs to the active people who asked for them. If this is so, then us inactive people snoozed and losed. I don't see how THAT could be a bug. For instance, the 'mountain climbing' chassis for the lightning....used to be you could get that and go up steep hills that other tanks couldn't. Well, that doesn't exist anymore. OMG! It must be a BUG that it was removed! I better go report it! Right?

Welcome to my snarky side. It comes out when some sanctimonious **** decides to pontifiy upon something I said as if he knew what I was talking about but doesn't. It used to be quite an entertaining feature on these forums, albeit a bit of a headache for the mods. Here's a clue, I say what I mean. There are no hidden meanings. If I was talking about something I thought of as a bug, I'd've said, "Hey, I think this is a bug...." I did not do that in this case. Don't put words in my mouth. It makes me cranky.
  13. Lucidius134

Kind of an awful example since those havn't existed since beta and arn't relevant. Removing weapons and redoing cert trees? What are you talking about? I can only think of 1 weapon off hand that has been completely changed in how it functions. (C75 Viper)

p.s: I'm genuinely curious so you might wanna cut the insults out.
  14. IamDH

Not much
    Because no one wants to leave Indarside
  15. Kunavi

If any of you left due to ZOE, you will not stay long.
  16. xGreedFuSioN

I didn't leave because of it, I just kinda happened to get tired of it around that time. ZOE wasn't that bad.
  17. Ash87

I don't have long, if I divulge this, they will put me back in the cage, but I must tell you... The ZOE evolved... it has taken over. The entire game is just people being pushed about by our ZOE overlords. All media is suppressed. All protests are put down. Dissonance cannot be tolerated in this new world of ZOE dominated Orwellian Superstate. If and when you log on, you will be processed, tagged, numbered, and put into a bin, to be chopped up and processed as food for the ZOE masters.

Bullets Don't Affect Them

They do not sleep

They do not eat

They do not love

They only consume.

OH GOD, THEY FOUND ME NOOO--------

(Or at least this is how people talk about the zoe these days... Or strikers, if your not TR)
  18. xGreedFuSioN

Sounds like something right out of crysis. Jeez. They weren't that bad D:
  19. Ash87

And they still aren't. You just need one of the most coveted and difficult to master arts of killing in Planetside, you press the prox Coms button and say: "Everyone, shoot the glowing pink guy"

...Which apparently is super difficult to do.
  20. t31os

I find there's cheap players only, not specific to a single faction..

If i wanted to nitpick i could give examples of lame stuff that's killed me both from NC and VS(i won't though, i just chalk it up as cheese and you get that in ALOT of games), but it's just part of playing games. People will use cheap tactics, weapons people believe to be OP(and sometimes are), or whatever else makes them look(in their head mainly) good or gets them easy wins(kills, etc), it's the nature of games.

People like to win, people like to cheat, people don't care about your feelings when they're blowing out your virtual brains with X, Y or Z, it gives them enjoyment and for most people it's *My Enjoyment > Your Enjoyment*.. (not literally). If people played honorably, there most likely wouldn't be hackers in games, or hacks for them...