ZOE Is still a problem.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Ned, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Botji

Personally I would be fine with not getting the extra damage if I could keep the speed and drop the glowy, perhaps lowering the damage taken too a little. VS as a faction likes mobility and thats what I use ZOE for, I have only the first level and I use it for moving around and get where I need to be, not do extra damage.
  2. MasterDemoman

The problem isn't so much ZOE as it is the devs in all their infinite wisdom and glory gave NC/TR defensive abilities while giving VS an offensive one.

Sincerely: An NC who wouldn't mind if he had some offensive ability, also if he could kill something beyond 8m.
  3. BITES

The main problem I have with ZOE's is that people are still going on about them constantly.... they have to reload like everyone else (fyi you can't shoot AND reload...) ...and they glow bright as hell pink basically wearing a "Shoot me" sign.

Basically the worst thing about ZOE's is some goober screaming "ZOMG 2 ZOES ON BLAH BLAH" .. like jesus just decended in the form a ZOE with Rapture bullets... overhyping them makes them seem much worse than they really are.
    • Up x 2
  4. Furluge

Actually mobility was supposed to be the TR's thing. It's the reason they gave overdrive increased movement in PS1 when they gave it to the TR. And no, I don't know why they keep deciding that the faction that's about movement speed wants abilities to /stop moving/.

Anyway, I really do think that out of the ZOE benefits, it's most likely the fact that they walk, strafe, and walk backwards faster than infantry which unbalances them the most. I'm not entirely sure the ability only granting the movement would fix the problem.
  5. Worxe

Slugged mattocks would like a word with you, from around 35 to 40 meters.
    • Up x 2
  6. Gutseen

TR is all about fire rate & insane amounts of led coming from them.
    give TR MAX-es a second pair of wrist mouted guns instead of lockdown + less movement + no sprint + a slow regen shield.
    dat'll be fine.
  7. Schwak

People try and tell me that they are easy to hit (even VS) and I'm like nope. The most broken part is that walking speed because they can shoot while they walk. Who thought that shooting while going almost the original sprint speed was a good idea. People don't understand how fast they overwhelm. If you are going to charge then use the charge ability.
    • Up x 1
  8. Larolyn

Am I one of the few people who think that the ZOE is in a good place right now? If I am on my heavy I can just pop Resist Shield with full Nanoweave and practically go toe to toe with a ZOE MAX. They take such a ridiculous amount of damage from small arms fire that me unloading my EM6 in to a ZOEs face - yes, shoot the head, it's more vulnerable - will either net me the kill or see me dying and my squadmate netting the kill followed by me being revived and him being dead.

Sure the first incarnation of the ZOE was brutal but even then I found ways to combat them. Now I am just laughing all the way to the kill or assist with the extra vulnerability to small arms fire they have.
    • Up x 1
  9. Unclematos7

Once went ADAD on a fracMax. It was funny warching him desperstely trying to lead me.
  10. VSSSSSSSSFTW

Tested zoe level 4 and found out that it seems slower to kill and recoil seems to increase and taking 1 shot of rocket launcher left me 5 bar hp.
  11. Sonahit

Gratz, you found this before 3 month.
  12. supernauttt

correction, it should be said like this, "Jesus, do you speak English?" im an engineering major btw, but good try, if you want to feel big and bad by correcting peoples grammar on a forum about a PC game clearly you need attention..or help lol...
  13. CaligoIllioneus

When TR had overdrive, VS maxes could fly :p

Anyways yes, lockdown is useless and I don't know why it exists.

VS Max is very mobility and offense focused, NC Max is all about defense and CQC, TR Max needs to find its uniqueness, too.
  14. BigDeezMac

this crap is abused by known hackers nerf it
  15. Metalsheep

Overdrive did NOT boost movement speed in PS1, it did on the test server. It was hilarious, a Burster MAX could nearly chase down aircraft.

What it actually did was apply the Lockdown fire rate to a moving MAX for a short period. it wasnt 100% of lockdowns fire speed or CoF tightening, more like 70%, but it made TR overdrive MAXs put out the most DPS in their respective classes outside of Lockdown. It was a much needed addition.

Vanu is all about flexability and mobility. Thus their hovering vehicles that can strafe and glide over water. As well as their weapons ability to switch at will between ruglar and armor piercing ammo, and their MAX suits ability to Jumpjet. Vanu are mobility, TR are fire rate and fire superiority.
    • Up x 2
  16. KnightCole

Nc max lubs der shottys and cqc stuff. Needs more mag size
    Tr max lubs der dakkadakkadakkadakkadakka. Neds overdrive But only on the guns not mobility.
    Vs likes purple and hovering....should get jj back again. Or maybe a drifter jet kinda thing.
  17. OldMaster80

Personally on Miller ZOE is no longer a problem. At least, I don't feel is a problem anymore: VS just quit spamming it like they did in the first weeks after the introduction of the skill. Do you remember when Higby tweeted that VS players are strange as they don't use their equipment if it's not completely OP? Well as devs tweaked ZOE strafe speed suddenly you see half people using it.
    It's still powerful, it's still the best Max ability but you can deal with it and honestly I like the idea a faction got some better stuff than others. Surely you can't expect to kick one in 1vs1, but when the skill is active they got a heavy debuff and they run too fast to let Engineers stay behind.
  18. llPendragon

Agreed. ZOE is still making people leave the game.
    • Up x 1
  19. toxs

ZOE comets destroy the aegis shield too fast. I thought ZOE was going to operate like the vanguard shield, with a timer and a cool down.

Hacksaws got nerfed, ZOE is next. The aegish shield is still broken. rant!
  20. toxs

You have some cool ideas.